Shcherbakova's Interview | Golden Skate

Shcherbakova's Interview

moriel

Record Breaker
Shcherbakova's interview
from here: https://ru.hellomagazine.com/deti/3...tki-ot-pervogo-litca.html?section=7&section=3
translated by me

"I try not to spend the prize money, but save for the future. My parents agree with this decision and support me very much".

"My grandfather teaches physics in university, my mom and dad graduated from Moscow State University. We had no professional athletes. Initially, my oldest sister wanted to do figure skating, and I went to train after her".

"Before competition, I listen to music: Sia, Ariana Grande, Selena Gomez. It helps me to distract".

"First, I had troubles with hard elements, and we decided to switch to Eteri Georgievna Tutberidze. In a year or so I started jumping, also lutzes: first triples, then quads".

"Every person of my age has many possibilities to express themselves, have freedom to choose. If you are really talented in something, people will notice you. Now its like this, many people aim for development, regardless of age, and each has a chance to show themselves".

"I have two sisters, older and younger, I love spending time with them, and also with our pets, dog Boni and cat Shipa. I love to travel, and after I started to compete on international level, there are more opportunities for it. I remember Japan, specifically. I really wanted to go there, because figure skating is very popular among japanese".

"I am inspired by the japanese figure skater Mao Asada. She already finished her career, but I re-watch her performances with pleasure, and admire her ability to combine feminine movements with complex elements. Among men, I like Nathan Chen - for jumps and skating, and also cheer for Boyang Jin".

"I try to think only about today, put out the maximum right now: work at the rink, find time to study, spend time with family. Lets see where it takes me but I, as any other athlete, dream of competing at the Olympics".

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nice Mao Asada reference Anna....I’m with ya there ;)

Thanks for posting this fun read...gotta love these kids :agree:

Seruleane

Final Flight
Anna sounds like a very lovely, bright young person. I also love (and wasn't surprised) that she draws inspiration from Mao Asada. I can see the similarities in their skating/artistry. Hope she will have a long career in skating.

thegreendestiny

On the Ice
I wouldn't be surprised with her fascination for Mao. Her LP outfit this season is almost like an homage to Mao herself.