United-States
Took a moment today...

to watch Rise and remember Sabena Flight 548.:sad21:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Talk about a team being decimated. Wow...That was a Herculean task to rebuild after that disaster. I remember my mom fighting back tears that day when we talked about it.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Talk about a team being decimated. Wow...That was a Herculean task to rebuild after that disaster. I remember my mom fighting back tears that day when we talked about it.

It is really amazing we ever recovered. What a horrible and sad disaster.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Would anyone know if Rise is posted anywhere online? I’ve always wanted to watch it, but I’ve never been able to find the full movie, just some short clips and the trailers on YouTube.

LindaTNo1

Rinkside
In looking ahead to World's next month March 2019, reflections and condolences continue. The loss of the entire USA World team, along with coaches, families and assistants, you will never be forgotten. The documentary film, Rise tells the stories of that terrible day. The entire team were inducted into the US Figure Skating Hall of Fame. Remembering, reflecting...…..still to this day.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
It’s hard to believe that something like that ever happened. I’d like to watch the documentary if anyone knows where is can be found online or otherwise.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Never knew there was a film made about the tragedy.

Is "Rise" the full title, or is it shorthand? Because the only film I can find on Sky's On Demand service called just "Rise" is a 2007 vampire film. And the only film I can find on Wikipedia called just "Rise" is a 2014 Aussie crime film.

IMDB have lots of entries for programmes and films called "Rise", but none of them appear to be this.

To be honest, I am not sure I could sit through a whole film about the tragedy. Just thinking about the real event is enough to make me very sad.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Thank you so much Mathman. :bow: :clap: :points:

I just mustn't have scrolled down far enough on the search results in IMDB. :slink: (It would help if they listed the results in some sort of logical order...)

CaroLiza_fan

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Would anyone know if Rise is posted anywhere online? I’ve always wanted to watch it, but I’ve never been able to find the full movie, just some short clips and the trailers on YouTube.

Not to my knowledge. I purchased it on Amazon. Asked Brent for a copy to purchase from him. He stated it was an executive decision to not monetize Rise. He did state there had been a copy sent to every skating club in the US. I wish my money had gone to support the Memorial Fund but at this point there is no way to do that unfortunately.

LindaTNo1

Rinkside
Olympic Gold medalist Scott Hamilton and Olympic Gold Medalist Peggy Fleming truly revived and restarted USFS, to which all USFS athletes owe a deep gratitude. The sheer enormous weight, pressure, and responsibility resting on their shoulders was truly amazing. Since I am of the Peggy Fleming generation, , it is my hope that the current skaters and past skaters after the tragedy will never forget and reverence the sacrifice made on that fateful day. The ISU cancelled the competition that year.