Which blade has the farthest forward spin rocker? | Golden Skate

Which blade has the farthest forward spin rocker?

Sam L

Medalist
Is it Gold Seal? On this question, why are some blades' spin rockers so far back like the P99 or the Coronation Ace? I don't understand how comfortable it would be to spin in a position where you have to sit back further on the back of the blade. Isn't better to be more forward?

Nimyue

On the Ice
Is it Gold Seal? On this question, why are some blades' spin rockers so far back like the P99 or the Coronation Ace? I don't understand how comfortable it would be to spin in a position where you have to sit back further on the back of the blade. Isn't better to be more forward?

Personally, I find it way easier to spin on a CA profile. It's far easier especially in sit positions. Also I've noticed when I spin on that profile it's far more forgiving if I drop my free hip. Also I can rescue a spin that starts rocking.

I changed to an MK Pro and my spins are much faster BUT if it starts to rock I'm done for. Also if my free leg drops at all I'm rocking out of my spin. Spins have to be much more precise, but the reward for precision is very good. It's also super easy to find that spot under your foot. Whereas the CA was more subtle and required a lot of repetition to feel it.

I am still having the debate of which profile to stick with... I like the CA more, but I feel like the MK Pro would enforce better habits and make me a better skater... so... ugh.

concorde

Medalist
Gold Stars are a better spinning blade than Gold Seals. But Seals give you more stability when landing jumps.