Mobile app for reading PDF scores | Golden Skate

Mobile app for reading PDF scores

divan

Rinkside
Hi everyone,

I'm implementing various ideas for figure skating mobile apps, and one of them has always been a helper for reading ISU PDF scores on the mobile. You know, PDF is not screen-friendly format, the font is small, and constant scrolling and panning don't give you a great experience.

So here is an initial functionality for alpha-version:

dbP8nTh.gif

It's not published yet, as I'm just testing out ideas, but it works on iOS and Android, and that's definitely an app I'm going to use myself.

So, I'm wondering, what's your main use cases for reading scores?
- What information are you looking in the scores in the first place (i.e. "looking for the particular skater", "looking for a total score for each element", "looking at GOE variance by judges" etc.)
- What analysis/calculation your often do? (i.e. "what's the difference between jump's score for skater A and B", "comparing two skaters", "looking for all scores for quads" etc.)
- What features/ideas you'd like to have for such an app? (i.e. "text magnification, so I can read protocols with my poor eyesight", "sharing option via image", "abbreviations explainer – click on an element and see the full description" etc.)

I'd love to make it useful for as many people as possible, so your feedback and ideas are pretty much welcome.