Buying my first skates - recommendations? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Buying my first skates - recommendations?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hey! Just an update: I purchased the Freestyles, they fit perfectly. Will test them out through the week and get back to you. Thank you for all your tips!

Congrats! I hope they work out for you! Just remember not to try doubles in them!

Sam L

Medalist
Gotcha. I won't be trying doubles for a WHILE anyway. Have yet to master my waltz jump lol

An international student doing figure skating in NYC, very impressive. Where do you skate? Are you interested in NYC meet up next year? I was there last year, just for a holiday, and I skated at Wollmann and Rockefeller. I want to go back to both and try Chelsea Piers. I made a friend skating a Wollmann rink last year and we've kept in touch, might meet with her also (not a GS member).

enzofv

On the Ice
An international student doing figure skating in NYC, very impressive. Where do you skate? Are you interested in NYC meet up next year? I was there last year, just for a holiday, and I skated at Wollmann and Rockefeller. I want to go back to both and try Chelsea Piers. I made a friend skating a Wollmann rink last year and we've kept in touch, might meet with her also (not a GS member).

I skate at the LeFrak Center in Prospect Park, but occasionally at Chelsea Piers and City Ice Pavillion. Sure! PM me :)

Sam L

Medalist
I skate at the LeFrak Center in Prospect Park, but occasionally at Chelsea Piers and City Ice Pavillion. Sure! PM me :)

Oh really? I was thinking about skating at LeFrak last time I was there but I was based in East Village, this time I'll *probably* be based in Brooklyn so will definitely check it out. The outdoor rink looks awesome!

enzofv

On the Ice
Oh really? I was thinking about skating at LeFrak last time I was there but I was based in East Village, this time I'll *probably* be based in Brooklyn so will definitely check it out. The outdoor rink looks awesome!

I love it, it's one of the best in the city. But it turns into a roller skating rink from April through October.