Who will be invited to 2019-20 GP series? | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Who will be invited to 2019-20 GP series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrea82

Medalist
Does the Olympics count as amajor competition or just 4CC, Europeans, and Worlds?

yes.

1 per season between Worlds, Euros/4Continents, Olympics, Junior Worlds.
2 per season from GP Series and Junior GP Series
2 per season from other International Competition (with at least 8 skaters from 4 countries/6 couples for Ice Dance from 4 countries/5 pairs from 3 countries). Area competitions like the Nordics or competitions target to specific groups such as Universiadi don't count for World Standing points (even if they count for Minimum TES for ISU Championships)

3 seasons are considered with the oldest one counting only 70%. However, they don't use all 15 scores (1 ISU championship-2 GPs-2 International per season over 3 seasons) but among these 15 results, 2 from ISU Championships, 4 from GP and 4 from other Internationals.

Olympics give the same amount of point as Worlds. Euros and 4 Continents have the same value which is lower than Worlds/Olympics but higher than Junior Worlds.
For example winning Worlds or Olympics is 1200 points. Winning Euros/4CCs is 840 points. Winning Junior Worlds in 500 points.
Winning GPFinal is 800 points. Wining a GP event is 400 points. Winning Junior GP Final is 350 points. Winning a JGP Event is 250 points.
Winning a Challenger Series event is 300 points. Winning a Senior B is 250 points.

Top 24 (top 20 in Pairs and Dance) get points at ISU Championships (basically those making for FS cut). Top 8 in GP. Top 10 in. Junior GP. Top 8 (Single; top 6 in Ice Dance and top 5 in Pairs) in Challengers and top 5 in other Senior Bs

Andrea82

Medalist
For example Kolyada's score

2018-19

ISU Championships: 6th at Worlds (709 points) and 5th at Euros (551 points). Only one can be taken in consideration and it is the 709 points from Worlds

GP Series: 4th in both Rostelecom and Finland GP. 292 each and both considered as he didn't qualify for GP final.

Other Internationals: winner of Nepela (300 points), winner of Finland Trophy (300), second place at Golden Spin (270 points), winner of TallinK Hotels Cup (250 points). Two results should be taken in consideration and therefore the two 300 points (Nepela and Finlandia).

709+292+292+300+300 so far

2017-18

ISU Championships: third at worlds (972 points), 8th at Olympics (574), third at Europeans (680 points). 972 considered. But they are weighted only at 70%. (70*972)/100=680.4. 680 points considered

From GPs: third GP Final (648), winner Cup of China (400), third at Rostelecom (324). So 648 and 400 considered. Downweighted to 453.6 (rounded to 450) and 280

Other International Competitions: winner of Nepela (300) and 4th at Finlandia Trophy (219). No other Senior Bs done. 70% of 300 and 219 is 210 and 153.3

Therefore 709+292+292+300+300+680+454+280+210+153=3670

When the new season will start, his scores won't necessarily count. His best score from Worlds or Euros will count if higher than 680. Basically if he will be top 3 at Euros or top 6 at Worlds. Because only 2 out of 3 of the first column (ISU Championships/Olympics) will be used.
His 2019 GP scores will be used if higher than 210 (it means 7th place) because only 4 out of the 6 will be used. Same for other International Competitions.

Hanyu is lower because his current total is based on 7 competitions rather than 10 (missed second GP in 2017-18 and he did only Autumn Classic among Senior B competitions)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I think I am going to make a list of whom I would be overjoyed to see, to just check how unlucky I am :)

Ladies: Zagitova, Trusova, Sakomoto, Lim
Gentlemen: Uno, Messing, Zhou, Boyang, Brezhina, Voronov, Lazukin
Pairs: Zabiyako&Enbert, James&Cipres, DellaMonica& Guarise, Pavlyuchenko & Khodykin

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, the pain! :drama: :sad4: :console: Only four and half more weeks. :pray:

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I'm wondering whether Yuzuru or Shoma will be at NHK, and if Rika, Kaori or Satoko will be there too.

ruga

Final Flight
I'm wondering whether Yuzuru or Shoma will be at NHK, and if Rika, Kaori or Satoko will be there too.

Rika, Satoko and Kaori are seeded skaters (4-6 at Worlds) so one of them will definitely be there

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I would guess Kaori, as all three ladies competed at Japanese Nationals & she won it. Also, she has never been invited to NHK before. While the other two both attended last season.

Tahuu

On the Ice
Bet my bitcoin on:

SA: Nathan/Mika
SC: Yuzu/Boyang
IdF: Vincent/Shoma
CoC: Vincent/Boyang
RC: Yuzu/Mika
NHK: Nathan/Shoma

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I would guess Kaori, as all three ladies competed at Japanese Nationals & she won it. Also, she has never been invited to NHK before. While the other two both attended last season.
While Kaori won Nationals, Rika is the JSF's top gun at the moment. And is also higher than Kaori in the seeding.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am going to be attending Skate Canada this year, so praying for some good ones to show up in Kelowna! :D How unrealistic but amazing if both Nathan and Rika could be there... :drama:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
While Kaori won Nationals, Rika is the JSF's top gun at the moment. And is also higher than Kaori in the seeding.

If they could invite both, I think they would; but as they can't, they will have to make a decision and we'll see. Satoko received the invite last season over Higuchi who placed higher at Worlds; but Satoko had placed higher at the Olympics along with being National Champion so it is a different call this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.