Thread: Moved thread and endless sticky threads

Skating is Art, if you let it be Blades of Passion's Avatar

0 Not allowed!

Moved thread and endless sticky threads

I made a new thread about the current state of jump technique and it was moved to a general thread for the 2019 Mens Juniors. That is not where I wanted to put my post, otherwise I would have posted it there originally. My thread was made to discuss jump technique as a whole in the current state of skating, using that one competition as an example. Please move it back so the discussion can continue, rather than being buried in another thread.

But as for the other problem - why are there so many useless sticky threads on the forum now? It takes forever to scroll through just to get to the real threads. Why not just let threads run their course as usual, instead of having all these sticky ones that take up space? Things like "2019 Worlds: Ladies' Pregame Chat" are especially vague, almost making it seem like any talk about Ladies Skating should go in that one thread, which must not be the case, but seems to confuse the forum discussion as a whole.

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    I made a new thread about the current state of jump technique and it was moved to a general thread for the 2019 Mens Juniors. That is not where I wanted to put my post, otherwise I would have posted it there originally. My thread was made to discuss jump technique as a whole in the current state of skating, using that one competition as an example. Please move it back so the discussion can continue, rather than being buried in another thread.
    Then you should have used another title. Your subject read "2019 Junior Men's Worlds: A Horrific Display of Technique," which is why it was moved to the "Junior World's Men" thread. It was nearly removed altogether given the negative and unconstructive tone of the subject. As a reminder, the GS Staff can move/edit threads as it deems fit. Please see the guidelines.

But as for the other problem - why are there so many useless sticky threads on the forum now? It takes forever to scroll through just to get to the real threads. Why not just let threads run their course as usual, instead of having all these sticky ones that take up space? Things like "2019 Worlds: Ladies' Pregame Chat" are especially vague, almost making it seem like any talk about Ladies Skating should go in that one thread, which must not be the case, but seems to confuse the forum discussion as a whole.
    What you may deem useless may not be the case with others. Clearly, "2019 Worlds: Ladies' Pregame Chat" is meant for ladies that are participating at the 2019 World FS Championships.
    Last edited by gsk8; 03-13-2019 at 03:21 PM.