Lim files complaint against Bell: bullying, interference | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Lim files complaint against Bell: bullying, interference

Roast Toast

Medalist
I mean, the Korean media has a history of being... a bit clickbaity with reporting on warm-up accidents, so I'm taking this news with a grain of salt, but some of the other things they report on are concerning. Them being separated in training should be independently verifiable. Hopefully we will get a statement from Raf/the rink after the competition. What a messy situation, I hope Eunsoo is not too shaken.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Adam posted this on Twitter:

@Adaripp
2m2 minutes ago
More
Replying to @lynnneposts
This article is click bait. I’ve been to the rink multiple times and NO ONE has been bullying anyone. Stop creating sh** and spreading rumors. What happened in the warm up was an accident. Don’t distract both Eunsoo and Mariah from the competition.

I just saw this and I'll still wait for official statements from the involved parties. As someone mentioned on the replies, there's no way of Adam knowing what happens when he's not at the rink. I doubt he's with Mariah or Eunsoo a lot, he seems pretty busy with other things, judging from his social media. So I will take this with a grain of salt as I'm taking everything else.

Ykai

On the Ice
Who is this lynnneposts on twitter?

It is possible that the two girls don't get along with each other (even this part can be rumor), but physical assault at worlds??!! It would be so stupid for Mariah to even attempt this kind of action. The camera footage should be reviewed carefully before anything.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Yeah...I'm not buying it. Mariah's not so stupid as to do something like that at Worlds, or even in general. Obviously if there is foul play though, there should be consequences, but I highly doubt anything of the sort.

Regardless, what an annoying distraction... at least it didn't affect Eunsoo and Mariah from delivering fantastic SPs.

believed

On the Ice
Re: everyone saying they find it hard to believe because why didn’t Raf do anything about it earlier — I took the separate locker rooms and practice sessions (if true) as their solution to the bullying, which did not work

sk8ath

On the Ice
I mean, the Korean media has a history of being... a bit clickbaity with reporting on warm-up accidents, so I'm taking this news with a grain of salt, but some of the other things they report on are concerning. Them being separated in training should be independently verifiable. Hopefully we will get a statement from Raf/the rink after the competition.
Yes they tend to exaggerate something in order to benefit from the.

Danny T

Medalist
I will not comment on the actual issue for now, but I think Adam is out of line for attacking the translator.

"Creating sht and spreading rumors"? The translator quoted several articles, not just one, and some of those articles are from reputable publication sources in Korea (that even I know of) such as Yonhaps News, Daum, etc. She didn't just pull those information from tabloids. He can have whatever opinion on the content he wants, but the translator did nothing wrong.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Yeah...I'm not buying it. Mariah's not so stupid as to do something like that at Worlds, or even in general. Obviously if there is foul play though, there should be consequences, but I highly doubt anything of the sort.

Regardless, what an annoying distraction... at least it didn't affect Eunsoo and Mariah from delivering fantastic SPs.

I hope Raf applies the "no phone" policy during competitions. People are coming for Mariah on Instagram, it's ridiculous. :palmf:

oly2018

Final Flight
The thing is, two people not getting along and choosing to separate themselves from each other is one thing, bullying is another. The agent lost me when they decided this whole alleged incident is because of racism. I hope everyone comes out and clarifies what is going on. Preferably, Raf. I don't exactly trust KSU or USFS.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
I really don’t think Mariah would injure Eunsoo on purpose in front of cameras. Maybe there’s something else going on, but one would have to be extremely angry to risk destroying ones own reputation just to injure someone.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
I kinda doubt Raf will be clarifying anything that soon. He is preoccupied with mens SP right now.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Korean media definitely has been known to exaggerate practice accidents in the past, but what's striking is that the skater's agency never filed an official complaint like this before. Like others have said, the most notable thing is the allegations of issues back in California. I hope they investigate thoroughly; it's too soon to make a judgement call either way.

evasorange

Final Flight
Ahh ok thanks for clarifying! Even then though aren’t there a lot of cameras around? Surely someone somewhere has footage of this. And thinking more about it, maybe it’s true that they don’t get along. But what a 15 year old interpreters as “bullying” might not be something that would even stick with an adult. Not trying to call her a liar or anything, it’s just that all through out her career we’ve heard zero rumors of Mariah being rude, or hard to train with. She’s never even had an euphemism attached to her name like “diva” or “headstrong” It’s just so hard to believe EDIT that’s supposed to be in response to PEARLY who quoted me

MalAssada

Medalist
I'm anxiously waiting for clarification. While I think Mariah would never be so stupid as to purposely injury someone at Worlds, Eunsoo has nothing to gain and everything to lose if she's lying. As it is, one of them will probably leave Raf already, I can't imagine sharing the same rink daily after the complaint.

For now, I'm inclined to believe what someone else wrote: maybe there was bullying happening, and the accident during practice was just the final drop.

Roast Toast

Medalist
Korean media definitely has been known to exaggerate practice accidents in the past, but what's striking is that the skater's agency never filed an official complaint like this before.

This is a very good point. I don't think they would file without evidence. What a mess.

Plisskin

Medalist
Another Tweet from Adam:

@Adaripp
8m8 minutes ago
More
This also isn’t a comment directed towards you @lynnneposts - towards to people writing the article. Mariah and Eunsoo are competitive and train all the time together at home. Bullying is something Rafael would never tolerate.

icybear

Medalist
Maybe she's jealous Eunsoo is now the number one student of their coach. This must have been building up from previous conflicts or else they would have waited till after the competition. Then again Korean media can be crazy and twist things into a narrative like during when Yuna was competitive. But if the constant bullying is true then this possibly was intentional. Honestly this is a mess. Eunsoo is now caught up in this conflict when she could be focusing on the fs and Mariah now has dozens of angry korean fans on her instagram posts

readernick

Medalist
Obviously, I don’t know the truth of this situation. Mariah does not seem like the type of girl who would bully others. And, I can’t imagine a skater injurying another on purpose in front of the cameras.However, what would Eunsoo gain by making this up? It is possible the girls don’t get along. That does not necessarily equal bullying. Strange incident. Best to withhold judgment until more details and evidence emerge.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Hoping none of this is true, but I’m not sure we can rule it out as impossible simply because it would be an incredibly stupid thing to do.