2019 World Championships: ISU Predictions Game Round 4 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships: ISU Predictions Game Round 4

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I put her 4[SUP]th[/SUP], with an all-Japanese podium... :palmf:

But I don't hate myself for doing that. Because I always have a lot of faith in the Japanese skaters, and even more so here because this was a home competition where they would have a supportive and encouraging crowd.

No, what I hate myself for is for moving Medvedeva from 6[SUP]th[/SUP] to 9[SUP]th[/SUP] at the last minute.

CaroLiza_fan

I moved Alina out of superstition [emoji23] so maybe it worked

LadyB

Record Breaker
Silver in Pairs is fab and I think I didn't do too badly in Men and Dance.

I completely messed up the Ladies and I'm VERY happy about it!:rofl:

LaArdilla

Medalist
I'm happy about the bronze in Pairs and I can't believe that my best discipline turned out to be Men. In ladies I got a truly groundbreaking result - 30 pts, all for Evgenia :luv17:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gold in pairs—again the discipline I follow the least. I think it is because, in pairs, I rank using my head, not my heart (though placing Sui and Han first was both heart and head).

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Ladies will be done today, apologies for being late (I have a bit of a rush with formalities about changing jobs right now)!:)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Congrats!!! How exciting (well, probably a bit stressful too, but focus on the exciting stuff).

Thank You :ghug:, it is my first job change ever and I feel nervous, won't lie. The most stressful thing for me will be handling my resignation and it has to happen this very week... :slink:

taylor1

On the Ice
LADIES
1. Alina Zagitova
2. Rika Kihira
3. Evgenia Medvedeva
4. Satoko Miyahara
5. Kaori Sakamoto
6. Bradie Tennell

MEN
1. Nathan Chen
2. Yuzuru Hanyu
3. Shoma Uno
4. Junhwan Cha
5. Boyang JIN
6. Alexander Samarin

PAIRS
1. Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES
2. Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV
3. Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN
4. Cheng PENG / Yang JIN
5. Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT

DANCE
1. Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON
2. Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES
3. Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN
4. Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE
5. Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE

YEAHHH! I predicted my girl Alina correctly!!! Literally 90% of people predicted Rika taking 1st. Yikes

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
YEAHHH! I predicted my girl Alina correctly!!! Literally 90% of people predicted Rika taking 1st. Yikes

It wasn't quite as much as 90%. It was only 76.4% :p

Ladies

For anyone who's curious, here are the results of the Prediction Game thread for who GSers predict will be the 2019 Ladies' World Champion :)

View attachment 605

Incidentally, here are the pie charts for the other categories:

Men

Here are the results from the Prediction Games thread on who our 2019 Men's World Champion will be! Anyone surprise here? :think:
View attachment 614

Pairs

For anyone interested, here is the breakdown* for who GS users have predicted will be the 2019 World Pairs Champions :biggrin:

View attachment 603
*Data from the Prediction Game thread! :thumbsup:

Dance

[Pie Chart not clear, so just figures]

"Who will be the 2019 World Ice Dance Champions?" Unfortunately, there was no clear favorite in the Prediction Game. Nope. This one's up for grabs. Prediction results:

Stepanova/Bukin - 0.8%
Sinitsina/Katsalapov - 0.8%
Chock/Bates - 2.5%
Papadakis/Cizeron - 95.9%

Thank you so much to satine for having the foresight to think of doing this.

CaroLiza_fan

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Here we go with Ladies Results!

GOLD with 110 points: NYscorp06 and Roo87 :hb:

SILVER with 100 points: LanaD and taylor1:party2:

BRONZE with 90 points: Alexcdj, cabres, itofan, jenaj, leilaraj:dance:

Also, I want to mention Roo87 who was the one predicting Rika Kihira correctly on 4th and baymax24 & oatmella who predicted Elizabet Tursynbaeva correctly on 2nd place:cheer:. There were quite few people who predicted Evgenia on 3rd place and fewer more who placed Kaori correctly on 5th. In general, putting Alina on 1st and Japanese Ladies on off podium places gave the best results this time in predictions game.

I will try to add all scores to the spreadsheet today. If you will have any corrections, please PM me.

NNF:)

LanaD

Rinkside
I almost got it right! Alina and Elizabeta - you did it!

Ladies
1. Alina Zagitova
2. Rika Kihira
3. Elizabeta Tursynbaeva
4. Satoko Miyahara
5. Kaori Sakamoto
6. Sofia Samodurova
7. Eugenia Medvedeva​

Here we go with Ladies Results!

GOLD with 110 points: NYscorp06 and Roo87 :hb:

SILVER with 100 points: LanaD and taylor1:party2:

BRONZE with 90 points: Alexcdj, cabres, itofan, jenaj, leilaraj:dance:

Also, I want to mention Roo87 who was the one predicting Rika Kihira correctly on 4th and baymax24 & oatmella who predicted Elizabet Tursynbaeva correctly on 2nd place:cheer:. There were quite few people who predicted Evgenia on 3rd place and fewer more who placed Kaori correctly on 5th. In general, putting Alina on 1st and Japanese Ladies on off podium places gave the best results this time in predictions game.

I will try to add all scores to the spreadsheet today. If you will have any corrections, please PM me.

NNF:)

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Thank you so much to satine for having the foresight to think of doing this.

CaroLiza_fan

No problem, CaroLiza_fan. I'm just super into statistics so I thought others might find it interesting, too. Also, the reason there was no chart for ID was simply because GS wouldn't let me upload another image! :laugh: I reached a quota of some sort, apparently.

Congratulations to the medalists, especially those for the Ladies'! What a tough podium to predict :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
No problem, CaroLiza_fan. I'm just super into statistics so I thought others might find it interesting, too. Also, the reason there was no chart for ID was simply because GS wouldn't let me upload another image! :laugh: I reached a quota of some sort, apparently.

Congratulations to the medalists, especially those for the Ladies'! What a tough podium to predict :drama:

Oh. I knew the storage was relatively small, but I didn't realise that it could be used up in so few images. Wow! :eek:

I have to admit that I haven't tried uploading attachments yet, because of that very reason. I want to keep my storage empty in case I urgently need it some time.

But, I did find the charts extremely interesting. To the extent that I would like them to become a regular part of the Predictions Games next season. And if the new things that are being tested work out as envisaged, it should be a lot easier for those involved in runing the Predictions Games to generate charts in the future than it was for you doing it off your own bat.

So, thank you so much for coming up with the idea. :bow: :clap: :points:

CaroLiza_fan

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Apologies for the delay, but happy to announce....

MEN'S RESULTS

Gold with 120!Silver with 110!Bronze with 100!
jenaj
LanaD
BravesSkateFan
cake
Seven Sisters
cathlen
Sherlock Marple
SashaJuliaSpins
taylor1
skylark
norwegianfairytale
oatmella
figurefan0726
RoyThree
Skater Boy
MintGreen
anna gabriela
NYscorp6
desertskates
CaroLiza_fan
Winry
LaArdilla
Nathan13
elektra blue
Pocaguri
apgold
satine
SnowWhite
Yuzuruu
TheBallerina
leilaraj
Shakuhachi
MrECartman
ragdoll
Sk8rBoii
Alexcdj
Colonel Green
lutz
Sabine
itofan
Naaat
Hyena
LadyB

The rest of the results are on the spreadsheet. Please PM me if you have any questions about yours or someone else's score!

What a men's event. What a season. Top 4 most off-axis predictions for this event were: having Junhwan in your predictions, having Samarin at all, having Shoma too high and not having Vincent.

Thank you all for playing! It has been a pleasure scoring, even if I seem to have become less efficient at it as the season as gone on :drama:

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
Yay, my first gold!!! So funny that its in my least favorite discipline!! I was so close to a perfect prediction. Everyone was in the right order, I was just missing Vinceent. If I would have just slid him in between Hanyu and Uno I would have had it!

1. Nathan Chen
2. Yuzuru Hanyu
3. Shoma Uno
4. Boyang Jin
5. Mikhal Kolyada

Weathergal

Medalist
Dance Results

GOLD with 120 points: alyssamarie, cabres, ntnext, Shakuhachi, xibsuarz

SILVER with 110 points: Artemisa, baymax24, Becki, BravesSkateFan, CanadianSkaterGuy, casualfan, Colonel Green, GINO, itofan, jenaj, katymay, LanaD, Marius, Roast Toast, SashaJuliaSpins, Sherlock Marple, Sk8rBoii, Skater Boy, sunnystars

BRONZE with 100 points: 1904sk8, BaronVladimir, cake, CherylDee, DSQ, gonewiththewind25, Hyena, invisiblespiral, Jeanie19, Kittosuni, lutz, maria anna, moonkat, Naaat, noraaa, NYscorp6, Pandicorn, RoyThree, SnowWhite, SubRosa, taylor1, Yuzuruu

I apologize for the delay in posting – thank you everyone for your patience! :thank:

Congratulations to all the medalists! :yahoo:

Most players had Gabriella Papadakis / Guillaume Cizeron correct in first place; many people also had Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje correct in fifth place. The most common errors were having Madison Chock / Evan Bates on the podium and having Victoria Sinitsina / Nikita Katsalapov off the podium. Special mention to Kittosuni, who was the only person to have Sinitsina / Katsalapov correct in second place. :hap93:

Hope everyone enjoyed Worlds - hope to see you in the World Team Trophy predictions thread! :party:

I’ve added the scores to the spreadsheet. If you have any corrections, please PM me.