Worlds: Ladies SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Worlds: Ladies SP

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I have been reading a lot about unfair PCS, or „Eteri inflation“ and while the PCS often seem unfair, I think that people forget that they reflect the composition, the transitions and the SS as well, not just the performance and the music interpretation. So, I don‘t think that Eteri needs to bribe or bully the judges, because her team does a great job composition wise. Alina‘s program is far more difficult than any other program without ultra elements (3A or quad). There is tons of one-foot skating, interesting and difficult transitions and choreo, etc. Tursynbaeva‘s program is also much better than in tbe past, hence, the higher PCSs. (Check Lilbet‘s Axel entry, for example). Often people say they hate the POTO music cuts or the program and that‘s ok, people have different tastes. But we have to acknowledge the difficulty, the boldness and the innovativeness in Eteri’s programs and how they are built to be the right vehicle for the specific skater.

Eteri programs do not have good composition and are not innovative. One-foot skating is not great choreography, in and of itself. Difficult transitions are not great choreography, in and of themself. Great choreography is something that creates a meaningful visual with body language and carries the concept throughout a program. Eteri programs are constructed in such a way as to continually underline and italicize the technical elements and transitions, not the movement itself being meaningful. Her artistic sensibility is pedestrian and superficial, she is a charlatan.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Eteri programs do not have good composition and are not innovative. One-foot skating is not great choreography, in and of itself. Difficult transitions are not great choreography, in and of themself. Great choreography is something that creates a meaningful visual with body language and carries the concept throughout a program. Eteri programs are constructed in such a way as to continually underline and italicize the technical elements and transitions, not the movement itself being meaningful. Her artistic sensibility is pedestrian and superficial, she is a charlatan.

You have no idea how much I appreciate your hilarious bluntness, BoP :laugh2: