I Wish Keegan Messing Would Get a New Program | Golden Skate

I Wish Keegan Messing Would Get a New Program

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I really do love Keegan and enjoyed both his programs last season, but I was hoping he would get a new program for this season. I suppose skaters like to use the same programs once they master them, but Keegan is such a talented skater it would be great to see him with fresh material. Go Keegan!

Scout

Final Flight
His SP was new this year - You've Got a Friend in Me. Last year was Singing in the Rain. Keegan seems like the skater who changes one program each year. So if he follows that pattern, he'll keep the short, but change the Charlie Chaplin long.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
I'd love Keegan to try out jazz, or some musical stuff. New, but still fitting in with his skating persona :biggrin:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
His SP was new this year - You've Got a Friend in Me. Last year was Singing in the Rain. Keegan seems like the skater who changes one program each year. So if he follows that pattern, he'll keep the short, but change the Charlie Chaplin long.

Oh yes, that's true. I did like his Singing in the Rain program. I find Keegan one of the most understated, down to earth skaters around. Kurt Browning really talks up a storm about Keegan and how genuine he is on and off the ice. :points:

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
I'd be interested to see him do something truly different. All of his programs sort of blend together for me.

reneerose

Final Flight
I would like to see something different too. I'm thinking he preserved the FS for this season because I don't know if it was seen enough last season. Am looking forward to something very different and new.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I would love to see him diversify. He's getting a bit into a shtick but it worked for Javi I guess and I do consider Keegan a Fernandez type in the making.

reneerose

Final Flight
I would love to see him diversify. He's getting a bit into a shtick but it worked for Javi I guess and I do consider Keegan a Fernandez type in the making.
I see Keegan more as a Kirk Browning...if only he would bring some variety to his programs....not sure if Keegan necessarily falls into the Canadian/American version of a Javi type whatever that is....and personally I don't know if we can necessarily say that Javi had a shtick, Javi had some variety to his programs.

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I think Keegan needs to do something completely different but also somehow needs to stick to his strengths. A classic stereotype Russian program will eat him up next year so he needs to be creative. I’m not sure what I expect lol

reneerose

Final Flight
Yeah I think it would be the strangest thing to see Keegan do a Russian classical program....he's meant to be light and free.....effervescent and happening! :laugh:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
The thought of Keegan gliding to Swan Lake in a frilly shirt got a laugh out of me. Also not into the idea of a Latin rhythm out of him or one of those mellow melodies so many male programs seem to prefer. I am not tired of what’s he selling :)

reneerose

Final Flight
The thought of Keegan gliding to Swan Lake in a frilly shirt got a laugh out of me. Also not into the idea of a Latin rhythm out of him or one of those mellow melodies so many male programs seem to prefer. I am not tired of what’s he selling :)

He could glide to Swan Lake in leopard shorts like he did in his EX :rofl:

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
I think Keegan needs to do something completely different but also somehow needs to stick to his strengths. A classic stereotype Russian program will eat him up next year so he needs to be creative. I’m not sure what I expect lol

I actually think he could pull off something like a Simon and Garfunkel program. It could showcase some kind of range without asking him to be something he isn't. He's a great skater but I don't think he's really stretching his wings creatively yet.

Casual

On the Ice
Could someone explain Keegan Messing to me? What do you like most about him?

Also, if you love Messing - did you also love Carolina Kostner?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
LOL, my first response when I saw the thread title was, Forget a new program, please try another STYLE. I'm sure Mr Keegan is as nice and as genuine as reputation would have him, but I'm so BORED with the "gosh golly gee, I'm just a happy go lucky sun of a gun here to show you just how light and carefree and adorbs I am." It's getting to the point I think of him as the Sally "You Like Me, You Really Really LIKE Me" Fields of figure skating.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I actually think he could pull off something like a Simon and Garfunkel program. It could showcase some kind of range without asking him to be something he isn't. He's a great skater but I don't think he's really stretching his wings creatively yet.

I like this idea! I could also see an angular, abstract music choice that would set off his explosiveness, something like Blues for Klook (though I really dislike that one!) A blues, or jazz (but NOT Take Five, please), might be a good choice.

And the thought of him skating to Swan Lake in a ruffled shirt is also cracking me up, so, thanks to the previous poster...

reneerose

Final Flight
LOL, my first response when I saw the thread title was, Forget a new program, please try another STYLE. I'm sure Mr Keegan is as nice and as genuine as reputation would have him, but I'm so BORED with the "gosh golly gee, I'm just a happy go lucky sun of a gun here to show you just how light and carefree and adorbs I am." It's getting to the point I think of him as the Sally "You Like Me, You Really Really LIKE Me" Fields of figure skating.

This is it! A different style, try a different style Keegan Sally Messing Field. Love the film star analogy! :laugh: I really wonder if Lance Vipond and or Ralph B. his coach have suggested such for the next season cycle. Hopefully they have/will.