Rhythm Dance 19/20 - Finnstep music suggestions? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Rhythm Dance 19/20 - Finnstep music suggestions?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Not sure if this Chock and Bates' interview confirms the rumours that there will be a Senior pattern now and that it will be the Finnstep BUT if it does, what would be good music choices that are also broadway/operetta? ...

Finnstep is discussed also by Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen in an interview published today (and conducted on Feb 25). Excerpt:

What do you think about the choice next year to not have a set pattern for the RD?

LFB: What we heard at 4CC is actually that half of the pattern will likely be a Finnstep, and apparently that’s what they said at Europeans too. They had said they might remove the compulsory dances, but 90% of the figure skating community and coaches didn’t like it. They said we need pattern dances, so they try to implement back the Finnstep, but it’s only half a pattern so it’s not going to take much time, and then we would continue with our own style, and create our own partial step sequence.

NS: We are very excited about that. We love pattern dances and compulsory dances. I love the work, and also because I think we are good at it. I know a lot of skaters would rather not do it, but I remember the first year we skated together we had the Finnstep. It was really fun. It’s very difficult, but you’ll quickly see who’s good and who’s bad. The problem when everyone does a different pattern is that everyone can do what they are good at that and it’s also hard to compare.

https://www.ice-dance.com/site/fournier-beaudry-sorensen-forge-a-new-path/ (Mar 17)​

Lotsa other good stuff in the interview too. For example, among other topics: deciding to change federations; his citizenship timeline; her talent for cutting together their music.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Let's hope they pick something like 'We Go Together' rather than yet another round of 'You're the One that I Want'!

If I remember correctly (Cause I did Grease 9 years ago in high school for our school's musical), the latter one isn't in the original stage production, yes?

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
If I remember correctly (Cause I did Grease 9 years ago in high school for our school's musical), the latter one isn't in the original stage production, yes?

It isn't in the original stage production, but they have put it in some of the revivals.