Dream Programs Wishlist, 19-20 Edition | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Dream Programs Wishlist, 19-20 Edition

enzet

On the Ice
how could i forget Ständchen? it's absolutely perfect for a sp (i can see one of the koreans girls skating on it), also i'd like to see the trio op. 100 (in a barry lyndon program)

:yes:

about puccini, nobody skates on vissi d'arte, we've got thousands of programs on e lucean le stelle (and nessun dorma but that's turandot) but nobody wants to portray floria tosca in her iconic aria (also when a men performs cavaradossi it's always on e lucean le stelle never on recondita armonia). in my opinion satoko miyahara could be great on vissi d'arte (or bellini's casta diva with maria callas's voice of course)

Absolutely, that's why I never get the argument that skaters/choreographers usually go for tried and tested music because the judges are conservative etc.
As if skating to e.g. Vissi d'arte instead of E lucevan le stelle for once was so shockingly unexpected that the judges would immediately lower their scores or something.

Vissi d'Arte is just as skateable as Un bel di vedremo, so is Casta diva or O mio babbino caro, or Barcarolle from The Tales of Hoffmann etc.
And I'm not petitioning for these to be used, my point is that there really is so much music out there, even if one wants to play it safe, there is absolutely no reason to have 10x E lucevan le stelle in one season.

The same goes for Carmen. Has anyone ever skated to Près des remparts de Séville, for example? If so, it's so rare, that I can't remember.

When considering Carmina Burana, how about Estuans interius or Olim lacus colueram? The latter might be a bit of a challenge but, perverted as it may sound, after all those swans from the Swan Lake or The Swan, I would love to see someone portray a roasted one, for change! :devil:

Other suggestions:

Josef Strauss - Transactionen Waltzer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qeVUYo9N5Y

Au fond du temple saint from Les Pêcheurs De Perles (one of the best opera duets ever and would work in instrumental version as well!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbAKWOemzjg

Something from Faust (both Gounod's and Berlioz's; Gounod's has been done but not quite enough), Massenet's Werther, Korngold's Die Tote Stadt...
:luv17:

enzet

On the Ice
Sierra Venetta’s SP at this year’s US Nationals was to Emperor piano concerto. Nathan had Chopin piano concerto no.1 FS for the 2014-15 season.

Good to hear!
Unfortunately, I couldn't find Sierra's SP. I think there might have been others who used that piece, but it definitely deserves more attention!

And :agree: to Nadia Kanaeva or whoever was responsible for choosing that Chopin's piano concerto. Again, so much potential as a skating music...

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
:yes:

Absolutely, that's why I never get the argument that skaters/choreographers usually go for tried and tested music because the judges are conservative etc.
As if skating to e.g. Vissi d'arte instead of E lucevan le stelle for once was so shockingly unexpected that the judges would immediately lower their scores or something.

Vissi d'Arte is just as skateable as Un bel di vedremo, so is Casta diva or O mio babbino caro, or Barcarolle from The Tales of Hoffmann etc.
And I'm not petitioning for these to be used, my point is that there really is so much music out there, even if one wants to play it safe, there is absolutely no reason to have 10x E lucevan le stelle in one season.

The same goes for Carmen. Has anyone ever skated to Près des remparts de Séville, for example? If so, it's so rare, that I can't remember.

When considering Carmina Burana, how about Estuans interius or Olim lacus colueram? The latter might be a bit of a challenge but, perverted as it may sound, after all those swans from the Swan Lake or The Swan, I would love to see someone portray a roasted one, for change! :devil:

Other suggestions:

Josef Strauss - Transactionen Waltzer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qeVUYo9N5Y

Au fond du temple saint from Les Pêcheurs De Perles (one of the best opera duets ever and would work in instrumental version as well!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbAKWOemzjg

Something from Faust (both Gounod's and Berlioz's; Gounod's has been done but not quite enough), Massenet's Werther, Korngold's Die Tote Stadt...
:luv17:

i would be happy if they skated the black swan on the actual black swan music instead of a medley of well known pieces from the entire ballet

Roast Toast

Medalist
Not sure if I already suggested this the last time we had this thread, but this Puccini aria.

Ennio Morricone is another one of those composers that have produced warhorses but are also criminally underused. The ecstasy of gold, for example, would make a great program. This piece might be a bit challenging to make work but I would love to see the result!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
i would be happy if they skated the black swan on the actual black swan music instead of a medley of well known pieces from the entire ballet

A step sequence set to the 32 fouettes would be something pretty special!

enzet

On the Ice
Not sure if I already suggested this the last time we had this thread, but this Puccini aria.

Ennio Morricone is another one of those composers that have produced warhorses but are also criminally underused. The ecstasy of gold, for example, would make a great program. This piece might be a bit challenging to make work but I would love to see the result!

Wonderful suggestions!

Yes, that Puccini aria is sooo beautiful and to hear Dame Kiri again...:love:

And I think the Morricone piece would make an amazing program!
I don't know Morricone all that well (which is a shame, because he's a master), I just know the popular pieces, but I'm sure there are many gems that would be great for skating.

And speaking about movie music, how about Alex North? Love him!
I'll think about something from him that would make a good program....

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh yes, Morricone, my absolute favourite film composer... I am prepared to worship at the feet of anyone who does a good version of The Hateful Eight main theme, but I suspect it can't be done...

Then there's the Musical Pocket Watch Theme for a delicate skater...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tiTzQoEWDw

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Malagueña for Sasha [emoji7][emoji91][emoji95]

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
"Mystery of love" by Sufjan Stevens for P/C. Since it seems that they will still do the same thing during the next season, i can see them skating on that music.

Sui/Han on "Shallow" from a star is born.

Roast Toast

Medalist
"Mystery of love" by Sufjan Stevens for P/C.

I've listened to Suf for years and I've never really found a song of his that could be made into a figure skating program. They're either far too soft and even (like Mysteries of Love) to fit the change of mood requirement, or far too jumbly and discordant (think Age of Adz album) to even think of skating on. Maybe Chicago could work? Idk...

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I've listened to Suf for years and I've never really found a song of his that could be made into a figure skating program. They're either far too soft and even (like Mysteries of Love) to fit the change of mood requirement, or far too jumbly and discordant (think Age of Adz album) to even think of skating on. Maybe Chicago could work? Idk...

I had forgotten that requirement. Yeah too even. But it can be used in the first part of a program maybe. Though i don't see with what music it could work. I don't think chicago could work either.

Outro by M83 would be great for a single or pair short program https://youtu.be/Eyjj8BgsBGU

Henni147

Final Flight
Interesting to see that despite the constant complaining about warhorses on this forum (I'm guilty of that too),
when given the freedom to choose absolutely any kind of skating music without the pressure of whether it would make a good program,
quite a number of people go for warhorses anyway.

I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just surprised, as I thought most of the fans here were fed up hearing the same music over and over and it seems the actual percentage might be much lower than I assumed.
To break with the mainstream here is my exotic wish list:

Alina: FS Harry Potter Medley (John Williams)

Rika: FS Avatar Medley (James Horner Feat. Leona Lewis)

Donovan: SP Bamboleo (Gipsy Kings)

Boyang: SP Monsters Inc Theme (Randy Newman, Disney & Pixar)

Nathan: SP Beggin' (Madcon) FS Human (Rag'n'Bone Man), Mambo No. 5 (Lou Bega)

Yuzuru: SP Men In Black (Will Smith) or Hit The Road Jack* (Ray Charles)
*Still can't believe that the Prince choreo works so well with this... even the fist bumps during the sit spin and the moves of his lips :laugh:

Vanessa & Morgan: FS Bodyguard Medley (Whitney Houston)

Gabbi & Cizo: EX You Can Leave Your Hat On (Joe Cocker)

labgoat

I have no words
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Yes please, I love A Room with a View..Hawayek & Baker please...

Yes to Morricone, we need another spaghetti western medley like Eric Millot. I always wanted Ryan Bradley to try this, but will settle for a Canadian like Keegan or Nic Nadeau.

labgoat

I have no words
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some Diana Ross for Starr Andrews please...ain't no mountain high enough...

Tarah Kayne & Danny OShea - Outlander ( get John Kerr to help)

Cain & LeDuc - Grease! (Olivia Newton John for the Aussie lady)

Capriccio Espagnol - Last used by Caryn Kadavy 1987

Madi & Zach - Edith Piaf medley. It looked good on Osmond, a power skater.

Madi & Evan. - Miss Saigon

Charlotte 71

On the Ice
Will someone - I don't care who it is, although Rika would be nice - please finally skate to the Black Stallion soundtrack by Carmine Coppola? I've been waiting literally 40 years.