Worlds: Pairs SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Worlds: Pairs SP

P44

On the Ice
The best moment of this competition was the information on jumps thrown during slow motion. It's really interesting and quite impressive to see that some are thrown up to 6m. :eeking:

Regarding the different performances I am a little disappointed for James / Cipres. There was apparently a collision for Vanessa during the warm-up but I do not know how much it influenced the rest. And Morgan made a mistake too. It proves that we can never really predict what will happen at a competition.
Unfortunately I think a gold medal will be unachievable for them but I still have high hopes for a place on the podium.

Tarasova / Morozov earned this first place, the technical elements were of excellent quality.

Regarding Sui / Han I did not expect such a performance for these championships, especially since Wenjing was apparently injured but I am very happy for them.

And finally, I am very very happy for Cheng Peng and Yang Jin, they have had an incredible saison and I hope they will be on the podium tomorrow.

VenusHalley

Final Flight
Well, Vanessa stated she had a headache during the skate and felt tired. Hopefully that is nothing serious, but I am worried now.

This is so heartbreaking. I wanted them to win, not get injured.

Bcash

Final Flight
T/M skated their best ever, and S/H were out of sync on the SBS jump, so I have no problem with T/M being in first. However, that T/M received straight +5 on their throw whereas S/H didn't, along with the gap in PCS, is questionable. The difference between the teams in total points should have been smaller.

T/M’s SBS 3T were definitely NOT in sync, and their Throw also had a slightly labored landing than Sui/Han’s which was absolute mastery.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
T/M’s SBS 3T were definitely NOT in sync, and their Throw also had a slightly labored landing than Sui/Han’s which was absolute mastery.

Yea I was quite surprise to see the GOE +2.50 on the live score board (aka +5 across the board) right after the Throw Loop. They did it smoother at the Olympics.

Maybe someone who speaks Russian can confirm from the video, but apparently TAT was ranting about the S/H's GOE on the Throw Flip during the replays. She said something like "if that's +4 GOE what do you need to do to get +5?!" :laugh: