Haven't put skates on for a while now one feels strange? | Golden Skate

Haven't put skates on for a while now one feels strange?

Ange

Rinkside
Hi everyone, I'm wondering whether anyone has had an experience like this. I was off the ice for 6 months due to a stress fracture and now that I've come back and started using my skates again, the right skate feels different to the left. The left is supportive and holds my ankle upright whereas the right skate (the shape of the ankle area) feels like it's pushing me onto an inside edge rather than holding my foot and ankle straight and upright. It's the right leg that was in a moon boot, so I'm wondering whether it could be related to strength in that foot/leg/ankle or if this can happen to a boot? Can it somehow get un-moulded? I hope that makes sense. Thank you in advance for any insight :)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi everyone, I'm wondering whether anyone has had an experience like this. I was off the ice for 6 months due to a stress fracture and now that I've come back and started using my skates again, the right skate feels different to the left. The left is supportive and holds my ankle upright whereas the right skate (the shape of the ankle area) feels like it's pushing me onto an inside edge rather than holding my foot and ankle straight and upright. It's the right leg that was in a moon boot, so I'm wondering whether it could be related to strength in that foot/leg/ankle or if this can happen to a boot? Can it somehow get un-moulded? I hope that makes sense. Thank you in advance for any insight :)

Where was the stress fracture, if it was in the foot then that could be the problem right there, you will have to built up strength again too after an injury.

I've been off the ice with ankle injuries in the past and the affected ankle hurt in the boot and felt weak, it took a bit of physio to really get it back where it needed, and even years later my ankle still aches.

I hope you are able to get things back to "normal" as soon as possible!

Good luck!