Blade mounted incorrectly, HELP! | Golden Skate

Blade mounted incorrectly, HELP!

alexat

Rinkside
Hi guys, I'm new here!

I recently purchased a pair of ice flys. I live in a small town that doesn't even have a proper figure skating store. I ordered my boots and blades online and had them mounted by a man in my city who used to be an edea rep. A lot of people at my rink suggested this person and said he was the guy to see! These are my first pair of edea skates so I didn't know what to expect.

The trouble first began when I was looking at the bottom of my skates and the blades didn't seem to be mounted evenly. The blade on my left skate is closer to the outside on the heel part (if that makes sense?). When I skate, my left foot rolls inwards and I'm always on the inside edge. It's almost impossible to go on the outside edge. I had two coaches comment that it didn't look right.

I'm not sure what to do, different people are telling me different things. Can blades be remounted? Every screw has been put in. I've read that it's bad to remount boots. One coach said they've had their blades remounted three times, another said that once all the screws are in place the boot will be damaged if the blade is shifted. I'm super sad because I spent so much on these skates. Can anyone give me some advice? Thank you!

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Your tech screwed up. You typically first install new blades with a temporary mount (two screws in the slots in the sole plate and two screws in the slots in the heel plate), make any needed adjustments, and then add screws for a permanent mount.

You need to unscrew the blade; drill out the holes; and permanently plug the holes with suitable adhesive and plugs. Edea has carbon-fiber soles and heels and sells a special plug kit: https://ice.edeaskates.com/en/ice-skates/carbon-filler/ . You can then redrill fresh holes and remount the blade.

Make sure you do permanent plugs: don't let a tech simply pound in pegs.

I have no experience with Edeas. I have Jackson boots with leather soles and heels. Between adjusting blade positions and changing over blades, I've done ~9 mounting operations on the same boots.