Lim files complaint against Bell: bullying, interference | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Lim files complaint against Bell: bullying, interference

TunaKeem

Rinkside
I wish Adam would stay out of it. He does not need to be involved in this before even the relevant parties address the matter. Him knowing Raf and Mariah personally and training with them does not make him a beacon of truth in this matter. Yes this could be a clickbait hoax but he is not the one to decide if it is or isn't.

discode

Final Flight
Not getting along is one thing, but bullying is a whole other thing.

But there are way too many eyes at worlds for Mariah to intentionally try to harm Eunsoo in full view of the Japanese media, all the coaches (including her own), fans in the stands...on top of risking injuring herself just to randomly harm someone else? It's not realistic. They seem upset she didn't bother to apologize for the incident though.

If this is an ongoing issue with the two of them, it reflects really poorly on Mariah as the adult and it can be pretty easily verified as well. I'll wait for a statement, but I hope this is overblown.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Adam needs to stop commenting, wait, and let the evidence do the talking. He's obviously not there all the time, or heck, even most of the time. It's not even certain Raf knew there was actual bullying(if the allegations are true, of course) - he may have thought they just didn't mesh personality-wise. For all we know Eunsoo could've been keeping the issues quiet and this practice incident was the breaking point.

Sjs5572

Final Flight
One winner in all of this is NBC. They can tease a 'Tonya 2.0" among two skaters in the final group!

icybear

Medalist
Rippon need to stay out of this. He has no rights to firmly deny this happening. Bullying almost never happens blatantly in front of other people.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Korean media definitely has been known to exaggerate practice accidents in the past, but what's striking is that the skater's agency never filed an official complaint like this before. Like others have said, the most notable thing is the allegations of issues back in California. I hope they investigate thoroughly; it's too soon to make a judgement call either way.

Also, if the articles are true and the agency really spoke out, I doubt they did it for nothing. Let's all be reminded ATS is a serious agency, it was founded by Yuna Kim, the Queen herself, and her mother. If they do this whole drama and in the end it's all untrue or just a misunderstanding, that would look really bad for such a big and important agency in Korea, and would perhaps even stain Yuna's name, so to speak. They've never done this before so if they did it now, something must have happened. What exactly, we have to wait and see.

OniBan

Final Flight
I think there should be a request of an investigation into the issue, when there's such a serious charge. Bullying is a serious matter, and a clear message must be sent that it is not condoned.

I also think, releasing such info publicly to the ever bloodthirsty media, doesn't help the situation one bit - all it does it rile the public, make parties involved open to endless and futile speculations, and turn people into pitchfork-wielding witch-hunters.
I'm pretty sure a formal request of investigation can be made without involving the public so everyone who are actually implicated in the matter can have a fair say.

But judging from the hate comments littering Mariah's IG, it's probably too late for all that now.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Adam agreeing with someone that he is being bullied for his "comment" on the translator:

https://twitter.com/Adaripp/status/1108396102951157760

Real good look there, buddy.

I can understand getting emotional and defensive over someone you personally know, but this...ugh. Also, all the comments replying to him are simply criticizing his choice to pass judgement on the situation before any investigation. Bullying him? Spare me.

icybear

Medalist
One winner in all of this is NBC. They can tease a 'Tonya 2.0" among two skaters in the final group!

Not sure about that. This is Korean skater vs one of their own skater. Doubt they would blow up a segment that would make their own skater look bad against a foreign skater

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
wow. I wish this had been made public after the FS, though! All this achieves is throwing both girls off, Mariah especially as she's the accused one. I hope she immediately leaves social media until the whole event is over, whether or not the allegation is true.

oly2018

Final Flight
So which body governs the investigation of these allegations?

I would assume the ISU. Neither federation has jurisdiction over the other, I can't think of anyone else. When they are saying they filed a complaint, I wonder with whom? Do they means they just contacted USFS or is there a formal process for this?

rikaquegira

On the Ice
So which body governs the investigation of these allegations?

From what I read, ATS has urged KSU to file a formal complaint towards USFS for them to take action against Mariah Bell.
That's what I understand but I'm not sure how this works.

From the translation on twitter (@lynnneposts):

eunsoo's management company has asked KSU to file a complaint about Mariah Bell’s intentions. “this incident isn’t something minor that can be seen in official practice.”

eunsoo's managent company has reported the incident to KSU, and asked them to file a complaint with the usfsa.

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
Hey folks,

This thread has moved to gossip, assumptions and comments eluding to racism. Not cool!

While we understand some may want to discuss this, there is only one side coming from the management group. Until there is official news from the respective skating federations, ISU, or official statements from the skaters, this thread will be closed.

Let the skaters focus on their programs and enjoy the rest of the event!