How often should I sharpen Coronation Ace? | Golden Skate

How often should I sharpen Coronation Ace?

Curlygirly81

On the Ice
I go really long in between sharpenings, definitely way more the 20-25 hours.. I'd say more like 50-60. It also depends on how sharp you like your blades and the technique of your sharpener.. There's no rule set in stone, go by feel..

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
There are really too many variables: your radius of hollow, the types of maneuvers you practice, how clean your ice is, how scrupulous you are about wearing guards off-ice, .... If you have a friendly skate tech, have him setup three blades for you to compare by touch: one freshly sharpened, one ready for sharpening, and one past due.

Bill S

Rinkside
Country
United-States
I agree with Curlygirly81. It does depend on how they feel to you, and how prone your skating style is to having edges slip.

I'm also someone who can go a long time between sharpenings. I'm probably in the 50-60 hour range too. For me the biggest change after sharpening is increased speed.

IsKAtEFaSt

Rinkside
I agree with Curlygirly81. It does depend on how they feel to you, and how prone your skating style is to having edges slip.

I'm also someone who can go a long time between sharpenings. I'm probably in the 50-60 hour range too. For me the biggest change after sharpening is increased speed.

A way to test if your blades need sharpening is scraping your fingernails with both edges of the blade and if the blade slides instead of scraping into your fingernails, you know it's time for a sharpening.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
That isn't always the most accurate way to tell. It depends on the person and their preference.

bunnybarista

If I risk it all, could you break my fall?~
On the Ice
I have Coro Aces and I get them sharpened every 40 hours. I start feeling slippage around 35+ hours. Could probably last 45-50 hours if need be, but I like to get them sharpened pretty often so that I don't have an extreme adjustment period when I have freshly sharpened blades. I like consistency.