Dream Coaching Changes That Will Never Happen | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Dream Coaching Changes That Will Never Happen

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Too right about Moris! He has always been promising, but he is quickly becoming one of the top skaters.

I didn't use him as an example as he isn't a podium regular at the biggest events just yet. But, he will be very soon. The silver at the Cup Of Russia is just the beginning. :agree: :biggrin:

Oh, and during the Men's FS, elktra blue also brought up Adian Pitkeev as another example, who I am ashamed to admit that I had actually forgotten about. :eek::

CaroLiza_fan

in your defense i have to say he didn't last long. the poor boy ended up injured almost immediately after his senior debut, now i think he's coaching children

okokok1777

Rinkside
1. Wakaba Higuchi to BOrser - She has strong basic skating skills, big jumps, great performance ability and an on-going professional relationship with Shae-Lynn Bourne. She also has several GP medals, two JW medals and a Senior World Silver medal under her belt. Wakaba seems like the perfect skater for Cricket - and three years before the 2022 Olympics would be a great time to make the coaching change.

2. Nana Araki (or Tomoe Kawabata) to BOrser - Both of these skaters have AMAZING toe jumps and tons of "it" factor. However, they have both been plagued with inconsistent performances and nerves. I really think the team at Cricket could help these girls reach their full potential.

3. Mikhail Kolyada to Raf - TBH this is a coaching change that should have happened two seasons ago XD According to his TSL interview, Rafael is quite fond of Mischa and enjoyed having him at Lakewood this past summer. They also wouldn't have to deal with language barriers. Mischa with stable quads would be a force to be reckoned with.

4. Alena Kostornaia to Lori Nichol or Tom Dickson (Choreography) - While I really loved Alena's SP, I felt that the Romeo and Juliet FS was a miss. Her skating is mesmerizing and I would love to see her branch out with other choreographers. Lori has created some beautiful programs with Satoko, Mao and Carolina. I would pay top dollar to see what she could create with Kostornaia.

5. Polina Tsurskaya to Ghislain Briand - Polina was virtually tied with Wakaba as my favorite breakout skater of the Olympic season. Unfortunately, she has struggled with URs all year. I think that working under a top-level jump coach like Ghislain and gaining a more difficult jumping pass (in her case, a 3A or 4Lz) would put her back in the race to make the Russian National team.

amonemae

Rinkside
This is fun hmmmm

1. Misha Kolyada to Mishin (I think he needs a technician at this stage more than anything else and maybe Mishin can help smooth over his Fed troubles)
2. Wakaba Higuchi to Ravi Walia (I know there was a big to-do over her potentially moving to BOrser but imo that place is too crowded. Ravi seems to enjoy focusing on one skater at a time and Waka may grow under that kind of environment. Also, Kaetlyn did have really smart layouts too and hopefully...Waka will ditch the flip.)
3. Boyang Jin to Nobuo Sato (He just seems like a really calm dude, and Boyang needs help on his edges and SS)
4. WangLiu to Tracy Wilson/Scott Moir (He seems to be coaching more and more and Gadbois is crowded and well I just want my fave team to rise with another fave duo!)

Since we seem to be doing choreography too!

1. Shoma Uno to Stephane Lambiel for competitive programs :)
2. Misha Kolyada to Benoit
3. Keiji Tanaka to Benoit
4. Satoko Miyahara to SLB
5. Mai Mihara to Jeffrey Buttle
6. Wakaba Higuchi to Tatsuki Machida (this is the very highest of dreams)

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Coaching

1. Wakaba Higuchi to Brian Orser or Ravi Walia — I thought that Brian would be great for her when she was rumoured to be moving to TCC last year, since they're so good at polishing skaters who already have a great base, plus there are a couple of Japanese skaters there and she's friends with Evgenia. Ravi could spend a lot of time on her since he has a smaller group, and I see similarities between her and Kaetlyn, so it could be a good fit.

2. Mikhail Kolyada to Raf — Raf really seems to like him, there would be no language barrier, and it might be good for Misha to have some top skaters around him in training. Plus I would love to see him work with some of the choreographers that Raf's team uses.

3. Tarasova/Morozov to John Zimmerman — since Nina Mozer doesn't want to coach anymore, and Maxim has said he's not going to be their main coach anymore, they'll need a change anyways. A lot of people suggest Moskvina for them which would be great, but she does have B/K and she's not the main coach for teams in her group (according to her). T/M clearly don't want to be a classical team based on their comments in interviews, so I think the Florida team could do some interesting things with them.

4. Walsh/Michaud to Robin Szolkowy with Meno and Sand (or one of the other top pairs coaching teams in the US) — It's nice having a good senior pairs team in Canada not with the Montreal team, but I do think they would make more progress with a different coaching team (although them working with Paul McIntosh on SS and polish is a great idea). They have some limitations due to the height difference, so I don't think they'll ever have a great twist, but there's tons of room for improvement. I'd like to see them with a high level team.

5. Dmitri Aliev to Brian Orser or Alex Ouriashev — I don't see Dmitri leaving Russia, but I would love to see him with someone who can help improve his stamina and polish the jumps. Alex O could be interesting for the stamina and jumps, plus no language barrier and he could still be a main focus for the coach, since TCC has so many skaters.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Coaching

1. Wakaba Higuchi to Brian Orser or Ravi Walia — I thought that Brian would be great for her when she was rumoured to be moving to TCC last year, since they're so good at polishing skaters who already have a great base, plus there are a couple of Japanese skaters there and she's friends with Evgenia. Ravi could spend a lot of time on her since he has a smaller group, and I see similarities between her and Kaetlyn, so it could be a good fit.

2. Mikhail Kolyada to Raf — Raf really seems to like him, there would be no language barrier, and it might be good for Misha to have some top skaters around him in training. Plus I would love to see him work with some of the choreographers that Raf's team uses.

3. Tarasova/Morozov to John Zimmerman — since Nina Mozer doesn't want to coach anymore, and Maxim has said he's not going to be their main coach anymore, they'll need a change anyways. A lot of people suggest Moskvina for them which would be great, but she does have B/K and she's not the main coach for teams in her group (according to her). T/M clearly don't want to be a classical team based on their comments in interviews, so I think the Florida team could do some interesting things with them.

4. Walsh/Michaud to Robin Szolkowy with Meno and Sand (or one of the other top pairs coaching teams in the US) — It's nice having a good senior pairs team in Canada not with the Montreal team, but I do think they would make more progress with a different coaching team (although them working with Paul McIntosh on SS and polish is a great idea). They have some limitations due to the height difference, so I don't think they'll ever have a great twist, but there's tons of room for improvement. I'd like to see them with a high level team.

5. Dmitri Aliev to Brian Orser or Alex Ouriashev — I don't see Dmitri leaving Russia, but I would love to see him with someone who can help improve his stamina and polish the jumps. Alex O could be interesting for the stamina and jumps, plus no language barrier and he could still be a main focus for the coach, since TCC has so many skaters.

Who is Alex Ouirachev?

ctake

Spectator
If Satoko Miyahara ever switches to pairs to get Japan an Olympic team medal - Aljona Savchenko

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Coaching

Gasp, is this true? If so I'm worried! Where will T/M go? They have to decide rather quickly if their training isn't impacted.

Plumededragon

Medalist
All Eteri’s girls to other coaches and good choreographers.
Nathan to someone else.
Eunsoo too (Borser?)
Young too (back to TCC)

WhiteProphet

On the Ice
Medvedeva back to Russia, and Marin, EunSoo and You Young to BOrser... a bit crowded, but I can dream [emoji18]