Who will be invited to 2019-20 GP series? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Who will be invited to 2019-20 GP series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Russia (13 spots) – Tarasova/Morozov, Zabiako/Enbert, Boikova/Kozlovskii 2, Mishina/Galliamov, Pavliuchenko/Khodykin, Kostiukovich/Ialin, Panfilova/Rylov, Akhanteva/Kolesov, Efimova/Korovin 1, Host Pick 1, multiple candidates.

K/I are staying juniors. Their coaches already said so. And it's a safe assumption that A/K are as well, since they have the same coaching team as K/I, are younger and had less success this season. P/R have also confirmed that they will stay juniors next season in an interview after JW.

So that opens up 3 spots.

Miller

Final Flight
^^^ Thanks. That means Mishina and Galliamov (and as World Junior champs), and Kayne and O’Shea, and Scimeca-Knierim and Knierim should be in line for 2 spots, with the next in line now being Pavliuchenko/Khodykin, Ryom/Kim, Denney/Frazier, Efimova/Korovin, Hase/Seegert, Stellato-Dudek/Bartholomay, Walsh/Michaud, and Calalang/Johnson.

Also makes it clearer for say the Russian Host Pick as Pavliuchenko/Khodykin and Efimova/Korovin should be fighting it out for that spot.

The 2nd and 3rd US spots at SA remain to be seen. There's now likely to be 3 couple with 2 spots, so will they go with 2 of them at SA and 1 Host Pick or will it be 1 i.e. Cain/LeDuc, plus 2 of those next in line as listed above.

Miller

Final Flight
Prediction for Ice Dance. I’m nowhere near as au fait with what’s going on in Ice Dance, but it does seems relatively easy to come up with what should be a reasonably accurate prediction (though now having written it out it seems the last few spots are a bit up in the air).

For example, the top 10 at Worlds are the top 10 in the Seasons Best list, the next 13 in the list will all be in seniors, including the new World Junior champs Lajoie and Lagha, so that’s 46 spots in total.

Then there’s 3 couples who qualify via World Standing – Soucisse/Firus , Shevchenko/Eremenko and Komatsubara/Koleto, while for Host Picks I’m assuming 1 for each event – France = Galyavieva/Thauron, China = Chen/Sun, Japan = Komatsubara/Koleto.

However there may be a 2nd Host Pick in France, there’s 3 couples all with Seasons Bests in the 140’s which seems to be about the cut-off point for couples skating at GPs. Also the Shibutanis might return. They said they weren’t retiring after the Olympics, but didn’t specify when they would return. If they do decide to return they’ll get 2 spots under the Comeback rule.

For the time being I’ll assume they don’t and just list out things in order. Also as stated earlier on Galyavieva/Thauron have certain political advantages. They’re only just below the unofficial cut-off plus could easily be invited to somewhere like SA in return for IdF choosing someone just below the cut-off like Starr Andrews or Hanna Harrell.

Prediction rearranged by country –

Russia (15 spots) – Sinitsina/Katsalapov, Stepanova/Bukin, Zagorski/Guerreiro, Skoptcova/Aleshin, Evdokimova/Bazin, Shevchenko/Eremenko 2, Khudaiberdieva/Nazarov (2 spots as WJ runners-up?), Popova/Mozgov 1, Host Pick 1.

USA (13 spots) – Hubbell/Donohoe, Chock/Bates, Hawayek/Baker, Parsons/Parsons, McNamara/Carpenter, Carreira/Ponamarenko 2, Host Pick 1

Canada (11 spots) – Weaver/Poje, Gilles/Poirier, Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen, Lajoie/Lagha, Soucisse/Firus 2, Host Pick 1

France (5 spots) – Papadakis/Cizeron, Lauriault/Le Gac 2, Host Pick 1 (Galyavieva/Thauron), may be 2.

Spain (4 spots) – Hurtado/Khaliavin, Smart/Diaz 2

China (3 spots) – Wang/Liu 2, Host Pick 1 (Chen/Sun)

Italy (2 spots) – Guignard/Fabbri 2

Poland (2 spots) – Kaliszek/Spodyriev 2

Great Britain (2 spots) – Fear/Gibson 2

Japan (2 spots) – Komatsubara/Koleto 2 (1 via Host Pick, other via W/S)

Finland (1 spot) – Turkkila/Versluis 1 (last ones in, Popova/Mozgov are next).

Next in line Reed/Ambrulevicius, Galyavieva/Thauron, Shpilevaya/Smirnov, Nguyen/Kolesnik (assume stay in juniors), Koch/Nuechtern, Kazakova/Reviya, Tessari/Fioretti, Tweedale/Buckland, Yanokskaya/Lukacs.

ETA - Edited to reflect SnowWhite's post just below.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Shevchenko/Eremenko are aging out, so they will be seniors. As are Khudaiberdieva/Nazarov.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
China will most likely use all three of its host dance berths. They usually do and Ning & Wang met their Worlds TES minimum in the FD and their 4CC one in the RD last year plus went to 4CCs.

I would be surprised if Japan has more than one host team though. They have internal requirements which I'm sure none of their other senior teams have met, plus their junior team is both unlikely to meet them and unlikely to move up to seniors. Might be a possibility if someone like Orihara, Reed, Fukase, or Muramoto repartnered and earned a solid score during the summer or pre-season.

Shevchenko & Eremenko will move up. They age out of juniors. They also have a guaranteed spot based on World Standings. They won the JGPF, and they placed higher than K&N at Russian Nationals. They will get in. Whether they get two spots is probably up to Russia.

Khudaberdieva & Nazarov will also move up. They also age out of juniors. K&N are guaranteed nothing. I'd say S&E have a stronger resume over time, but K&N made a good argument for themselves with Junior Worlds silver so it's six of one/half dozen of another. Both merit a spot, IMO; but not sure about two. Would be fun to see them go up against Popova & Mozgov. We'll wait & see what Russia and the GP hosts decide to do here.

Galayavieva & Thauron train with Krylova in Russia. It's far more likely they get a surprise invite there than at SA.

I would expect Kazakova & Reviya to skate the JGP in juniors where they can earn points & medals.

I'm not sure USA will have another spot/team for a host berth. There are a bunch of reasons for why I'm unsure about this; but it would take a while to list them all out so I'm stopping here at the moment.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alexei Krasnozhon won the Senior Men's event at the Egna Spring Trophy. He received 250 WR points for his win, and he has moved up into the top 24 on the projected WR list after the scrub.

Andrew Torgashev was 2nd at Egna, and he has moved up also.

1Nathan CHENUSA
2Shoma UNOJPN
3Mikhail KOLYADARUS
4Yuzuru HANYUJPN
5Jason BROWNUSA
6Vincent ZHOUUSA
6Alexander SAMARINRUS
8Matteo RIZZOITA
9Keegan MESSINGCAN
10Michal BREZINACZE
11Boyang JINCHN
12Deniss VASILJEVSLAT
13Morisi KVETLASHVILIGEO
14Junhwan CHAKOR
15Sergei VORONOVRUS
16Javier FERNANDEZ (retired)ESP
17Dmitri ALIEVRUS
18Daniel GRASSLITA
19Keiji TANAKAJPN
20Kazuki TOMONOJPN
21Alexei KRASNOZHON
USA
22Alexei BYCHENKOISR
23Roman SAVOSINRUS
24Camden PULKINENUSA
25Nam NGUYENCAN
26Tomoki HIWATASHIUSA
27Andrei LAZUKINRUS
28Alexander MAJOROV (retired)SWE
29Kevin AYMOZFRA
30Brendan KERRYAUS
31Andrew TORGASHEV
USA

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
so both boys can get at least an invitation?

Kraznozhon, yes. Torgashev, no. He has no chance for a top 24 WR and his season best is very low, #62. I assume he's going back on the JGP. He will be USA#1 there.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Kraznozhon, yes. Torgashev, no. He has no chance for a top 24 WR and his season best is very low, #62. I assume he's going back on the JGP. He will be USA#1 there.

i might need another season as a junior (in your avatar buyanova is more princess diana than ever :biggrin:)

Winry

On the Ice
It's just a detail but I'm disapointed that the GP of France is still in Grenoble. I was hoping so much Paris
Far more easier trip to organise and maybe a better rink in the capital

(no plastic star, please no more plastic star :curse:)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Slightly OT -- Sk Can pre-sale all-event tickets went on sale yesterday. Did anyone buy? (I know, it's just a LITTLE early). :laugh:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh Worlds is definitely on the radar! I have GPF, SC, SA, and Worlds hotels booked already, just in case!

SkateSkates

Medalist
Slightly OT -- Sk Can pre-sale all-event tickets went on sale yesterday. Did anyone buy? (I know, it's just a LITTLE early). :laugh:

I bought! But don’t have hotel or flights yet. Does anyone know when the worlds tickets will go on sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.