2019 Junior World Synchro | Golden Skate

2019 Junior World Synchro

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Team Dream Edges Finland was really good living up to its name :clap: Random draw obviously, 75.71 points already.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Team Dream Edges Finland was really good living up to its name :clap: Random draw obviously, 75.71 points already.

or not... three from the last group are in top:

Crystal Ice RUS 79.44
Junost RUS 76.46
Skyliners USA 75.79

Dream Edges is still close though, in fourth.

Violetti

On the Ice

The draw group was based on the results in the ISU world ranking during last 3 years, international competitions. Dream Edges skates only once in the season in an international competition (other than JWS) and the last year was their first in Junior world synchro. So they are 15th in the ISU world ranking. Usually Finnish teams are from Helsinki but this team is from Kaarina, near Turku. One of their coaches skated in Rockettes (also won once synchro worlds). Dream Edges is the Finnish junior champion 2019 and was 2018, too.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Lots to enjoy in the short programs. Cool team names and nice to see many boys in synchro. Funny how the boys look so young compared to their heavy made up female teammates.

Innovative and fun performances, also from the low scoring teams. For example TEAM ILLUMINETTES, Netherlands, with 8 ’boys’ in their first worlds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iGRSW3rXlI&t=140m25s

GO all today!

The Free Skate starts in fifteen minutes.

Start Order

Live Stream

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I like Team AUS's commitment to the Irish dance aesthetic (and the neat way they found to echo actual Irish dancing with some of their footwork), but what the blue blazes were those horribly jumpy music cuts?

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Team Icicles Junior GBR Free Skate

They finished 17th and are skating to "The Greatest Showman".

https://youtu.be/P5KU2Pfvq8E

They are from Nottingham which will host next year's Championships.

British fans may recognize Ellie O'Connell who used to be an Ice Dancer. Her former partner Joshua Tarry is now skating for Canada.