Thread: Tickets will go on sale May 2019

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!

Tickets will go on sale May 2019

I got an email saying tickets will go on sale in May.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaSI
    got an email saying tickets will go on sale in May.
    From Skate Canada? I didn't get one.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
    I got an email saying tickets will go on sale in May.
    When did you get it?

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    I Received the email from Skate Canada on March 14th, it said the following

TICKETINFORMATION
    Montreal is one of the world’s most vibrant cities, where fans can enjoy a citythat truly offers all the finest experiences. Buying a ticket and coming to thisexceptional event will offer fans an opportunity to experience the world’s best of everything!

Ticket information for thechampionships will be available on April 25, 2019 with a target on-sale date forall-event tickets taking place in May 2019.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    I just booked my hotel for Worlds for next year. I tried in Feb but the hotel I wanted didn't accept reservations for next year until 1 year out. I tried a couple of websites looking for rates and the ones I tried were open to be booked.

0 Not allowed!
    Wow. Isn't this a little far in advance?

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    I just booked my hotel as well. If you don't book one year in advance you won't likely get a room in the downtown area ( walking distance) to the arena. Also Skate Canada? would have already blocked rooms in the official hotels for the event so those hotels would likely have little if any space available. Does anyone know which hotels are the official hotels?

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I've also booked an apartment on walking distant from the Bell Centre. And yes, you have to book it at least one year before the event. If I see some apartments and hotels on booking.com, most of them are gone now or much more expensive. And I'm glad it's on walking distance. In Milano, last year, we had a perfect apartment, but so far away from the Mediolanum Forum. By tram and metro was terrible there. It took us almost one and a half hour to get there and then, when you're tired at night, you have to go all the way back. The last two days we took a (way too expensive) taxi, but that was much more relaxed. So now it's heaven that we're just one km. from the Bell Centre! I've walked the route several times now on Streetview.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate4fn View Post
    I just booked my hotel as well. If you don't book one year in advance you won't likely get a room in the downtown area ( walking distance) to the arena. Also Skate Canada? would have already blocked rooms in the official hotels for the event so those hotels would likely have little if any space available. Does anyone know which hotels are the official hotels?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsaybia View Post
    I've also booked an apartment on walking distant from the Bell Centre. And yes, you have to book it at least one year before the event.
    Wow, I am surprised! I have never been to Worlds or Canada, but I've tried booking hotels in advance several times in Eastern and Southern US and it seems like most places won't take reservations that far in advance. I better be making a reservation soon then

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    I just contacted one hotel within walking distance of the Bell Centre and they said their rates/booking capabilities for the week of Worlds won't be available for another week or so.

1 Not allowed!
    Just booked my hotel just in case

I'm cool with a 15 minute walk to and from

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Oh yes, a 15 minute walk is heaven! Let's hope most of the road work is ready comparing to right now!! I can't imagine how it would be if you have to drive there by car!

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, can't even book an airbnb until until I can figure out why my pal has gone all screwy. Have to male sure I book somewhere that doesn't require credit card, unless I go with my mom who will take some convincing due to the unnecessary costs. Though I have a twin with a credit card so they'd probably never know. BUT she's never been to a gymnastics or skating comp in her life and she loves both(neither have I but I only got into it a few years ago not 40 years ago) and I hardly has the money to be travelling to Italy, China, Japan, Scotland ect. I chose not to go to the 2017 Artistic Gymnastics Worlds, also in Montreal(a 4 hour train ride I think). So I don't want to miss it this time. I read the dates were 16 to 22, which dates are the main events, say Thursday through Saturday(I can live without the gala) based on previous knowledge how many events could I realistically see, just in case I can't get tickets for all events?

Spectator

1 Not allowed!
    So excited! Just booked a little AirBnB apartment for the week of Worlds. Planning to surprise our skater daughter with what will likely be our first and only chance in many years to see a competition live!

Does anyone know how difficult it might be to get single-event tickets if we choose not to get all-event passes when ticket sales first go live? Hoping to not break the bank, but also don't want to risk being stuck with terrible seats. How much longer is the wait for single-event tickets to go on sale, generally?

2 Not allowed!
    Booked Marriott Residence Inn Downtown on Peel St. Stayed there last year during Sk Can, and it was really nice. Good buffet breakfast included. Rooms are mini-apartments and have a complete kitchen.