Were SUI/HAN dancers before skating? | Golden Skate

Were SUI/HAN dancers before skating?

oly2018

Final Flight
They do work with an off ice dance coach. They both seem equally committed to evolving the pairs discipline, which probably helps. I'm also sure being long term partners also helps them match each other's line and overall movement. I'm totally impressed.

GarthAqua

On the Ice
According to Han Cong, he learned dancing in the early years. He injured his foot when he was young and quit skating for a while. During his time off ice, he considered professional dancing as his career. Later he was called back to skating and paired up with Sui. You can tell from their 2011-12 flamenco LP that Han had some well trained postures and arm movements. And during 16-17 season when Sui was doing surgery, Han trained himself with more focusing on performance.

Don't know Sui start dance training before or after skating but she had some very good posture back when she was doing singles. Most of the girls have dance training off ice.

I think what makes them special is the fact they both have dance backgrounds so they are well matched.

BTW, their exhibition this year is choreographed with some professional dancers so the upper body movement are much more detailed.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
They definitely have some great dance qualities. Though Han doesn't have the perfect dancer body like Guillaume he has some gestures reminscent of icedancing for sure.