The "what the heck?" programs | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The "what the heck?" programs

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Alexandra Trusova's Big Spender SP from last season was a big WTH to me due to the topic of the song.
Morozov/Tarasova and their Candyman FS.
Max Aaron's Lion King FS in 2016/17. That techno StSq is still haunting me.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That skater who stopped skating to answer an imaginary phone as apart of his choreography

Does anyone know who skated this program so I can try to look it up? I'm dying to see this bit with the telephone!

1904sk8

On the Ice
Bestemianova & Bukin - Rasputin

YAGUDIN A. 1997 EX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LcLYQKpHy4
(even after years, still not used to this . . . Lambiels cat program and costume become masterpieces and good taste compared to this program . . . )

Okay, I better stop for now as I have to go to sleep within the hour and would like to have nice dreams.
I will not be having nice dreams after watching this. Very much a WTH program

Amei

Record Breaker

bunnybarista

If I risk it all, could you break my fall?~
On the Ice
Domnina/Shabalin's Aboriginal Dance.

It wasn't just the costumes and styling... the actual PROGRAM was so bizarre.

I came here just to talk about their aboriginal dance. It still blows my mind that no one stopped for a second and scratched their heads before approving this atrocity... :palmf::rolleye:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Any skater who has ever done a phantom of the opera-themed program (Including Patrick, yuzuru and D/W)
V/M's 4 seasons program

What do you mean? Yuzu's POTO was adorable once he stopped adding actual real blood and thunder to it (so okay, even then it was still adorable in a WTH way, especially given that half the skating world was doing it that year....) It's a pity we can't vote for ice shows, or his Doryzu last year (I think the real name was something like Wings of Words) would be waaaay up on a lot of his fans' list.

Junliet has got to be near the top, only thing stopping it was Junhwan was at least dressed sensibly :) and oh yes, he made so many of us love it in spite of ourselves. But my top vote would go to Nelli Zhiganshina & Alexander Gazsi, with their zombie skate Two from the Grave. Love it to quite literal death, I do.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That skater who stopped skating to answer an imaginary phone as apart of his choreography
Does anyone know who skated this program so I can try to look it up? I'm dying to see this bit with the telephone!

I'm assuming this refers to Mark Webster's infamous Nokia ringtone SP from a couple of seasons ago.

Max Aaron's Lion King FS in 2016/17. That techno StSq is still haunting me.

No! Long live the Loin King! You all just cannot see Max's artistic vision. ;)

Obviously, the most what the heck program is that racist atrocity from Dominina/Shabalin: not just that they did it, or the choreo, costumes, music etc...but that the judges rewarded a blatantly racist atrocity with an Olympic medal.

Henni147

Final Flight
In fact it's a series of four ads, not only the crab yeti but also guinea fowl, platypus and camel. And we are still waiting for the mandarin fish! :rofl:
Aye! The camel! I remember that one, too :laugh: However, Crab-Javi topped everything for me.

Trust me, this Nobu "competitive program" tops even the one above of Javi's for the most 'What the heck?!' moment of skating ads on TV - it's so silly yet so creative at the same time :laugh2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tQkJrcGbv8
Yooo! Nobu the fried egg :rofl: Right, that was delicate, too.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
You want to talk WTH music cuts, you haven't seen anything unless you've seen Alexander Petrov's discarded SP from the beginning of the 2017 season. You know, in case you ever wondered what a skate to Bird Is The Word would look like mashed up with Fever and a couple others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9tnGt6YL4s

enzet

On the Ice
But my top vote would go to Nelli Zhiganshina & Alexander Gazsi, with their zombie skate Two from the Grave. Love it to quite literal death, I do.

I totally second that sentiment! One of my favorite programs ever!
Just wouldn't call it a "what the heck program"...more like "a heck of a program!":biggrin: