Dream Coaching Changes That Will Never Happen | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Dream Coaching Changes That Will Never Happen

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Cain and LeDuc to Irina Rodnina.

Edit: In Russia. Not in USA. Totally isolated from all domestic distractions.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Cain and LeDuc to Irina Rodnina.

Edit: In Russia. Not in USA. Totally isolated from all domestic distractions.

I know these are just wild fantasies, but since Ashley will be getting married in June, I’m pretty sure she’d like to keep at least some domestic distractions and stay in the US. :biggrin:

(She also had a really cute story about her parents trying to get her to train with someone else when she was a little girl and she just refused. Always been strong willed;) )

Fruitpie

On the Ice
Nastya Gubanova to Orser.
Kolyada to Raf.
Zhenya M. to Morozov (yeah-yeah, I know, very unpopular opinion , but we talk about something that will never happen, and in my opinion Morozov is the only choreographer who would make Zhenya shine like no other, Wilson, Ge, Aver, they just copy their old programms).

nips

Rinkside
Turn back the clock and send Alina to Mishin.

Years ago, before she went to Eter, she actually auditioned for Mishin but he didn´t take her into his team. It will be interesting to compare Alina´s career under Mishin and under Eteri. Who know, maybe she would still win the Olympic gold, but with tripple axel instead of backloaded 3lz3Lo:)

ana

On the Ice
Maxim Kovtun to Ravi Walia or Stephane Lambiel.
Evgenia Medvedeva to Lori Nichol or Pasquale Camerlenga for choregraphy.
Lori Nichol's programme made for Carolina Kostner are masterpice. I would like to see more programmes choregraphed by Lori Nichol.

LadyB

Record Breaker
In fact, apart from the 2013 NHK Trophy, and the 2014 World Championships, he was never outside the Top 6 in any of the competitions he competed in during these seasons.

Admittedly, Voronov was already an established name when he came to work with her. But, you get my point. She has had success coaching guys.

CaroLiza_fan

Moris Kvitelashvili should get the attention he deserves, as he has shown over the past season that there is some talent that needs to be harnessed. And I'll keep my fingers firmly crossed that she won't lose momentum with Samsonov, Kolesnikov, Lukin and Fedotov. :pray:

For this thread:
All Russian boys either to Rafa or Brian! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Moris Kvitelashvili should get the attention he deserves, as he has shown over the past season that there is some talent that needs to be harnessed. And I'll keep my fingers firmly crossed that she won't lose momentum with Samsonov, Kolesnikov, Lukin and Fedotov. :pray:

Too right about Moris! He has always been promising, but he is quickly becoming one of the top skaters.

I didn't use him as an example as he isn't a podium regular at the biggest events just yet. But, he will be very soon. The silver at the Cup Of Russia is just the beginning. :agree: :biggrin:

Oh, and during the Men's FS, elktra blue also brought up Adian Pitkeev as another example, who I am ashamed to admit that I had actually forgotten about. :eek::

CaroLiza_fan

LadyB

Record Breaker
Too right about Moris! He has always been promising, but he is quickly becoming one of the top skaters.

I didn't use him as an example as he isn't a podium regular at the biggest events just yet. But, he will be very soon. The silver at the Cup Of Russia is just the beginning. :agree: :biggrin:

Oh, and during the Men's FS, elktra blue also brought up Adian Pitkeev as another example, who I am ashamed to admit that I had actually forgotten about. :eek::

CaroLiza_fan

Me too! :palmf:

doublequad

On the Ice
Gracie Gold to Orser
Adelina Sotnikova (pre-Sochi) to Mishin
Mikhail Kolyada to Raf
Mirai Nagasu to Mie Hamada
Keegan Messing to Tom Z. or Frank Carroll
Patrick Chan to Orser
Anna Pogarilaya to Eteri

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know these are just wild fantasies, but since Ashley will be getting married in June, I’m pretty sure she’d like to keep at least some domestic distractions and stay in the US. :biggrin:

(She also had a really cute story about her parents trying to get her to train with someone else when she was a little girl and she just refused. Always been strong willed;) )

See. Getting wrapped up in a wedding and the love of your life is EXACTLY the type of distraction I was referencing.

JK of course. I didn't know she was engaged, so best wishes to her. I don't think Irina is coaching any longer. Last I heard, she was a politician of some sort, and her involvement in skating was mainly performing duties related to "legend" status, not in working on the ice.

Still, one can dream.

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
It's very difficult for Donovan to get into a higher-level training environment because of the little support he gets.... So I don't think any permanent change is possible but I'm hoping so much, so much that Javi invites him to his summer camp in Spain (Donovan even said it was his dream and now that they've finally met at the Worlds' banquet...)