Dream Coaching Changes That Will Never Happen | Golden Skate

Dream Coaching Changes That Will Never Happen

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Inspired by the dream programs wishlist, but more of a "what if", dream coaching chances that unlikely are going to happen.

Here's mine:

1. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva coached by Ravi Walia. Obviously not going to happen considering Elizaveta worked with Mishin for so many successful years, but i look at her programs, the way she engages the audience, i'd love to see her working with someone who actually care about making not just great skaters but also great performers, and could work on her skating skills and Ravi Walia has done an excellent job with Kaetlyn Osmond on that. - choreographer Lance Vipond.

2. Jason Brown coached by Mie Hamada. Again very unlikely we'll ever see this (especially now that Jason is doing so well with Brian), but I'd love to see Mie Hamada's fine sophisticated packaging applied to Jason Brown and see the result, i think we would see more incredible programs like that Nyman's FS he had few season ago. - choreographer Tom Dickson

3. Boyang Jin coached by Eteri Tutberidze. Part of it is me curious to see Eteri working with asian skaters, but also more with male skaters, and i've to say this move could hypotetically improve Boyang's consistency and add more crazy transitions (imagine a cantilever into his 4ltz) - choreographers Eteri Tutberidze and Daniil Gleichengauz.

StephenGfan

Final Flight
Inspired by the dream programs wishlist, but more of a "what if", dream coaching chances that unlikely are going to happen.

Here's mine:

1. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva trained by Ravi Walia. Obviously not going to happen considering Elizaveta worked with Mishin for so many successful years, but i look at her programs, the way she engages the audience, i'd love to see her working with someone who actually care about making not just great skaters but also great performers, and could work on her skating skills and Ravi Walia has done an excellent job with Kaetlyn Osmond on that.

2. Jason Brown coached by Mie Hamada. Again very unlikely we'll ever see this (especially now that Jason is doing so well with Brian), but I'd love to see Mie Hamada's fine sophisticated packaging applied to Jason Brown and see what's the result, i think we would see more incredible programs like that Nyman's FS he had few season ago.

3. Boyang Jin coached by Eteri Tutberidze. Part of it is me curious to see Eteri working with asian skaters, but also more with male skaters, and i've to say this move could hypotetically improve Boyang's consistency and add more crazy transitions (imagine a cantilever into his 4ltz)

oh dear god no why would you do that to boyang? :laugh2:

StephenGfan

Final Flight
-Not coaching but i would love to see alena kostornaia go to lori nichol or shae lynn bourne for choreo :love:
- Eunsoo to brian
- marin back to hamada
- No one to tom z bleck.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I'd like to see Eteri with more boys and mens but guess the girls and ladies is where her talents are.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
[/B]

oh dear god no why would you do that to boyang? :laugh2:

Haha maybe that's the fan side of me that would want to fix his inconsistency somehow, he's always like go big or go home, but obviously these are just unrealistic hypothesis.

As for Eteri idk, maybe she just needs more talented boys,

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'd like to see Eteri with more boys and mens but guess the girls and ladies is where her talents are.

This. coaching boys/mens is not her strength.

As for Eteri idk, maybe she just needs more talented boys,

Sergey Voronov didn't do too badly when he was being coached by her from 2013 to 2016. Here are some of the highlights:

• 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] in 2013 Russian Championships
  • 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] in 2014 European Championships
  • 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] in 2014 Cup Of Russia
  • 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] in 2014 NHK Trophy
  • 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] in 2014 Grand Prix Final
  • 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] in 2014 Russian Championships
  • 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] in 2015 European Championships

And podium finisher in 6 Senior B's, including 3 wins.

In fact, apart from the 2013 NHK Trophy, and the 2014 World Championships, he was never outside the Top 6 in any of the competitions he competed in during these seasons.

Admittedly, Voronov was already an established name when he came to work with her. But, you get my point. She has had success coaching guys.

CaroLiza_fan

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Wakaba to Brian Orser. Last season everyone thought she would go to him and then it didn't happen.
I think her current coaching team just does not bring out all the potential she has.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Not even joking, I'd love if Nathan spent a summer or two with Team Hamada :love: Feel like she could give him that extra touch of refinement and clean artistic movement :pray:

theharleyquinn

Medalist
Nathan to Marie-France full-time with supplemental Skype sessions with Raf. :laugh: I like her work with him much more than any of her ice dance teams.

Wakaba to Orser (but really mostly Gheslain). Maybe David Wilson would actually produce something inspired with her.

Ting to Mie Hamada.

Kaori to Mihoko Higuchi.

Mikhail to Raf, which should've happened years ago.

Oreo

On the Ice
Donovan Carrillo to a professional training facility. I'm sure his coach is a nice guy, but I think he's gone as far as he can with him.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Donovan Carrillo to a professional training facility. I'm sure his coach is a nice guy, but I think he's gone as far as he can with him.

For a lot of the lower-ranking and not-quite-there skaters I seriously wonder what you could do if you just cut them a $100,000 annual check for like 4 years and see where it took them. Aiza Mambekova '22 Champion...?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

My little fantasy is to see Donovan with John Zimmerman and Silvia Fontana.

They are in Florida, which is closer to Mexico than a lot of other training facilities. Donovan has actually trained(very briefly, for a week or so at a time) in Miami. I have been watching Kevin Aymoz for two to three years now, and they have done wonders for him, witness this breakout year where everyone now loves Kevin.

And can you imagine Donovan and Kevin on the same practice ice:biggrin:

Amei

Record Breaker
-Not coaching but i would love to see alena kostornaia go to lori nichol or shae lynn bourne for choreo :love:

Add Alina Zagitova to the list of needing to go to someone else for choreography; Daniil's programs for her this year were a sloppy mess of .5 second moves....I understand those programs just won Worlds but that doesn't mean that I have to like them or think they are good

lyrichord

Rinkside
I want:

Vincent to Orser to get those skating skills up and refine his jump technique, but I’m happy enough that he is consulting with Hamada and trying to improve his basics.

Mikhail to RA to help with his jump consistency.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
All the Russian men to Plushy for an intensive course on holding your nerve at all times - Mikhail especially would have it going on if he could put out two excellent programs in one competition!

T/M along with Maxim Trankov (I like him) to Moskvina, I don't see what's so wrong with T/M, but others do, perhaps Moskvina could help everyone appreciate them more :)