Paid for Club Membership, No word for 3 Months. (Scam?) | Golden Skate

Paid for Club Membership, No word for 3 Months. (Scam?)

kathrynskates

Rinkside
Recently, (late November) I paid for a club membership at a rink closer to my home. It's much smaller than the previous one I was apart of but, gave me access to skate frequently due to my schedule making me less available now.
I paid for the membership (made sure to have an email receipt of it from Entryeeze), and filled all required forms that turned DIRECTLY to the rink during this time. On the website they've addressed that they will contact me directly afterwards.

For the past three months, I've been waiting for a response of any confirmation just assuming that they were taking their time etc etc. I've only gotten one response so far around early February when I had emailed after tries asking if they've received the forms, and wondering if it's possible to have a private coach. The reply alerted me that one of the board members will speak to the head adviser of a new member, and we will be contacted by them for further information about club activities and getting a coach.

It's been about three weeks or so since I've heard a word. I assumed that they were busy and since it snowed as well, there might have been a delay with travelling to the rink. Yet, I've been following their Facebook and seeing that they have been active with activities (had an award ceremony for skaters), and there will be a board meeting this Saturday at the rink. This morning I had called the rink again to talk, only was able contact a member of the club that merely forwarded me to the adviser's number to call. The voicemail box was full so I couldn't leave a message.

I don't know what to do and I'm pretty mad and upset. My mom had paid for the membership and it's just wasting money at this point since we would be required to renew it in July. I've been waiting for a while and I doubt they will get in touch with me anytime soon with the emails and calls... I'm pretty sure that the money towards the membership is non-refundable but I've paid for a service that I've never been given.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Recently, (late November) I paid for a club membership at a rink closer to my home. It's much smaller than the previous one I was apart of but, gave me access to skate frequently due to my schedule making me less available now.
I paid for the membership (made sure to have an email receipt of it from Entryeeze), and filled all required forms that turned DIRECTLY to the rink during this time. On the website they've addressed that they will contact me directly afterwards.

For the past three months, I've been waiting for a response of any confirmation just assuming that they were taking their time etc etc. I've only gotten one response so far around early February when I had emailed after tries asking if they've received the forms, and wondering if it's possible to have a private coach. The reply alerted me that one of the board members will speak to the head adviser of a new member, and we will be contacted by them for further information about club activities and getting a coach.

It's been about three weeks or so since I've heard a word. I assumed that they were busy and since it snowed as well, there might have been a delay with travelling to the rink. Yet, I've been following their Facebook and seeing that they have been active with activities (had an award ceremony for skaters), and there will be a board meeting this Saturday at the rink. This morning I had called the rink again to talk, only was able contact a member of the club that merely forwarded me to the adviser's number to call. The voicemail box was full so I couldn't leave a message.

I don't know what to do and I'm pretty mad and upset. My mom had paid for the membership and it's just wasting money at this point since we would be required to renew it in July. I've been waiting for a while and I doubt they will get in touch with me anytime soon with the emails and calls... I'm pretty sure that the money towards the membership is non-refundable but I've paid for a service that I've never been given.

Looks like you are going to have to go there and deal with them in person to get anything accomplished. Also try to get them to agree that they will apply what you haven't used (due to their lack of promptness) going forward so that you don't have to pay again in July. Be stern but kind.

Good luck.

ETA: If it were me, I wouldn't want to skate out of their rink/club if this is the way they do business. But if you are stuck with having to skate there due to convenience then you do what you have to do.

jf12

Final Flight
Have you tried just showing up during club ice with your email receipt, skate there, and talk to someone in person?

sandraskates

Final Flight
Country
United-States
"...there will be a board meeting this Saturday at the rink."

I've never heard of a predicament such as yours but if I was in your position I'd show up at that board meeting and talk to the members directly. If you are under 18, your mom should go too.

Board members are elected volunteers with busy lives. They do not always understand technology, especially when something goes wrong, and won't take the time to go digging. It's possible that there was a glitch and they didn't get your membership form. Web confirmations are programmed automatically but there my have been a glitch on the back-end. Print out any documentation you did receive and take it with you.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

kathrynskates

Rinkside
Have you tried just showing up during club ice with your email receipt, skate there, and talk to someone in person?

Yes, I have. I've talked to one of the coaches there who was free but only was told that I should speak to the front desk to contact the head. There was little information shed again unfortunately.

kathrynskates

Rinkside
We printed out all the forms (even the email from Entryeeze showing I'm a member I believe) and had given it to the rink combined with the medical and photo consent forms just in case something like that would happen.

Will definitely go to the meeting as well and hope for the best.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Something similar happened to me once. It turned out that they had misspelled my email address! Could it be something simple like that?