Anyone else swim and skate? | Golden Skate

Anyone else swim and skate?

Sam L

Medalist
I’m a far better skater than I’m a swimmer as I do singles and synchro and will be competing soon. But I’m a decent swimmer can do laps in breaststroke and backstroke and trying to in freestyle and learning butterfly. I’ll never do synchronized swimming though haha. I just love how I can appreciate water in both ways. I love how in both activities I’m channeling water away from body and pushing through in different ways.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
I rarely swim due to lack of access to a pool and spending most of my spare money on skating, but I'm pretty good at it despite the fact that I sink like a brick if I stop moving. :laugh:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I just swim & skate recreationally.

Same. I competed as a swimmer as a kid, but was not promising enough so I was kicked out by age 12. I never learned to skate properly but I love it. Vs swimming it is far easier to go skating for me, b/c pool space is far, far harder to get plus logistics.

Wombat1800

On the Ice
I'm currently a competitive swimmer and I have been for 6 years, but I used to skate and I still do recreationally a few times a year.