Dream Coaching Changes That Will Never Happen | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Dream Coaching Changes That Will Never Happen

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has anyone mentioned this one: Medvedeva to Arutunian?

Maybe because many of us would not consider that a dream pair up;).

Zhenya seems to have settled in just fine with the team at TCC :)

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Add Alina Zagitova to the list of needing to go to someone else for choreography; Daniil's programs for her this year were a sloppy mess of .5 second moves....I understand those programs just won Worlds but that doesn't mean that I have to like them or think they are good

And they’re just your opinions so they don’t mean anything either [emoji4] Daniil’s choreography is very good, I don’t know what bad people see in it apart from the fact they love to pick on Eteri girls. But I agree Alina’s this year weren’t the best out of all the programs she’s had, well at least compared to last season. One program doesn’t mean she should change choreographers right away. It would be interesting to see her with another choreographer to just to see if it would work. Not sure who though...

mommytoljf

Rinkside
Alina doesn’t seem to know who she is yet on the ice. She does what Eteri tells her to. I fear that the wheels will really come off next year is she doesn’t change coaches. I would love to see her work with RA or another Russian coach who is not Eteri.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And they’re just your opinions so they don’t mean anything either [emoji4] Daniil’s choreography is very good, I don’t know what bad people see in it apart from the fact they love to pick on Eteri girls. But I agree Alina’s this year weren’t the best out of all the programs she’s had, well at least compared to last season. One program doesn’t mean she should change choreographers right away. It would be interesting to see her with another choreographer to just to see if it would work. Not sure who though...

Just because someone has a criticism does not mean “they love to pick on Eteri girls”.

I don’t follow the Eteri ladies skaters enough to know who does the choreography, but is “Daniil” the one responsible for the one second in one position, one second in another position, not even long enough to be a spiral choreo? If so, it’s less than these girls deserve. (I realize it probably racks up the points, but that has never been my main focus).;)

I would love to see Alina, clearly a strong, talented skater, with Rohene Ward. He knows how to build a moment in a program, how to work a story, and she would definitely be holding that spiral:agree:

Last edited:

evasorange

Final Flight
Daniel Samohin to literally ANYONE who can help him learn to settle into a program and learn how to control and steady his jumps. It’s such a waste of talent!

withwings

On the Ice
Alina doesn’t seem to know who she is yet on the ice. She does what Eteri tells her to. I fear that the wheels will really come off next year is she doesn’t change coaches. I would love to see her work with RA or another Russian coach who is not Eteri.

Exactly, Alina does not know what she is on ice and she does everything what is told her to do ( a good pupil!). Under Eteri she never will find her own identity

colormyworld240

Medalist
Exactly, Alina does not know what she is on ice and she does everything what is told her to do ( a good pupil!). Under Eteri she never will find her own identity

Uhm, that is incorrect. Alina chose Carmen which was the exact opposite of doing what Eteri wanted. She herself has said this and Eteri didn’t want her to skate to Carmen st first. Let’s listen to what Alina has to say and let’s believe that over our own made up stories. It’s one thing to post who you want her to get choreography for, its another to make statements that directly contradict public comments by the skater. This seems to happen a lot with Alina.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Just because someone has a criticism does not mean “they love to pick on Eteri girls”.

I don’t follow the Eteri ladies skaters enough to know who does the choreography, but is “Daniil” the one responsible for the one second in one position, one second in another position, not even long enough to be a spiral choreo? If so, it’s less than these girls deserve. (I realize it probably racks up the points, but that has never been my main focus).;)

I would love to see Alina, clearly a strong, talented skater, with Rohene Ward. He knows how to build a moment in a program, how to work a story, and she would definitely be holding that spiral:agree:

Programs are made by both Tutberidze and Gleichengauz.

As for the one second in one position it's a bit of a russian thing vs western choreographers: in US in particular you prefer less choreography but trying to make things more relevant, with positions held longer,... in Russia it is very much creating super difficult choreographies and transitions so programs become a showcase of your skills. Look back at Tarasova's super difficult steps sequences, or Morozov's intense choreographies, it's not just Eteri... and I can see both philosophies having some valid points.

I've heard people saying it's because these skaters cannot hold these positions but i don't think this is true, we've seen them doing so in certain gala events for example, we've seen Evgenia holding her spiral longer because coaches told her to do so, it's just in competition with the pressure, and with that much work to do it is more difficult.

With Alina in particular i do believe that less is more, if they start to polish, fixing the posture and removing some of the crammed choreography and music cuts, the skater would benefit.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
With all those wishes and bashes :) I always wonder how it is possible that those who are under fire from our critics are those who are leading their skaters to medals, while those, who are so celebrated here, are... not. :devil:

But lets be positive. Eliška Březinová to Eteri Tutberidze, so Czech Republic can have a medal in ladies after some 50 years since Hana Mašková :)