Worlds: Rhythm Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Worlds: Rhythm Dance

StephenGfan

Final Flight
Overscored how? In the absolute sense that no one should score close to perfection? Maybe that's true. Perhaps they should reset things and lower everyone's score.

Overscored relative to the skating of others? How so? What are P/C getting rewarded for that other teams do better? I'm asking for examples because I honestly do not see it. There are lots of scoring shenanigans but P/C being #1 and beating teams handily is not one of them.

All of the skating commentators say after watching P/C they're in a league of their own. I can see it and so do many others.

so do many others on.... this forum. if you go actually go on figure skating fan twitter and tumblr opinions were mostly what keasus was expressing. most people find P/C overrated and overscored on those sites. And i can think of a handfull of commentators that have expressed displeasure at P/C's scoring. i don't know who you are watching or listening to because its the exact opposite outside of goldenskate. you would get quite a rude awakening if you ventured onto those sites.

I just watched it on the little big screen. How can Chock :love: and Bates not be in second place?

peepsquick

Final Flight
so do many others on.... this forum. if you go actually go on figure skating fan twitter and tumblr opinions were mostly what keasus was expressing. most people find P/C overrated and overscored on those sites. And i can think of a handfull of commentators that have expressed displeasure at P/C's scoring. i don't know who you are watching or listening to because its the exact opposite outside of goldenskate. you would get quite a rude awakening if you ventured onto those sites.

Well apart from die hard fans of other teams and the" lovely" guy who comments with Bobrova, I must say like @GGFan that I don't quite know what you are talking about.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just watched it on the little big screen. How can Chock :love: and Bates not be in second place?

I loved them too. I thought their performance quality was the best. Of all the skates, this one and P/C are the ones I'll watch again and again.

- - - Updated - - -

Well apart from die hard fans of other teams and the" lovely" guy who comments with Bobrova, I must say like @GGFan that I don't quite know what you are talking about.

I'm with you and GGFan.

Roast Toast

Medalist

Aaah yes, skating twitter... How we must miss such scintillating humor and informed commentary here on our poor little forums

sunn1ly

On the Ice
About Chock and Bates I am citing ' They may have won the 4CC but here at worlds there are enough EU judges that have different opinion.'

As a VM fan I was always answering why PC are that good. And I see it - it's in the details in the unison, in every finishing move, in the perfectionists they are , even the way they look together, the way they are floating on the ice and the biggest compliment is that everyone was trying to move in the direction where their dances are. They may not be from RU and north America , but everybody agrees that they are good. Zhulin said he tried S/K to look like the French, but they are not. And I applaud Chock and Bates and Stepanova and Bukin for having their own different style. Ice dance is politics after all so the placement at worlds are one of the least fair. And rarely you can see teams from one country on the whole podium or from one coach.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
At four continents it was a pretty even split between European judges and others.