Junior Worlds: Ladies' FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Junior Worlds: Ladies' FS

lzxnl

Final Flight
Scoring made me not enjoying this event as much as i wanted.

1) Trusova PCS makes no sense, she should have been 2nd here overall. Yes she has 3 quads but her skating skills were the worst of the top 4 easily (comparable to Yuna Shiraiwa), and the free program also gave me nothing. I can only imagine how frustrating that must be for the other skaters, working hours every day on these things and not getting rewarded for that.

2) Ting Cui should have been behind Kseniia Sinitsyna, and the gap between the two scores is complete nonsense.

- Ting lacks in transitions, some of the entries like in the 3f (wrong edge) are clearly telegraphed and yet she got huge GOEs for those. Not only that but she fell on the 3flip and falls should affect the components mark in performance, ironically that was Ting's highest mark in her PCS.

- Yuna's 3flutz (with blade assist)-3t actually got higher GOE than Kseniia's 3ltz-3t-2t in the second half, judges what are you doing? Do you need a pair of glasses?

- The program is easier. This is a sport, you have to give credit to the skater who goes for the most difficult elements, and doing all your combos at the end of the program is hard, not only that, but Kseniia missed her second 3-3 and she had the guts to change plans (she had 3F as the final element) and do a 3lo-3t instead (it was under but still)

If the reason behind all this is "you had to give USA one medal" or "you couldn't let Russia sweeping the podium" that's when i'm out following this sport. You should look at the athlete and not at the country behind, what are we looking here? a sport or a game between 2-3 federations?

If you want to talk about full blade assist, lots of women use it, including both Eteri girls. I don't see you complaining about them, however.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
The music feels too heavy for her. The SP is much more successful at highlighting her musicality.

I don’t get this at all. How does it feel too heavy for her? I think she interprets it very well indeed. She is a pretty versatile and musical skater at her young age. After all, you can’t really stick to the same type of music for both programs.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
If you want to talk about full blade assist, lots of women use it, including both Eteri girls. I don't see you complaining about them, however.

I'm fine judges giving a pass to wrong edges and worse techniques (as long as they do it for all skaters), but i'm not okay with higher GOE for a flawed technique compared to a more precise one.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I'm fine judges giving a pass to wrong edges and worse techniques (as long as they do it for all skaters), but i'm not okay with higher GOE for a flawed technique compared to a more precise one.

Usually the judges' response to that is "But they hit all other aspects of the jump!" :rolleye:

When really they mean - this is a popular skater so my start value GOE for them is +5 and if they make an error it drops to a +1/+2... whereas an unpopular skater landing a clean jump is a +1 start value even if it has great qualities and 0/-GOE if they make errors.

(I always refer back to this early-IJS double axel example of Yan Liu that got 0 GOE from 10 judges, and +1 from just 2 of them... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_yDyvL1zn8#t=4m5s :unsure:)

It's almost like your World Standing dictates where you start on a judge's GOE start value.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
How do you think the absence of Russian and Japanese judges in Ladies Single worked out in the scores the skaters received?

Arbitrary

Medalist
Usually the judges' response to that is "But they hit all other aspects of the jump!" :rolleye:

When really they mean - this is a popular skater so my start value GOE for them is +5 and if they make an error it drops to a +1/+2... whereas an unpopular skater landing a clean jump is a +1 start value even if it has great qualities and 0/-GOE if they make errors.

(I always refer back to this early-IJS double axel example of Yan Liu that got 0 GOE from 10 judges, and +1 from just 2 of them... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_yDyvL1zn8#t=4m5s :unsure:)

It's almost like your World Standing dictates where you start on a judge's GOE start value.

Sure...

When Trusova landed her qlutz first time it was more or less OK but the Board doomed it, UR.
Next time she landed it even worse and the Board voted FR GOE=0.
Would she land it at WJC the GOE likely be positive.

Shcherbakova two-footed her first international qlutz and had a negative GOE. Will she have a "next time" the GOE may be positive...
You need to build yourself to gain the respect and the recognition.

Cross-country is much more fair...

How do you think the absence of Russian and Japanese judges in Ladies Single worked out in the scores the skaters received?

I don't think it had much effect one way or another. The panel did have a Byeloruss judge (#!). This judge gave fairly low scores to Trusova and somewhat preferred Shcherbakova, but she was rather tough on everybody compared to the average of the panel.

The judge from Azerbaijan (Irina Medvedeva :) ) was on the high side for all the Russian skaters and only in the middle for the Japanese. Nothing really stood out in the protocols, to me.

Last edited:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I don't think it had much effect one way or another. The panel did have a Byeloruss judge (#!). This judge gave fairly low scores to Trusova and somewhat preferred Shcherbakova, but she was rather tough on everybody compared to the average of the panel.

The judge from Azurbaijan (Irina Medvedeva :) ) was on the high side for all the Russian skaters and only in the middle for the Japanese. Nothing really stood out in the protocols, to me.

Thanks. Given your proficiency with maths, statistics and the ISU rules I appreciate your answer.