Cain and Leduc featured by NBC Sports in lead-up to Worlds | Golden Skate

Cain and Leduc featured by NBC Sports in lead-up to Worlds

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2019...mothy-leduc-ready-to-take-on-worlds-pressure/

This article appeared just 3 days ago, on March 15, but the interview took place the day after their Nationals victory.

And in your own partnership, it seems like you always speak very highly and thoughtfully of each other.

LeDuc: This is only our third season together but we’ve really… I think that’s why we’ve come together and progressed so quickly is because we have that synergy right from the start. You can’t really force that. It just worked. It was like chemistry really aligned. When you put mutual respect at the center of your partnership, it allows you to deal with things that come toward you.

Cain: We think of each other as equal units as well, equal energies. That’s what we try to bring to our programs and to every performance. I think yesterday [during the free skate at the U.S. Championships], that’s what carried us through that performance. That we counted on each other to bring the equal amount of energy. I remember thinking at the beginning of our program, ‘Our energies are going to come together at this program.’ That’s how we like to think about ourselves.

LeDuc: I knew whatever energy I would give, she would give back. It’s like a positive feedback.

That’s pretty zen.

LeDuc: It was pretty zen yesterday.