Does anybody do syncro? | Golden Skate

Does anybody do syncro?

Curlygirly81

On the Ice
I've never had an interest but it's becoming quite popular.. Thinking about maybe joining a team..Question for you syncro skaters..

Costumes, do you buy or rent them? I've never liked the idea of renting, I can't wear something that's been worn by someone else.. I use to cringe when we did carnivals bc they would put us in rentals... I'm a bit of germophobe lol

1904sk8

On the Ice
Well since no one really uses that forum :)() I will just respond here. Usually you pay a fee to the team and then dresses will be included in the fee. Some teams let you keep them at the end of the season while others do not. Most of the time teams get them custom made at the start of the season so it matches the theme of the program. Some smaller teams might purchase dresses from other teams at the end of the season but they are all usually in good condition. Let me know if you have any other questions

- - - Updated - - -

I've never had an interest but it's becoming quite popular.. Thinking about maybe joining a team..Question for you syncro skaters..

Costumes, do you buy or rent them? I've never liked the idea of renting, I can't wear something that's been worn by someone else.. I use to cringe when we did carnivals bc they would put us in rentals... I'm a bit of germophobe lol

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If you've never had an interest, then why would you do it?

Curlygirly81

On the Ice
Well since no one really uses that forum :)() I will just respond here. Usually you pay a fee to the team and then dresses will be included in the fee. Some teams let you keep them at the end of the season while others do not. Most of the time teams get them custom made at the start of the season so it matches the theme of the program. Some smaller teams might purchase dresses from other teams at the end of the season but they are all usually in good condition. Let me know if you have any other questions

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! That's useful! [emoji2]

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I did when I was younger. The first year I did it it was still called Precision- but I am in my 30's so that was a while ago! It is a lot of fun.

As for dresses- we always either had ours made or bought them.

Curlygirly81

On the Ice
I did when I was younger. The first year I did it it was still called Precision- but I am in my 30's so that was a while ago! It is a lot of fun.

As for dresses- we always either had ours made or bought them.

Thank you! I'm old enough to reminder precision as well lol

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Probably they never had an interest in the past, but now they do.

Just double-checking, as I know a lot of adults and older teens get pressured to do synchro.

Mamamiia

Medalist
A friend of mine is a synchro skater. I heard that she pays the team a certain amount of $ a year, say $8,000, costumes, training, traveling and some other expenses are included.

Pepipanda

Rinkside
I skate on an adult synchro team. It's a class at my rink, so I pay for it at the same rate as LTS lessons, but the practice is 1 hour instead of 30 mins each week (so the cost per 6-week session is also double). We bought our dresses on Amazon for ~$40. It's a recreational team with a mix of skating levels and people have been joining and dropping out during the year, so we don't do anything impressive in our program, but we do have one and we're going to skate it in the rink's annual show next month.