Dream Programs Wishlist, 19-20 Edition | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Dream Programs Wishlist, 19-20 Edition

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I've always thought Evgenia would suit the Music from The Crown and Satoko, The Merry Widow :)

Mary Poppins Returns got some good music but dunno who would do it well?

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I've always thought Evgenia would suit the Music from The Crown and Satoko, The Merry Widow :)

Mary Poppins Returns got some good music but dunno who would do it well?

I just saw it last night! It would be a perfect ID RD choice for someone. Who is brave enough though?

ruga

Final Flight
Alexia Paganini SP or FS: Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini by Rachmaninoff
Wakaba Higuchi EX: Waka Waka by Shakira
Dmitri Aliev SP or EX: 'Prince Ali' from 'Aladdin'
Alyssa Liu SP: Miss Alissa by Eagles of Death Metal
Ashley Wagner: Ride of the Valkyries by Richard Wagner

Probably the worst ideas in this thread but that's all I want to see really.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
sheherazade is a pas de deux, it can be performed by both a lady and a men (or a team) so:

sheherazade queen version fs: alena kostornaia; eunsoo lim; stanislava konstantinova
sheherazade golden slave version fs: jason brown; daisuke murakami
sheherazade team versionfs/fd: papadakis/cizeron; chock/bates;

mozart:

queen of the night sp: rika kihira; loena hendrickx

requiem fs/fd: anna shcherbakova; wakaba higuchi; bradie tenell; alexandra trusova; daniel grassl

don juan anyone :biggrin: i mean, nobody ever use it so i would be happy regardless of the skater/team

turkish march: alysa liu; artur danielian; petr gumennik; kazuki tomono

guns & roses

patience, sweet child of mine, welcome to the jungle, november rain in every possible combination: matteo rizzo (after the 60s and the 70s he must do the 80s :biggrin:); kevin aymoz; james/cypres; jin boyang; alexandra trusova

david bowie

space oddity, starman, life on mars, ziggie sturdust i don't care who does it, but be bold! be glam

velvet goldmine viveca lindfors, loena hendrickx

aretha franklin

think mariah bell; kailani craine

we need more superheroes!

avengers theme stephen gogolev
deadpool EX della monica/guarise:laugh:

from tv shows

game of thrones

a lannister always pays his debts (come on girls! cersei lannister is a great character) bradie tenell; rika hongo; alena kostornaia
the winds of wintermarin honda; alaine chartrand
mhysakaori sakamoto; satoko myahara

star trek theme jin boyang

enzet

On the Ice
I want Yuzu to do Beethoven's symphony no.7.
It's so popular in Japan (I'm sure all the Nodame Cantabile fans would go nuts!), great music to skate to, hardly ever used and it would be absolutely perfect for him!

I also want somebody to finally discover Tchaikovsky's polonaise from Eugen Onegin, because it literally screams "figure skating warhorse!!!", yet I don't remember anybody ever skating to it (correct me if I'm wrong, I'd really like to know).

I don't want anyone to skate to R&J ever again!!!
If it can't be avoided, would you at least kindly choose just one version and stick to it and stop mixing Rota and Prokofiev etc. in one program? Thank you!

That said I'd would gladly prostrate in front of anyone who could make a program out of Bellini's I Capuleti e i Montecchi, but I really don't think I need to be worried about that ;).

SkateSkates

Medalist
sheherazade is a pas de deux, it can be performed by both a lady and a men (or a team) so:

sheherazade queen version fs: alena kostornaia; eunsoo lim; stanislava konstantinova
sheherazade golden slave version fs: jason brown; daisuke murakami
sheherazade team versionfs/fd: papadakis/cizeron; chock/bates;

mozart:

queen of the night sp: rika kihira; loena hendrickx

requiem fs/fd: anna shcherbakova; wakaba higuchi; bradie tenell; alexandra trusova; daniel grassl

don juan anyone :biggrin: i mean, nobody ever use it so i would be happy regardless of the skater/team

turkish march: alysa liu; artur danielian; petr gumennik; kazuki tomono

guns & roses

patience, sweet child of mine, welcome to the jungle, november rain in every possible combination: matteo rizzo (after the 60s and the 70s he must do the 80s :biggrin:); kevin aymoz; james/cypres; jin boyang; alexandra trusova

david bowie

space oddity, starman, life on mars, ziggie sturdust i don't care who does it, but be bold! be glam

velvet goldmine viveca lindfors, loena hendrickx

aretha franklin

we need more superheroes!

avengers theme stephen gogolev
deadpool EX della monica/guarise:laugh:

from tv shows

game of thrones

a lannister always pays his debts (come on girls! cersei lannister is a great character) bradie tenell; rika hongo; alena kostornaia
the winds of wintermarin honda; alaine chartrand
mhysakaori sakamoto; satoko myahara

star trek theme jin boyang

As much as I would love to see Eun Soo skate to Scheherazade, it might invite too many comparisons to Yuna’s epic version where she won her first world title. I do think it would be a good choice for her in a couple of years (maybe Olympic season).

Now Bradie as Cersei - that’s a great idea!

litenkyckling

Final Flight
I'd like to see Hubbell and Donohue do a FD to Amy Winehouse, I think music with a soul/jazz feel works really well for them

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Remembering the Broadway/musical RD next season, I'd be thrilled if someone chose to skate to literally anything from A Little Night Music that's not Send In The Clowns. Night Waltz, The Glamorous Life, Now/Soon/Later, It Would Have Been Wonderful... Every Day A Little Death!

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
{perking up} who's done or could do Sweeney Todd? Surely, someone has had to do Sweeney Todd....

Or Kinky Boots :biggrin:

I seem to remember a Canadian dance team using A Little Priest from last year's Nationals, not one on the international scene though. Also unfortunately they were using the movie version :noshake: Sweeney Todd is probably my all time favorite musical but it'd be kind of perverse seeing a team skate to say, Poor Thing even if it has a good rhythm. The Johanna Quartet, though...

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I seem to remember a Canadian dance team using A Little Priest from last year's Nationals, not one on the international scene though. Also unfortunately they were using the movie version :noshake: Sweeney Todd is probably my all time favorite musical but it'd be kind of perverse seeing a team skate to say, Poor Thing even if it has a good rhythm. The Johanna Quartet, though...

They could use the suite arrangement, orchestral rather than vocal.... it's wonderfully dark and dramatic. I'm just imagining the costumes though.... :bow:

Tsurara

On the Ice
aretha franklin

An Italian girl did Aretha's Think (in Blues Brothers' movie version, I think), and another Italian girl did Ike and Tina's Proud Mary at Bavarian Open. Considering Mateo Rizzo's programs (like Ray Charles, Blues Brothers and everything), it makes me wonder if 60s/70s music is a thing in Italy now? or is it just about the Italian choreographer they have? Btw, Mateo is already doing 80's(Ghostbusters), isn't he?

I love those old soul~R&B music a lot, but the only female skater I can think of, who could actually do well with Aretha's powerful vocal and not be her background dancer, would be Kostner. It would be a great tribute to Aretha, but not sure if it'd be a great number for her competitive programs.

---

Maybe it's just me, but I've always wanted someone, a great dancer and entertainer, to revive 2012-13 Akio Sasaki's Voodoo People (by Prodigy) with some quads.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My biggest wish was for Jason Brown to do a Queen medley for his free, but Matteo Rizzo beat him to it!! 😢😢

Queen made 188 songs over 15 albums. I think there's still plenty of material there for Jason to work with.

MORE QUEEN. MORE QUEEN. MORE QUEEN.

That said I am 100% here for Jason and a tango or other latin short program.

And still I hope...to send Joshua to TCC, or send Jason back to CS, and together they could weave the ultimate magic spell for an FS, I am sure of it!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
As much as I would love to see Eun Soo skate to Scheherazade, it might invite too many comparisons to Yuna’s epic version where she won her first world title. I do think it would be a good choice for her in a couple of years (maybe Olympic season).

Now Bradie as Cersei - that’s a great idea!

about sheherazade i would be more interested in watching a men doing it, as i said it's a pas de deux but nobody (that i know of) wants to do the golden slave. you're probably right about eunsoo, but more like the role (if poperly done) requires more maturity.

got is a very popular show, but i know only 3 people who have done it and 2 are men (brezina and fentz, polina tsurskaya skated on light of the seven, but she was just using the music), i wonder why, it has great music and female charachters.

{perking up} who's done or could do Sweeney Todd? Surely, someone has had to do Sweeney Todd....

Or Kinky Boots :biggrin:

my dream is to see a program on the rocky horror picture show (with mandatory guepiere for the man :biggrin:)

An Italian girl did Aretha's Think (in Blues Brothers' movie version, I think), and another Italian girl did Ike and Tina's Proud Mary at Bavarian Open. Considering Mateo Rizzo's programs (like Ray Charles, Blues Brothers and everything), it makes me wonder if 60s/70s music is a thing in Italy now? or is it just about the Italian choreographer they have? Btw, Mateo is already doing 80's(Ghostbusters), isn't he?

I love those old soul~R&B music a lot, but the only female skater I can think of, who could actually do well with Aretha's powerful vocal and not be her background dancer, would be Kostner. It would be a great tribute to Aretha, but not sure if it'd be a great number for her competitive programs.

---

60s are not really back in fashion here, it's probably their coach. rizzo'sp is an instrumental version of a popular song of the 50s and i can't think that he or somebody else in his age range would volontarily listen to it (when matteo did ghostbusters? how could i miss it?).

carolina doing think would be great, but i don't know either if it would fit her style

Nathan13

Medalist
I am an idiot and I forgot that the RD next year is Broadway when I made the OP :shame: However, I've taken the liberty of choosing some musicals for some of the top teams (you'll recall I started the Broadway programs thread a year or two ago, so this is right in my wheelhouse :hap85: )

Chock & Bates: Stephen Sondheim's FOLLIES :clap: Timeless and grand, just like their style

Guignard & Fabbri: Lullaby of Broadway (42nd Street)

Gilles & Poirier: Burt Bacharach's Promises Promises... I don't really know they could make the patterns work but if they could I would be thrilled because I love the energy of the score

Weaver & Poje: Anything Goes mash-up :yes:

Hubbell & Donohue: Sticking with A Chorus Line, see OP

Stepanova & Bukin: Another Fosse program, perhaps :think:

Papadakis & Cizeron: Honestly no idea

I am already dreading the endless Chicago programs we will have to endure :drama: :disapp: :no: :palmf: Like seriously, it is going to be so annoying. Mark my words--we will see 40-50% of RD's to Chicago next year. I predict we will also be sick of West Side Story.

oly2018

Final Flight
I am an idiot and I forgot that the RD next year is Broadway when I made the OP :shame: However, I've taken the liberty of choosing some musicals for some of the top teams (you'll recall I started the Broadway programs thread a year or two ago, so this is right in my wheelhouse :hap85: )

Chock & Bates: Stephen Sondheim's FOLLIES :clap: Timeless and grand, just like their style

Guignard & Fabbri: Lullaby of Broadway (42nd Street)

Gilles & Poirier: Burt Bacharach's Promises Promises... I don't really know they could make the patterns work but if they could I would be thrilled because I love the energy of the score

Weaver & Poje: Anything Goes mash-up :yes:

Hubbell & Donohue: Sticking with A Chorus Line, see OP

Stepanova & Bukin: Another Fosse program, perhaps :think:

Papadakis & Cizeron: Honestly no idea

I am already dreading the endless Chicago programs we will have to endure :drama: :disapp: :no: :palmf: Like seriously, it is going to be so annoying. Mark my words--we will see 40-50% of RD's to Chicago next year. I predict we will also be sick of West Side Story.

The RD will likely be a headache next season. I think teams like G/P will take it as an opprotunity to do something obscure and interesting, but I think a lot of teams will go with the most obvious choices :(

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The RD will likely be a headache next season. I think teams like G/P will take it as an opprotunity to do something obscure and interesting, but I think a lot of teams will go with the most obvious choices :(

Umm, do we really need another year like the POTO deluge??? (don't answer that)

sad to say, I doubt we'll get The Book of Mormon or Priscilla Queen of the Desert...