Most Moving Performances | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Most Moving Performances

labgoat

Female thinker deep in various thoughts
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley Wagner's Moulin Rouge FS at 2016 Worlds ... and afterwards, Raf so nervous in K&C ... "come on ... give us something!"
Adam Rippon's Beatles FS at 2016 Worlds, esp the Blackbird segment ... and afterwards, Max Aaron jumping into Adam's arms with joy
Rika Kihira's FS at NHK 2018
Nathan Chen's Land of All FS at 2019 Nationals ... Awe-inspiring!
Rudy Galindo's Swan Lake FS at 1996 Nationals ... pure emotion
Michelle Kwan's East of Eden 1998 Pro=Am
Sarah Hughes' FS at 2002 Olympics
Sean Rabbit's East of Eden SP 2019 Nationals
Jason Brown's Riverdance FS at 2014 Nationals: exuberance, joy, drama, everything
Katerina Witt tribute to Sarajevo at 1994 Olympics
Karina Manta and Joe Johnson Sweet Dreams FS at 2019 Nationals ... this is one of the most fun, most vividly expressed team skates I've seen
Aljona Savchenko and Bruno Massot La Terre Vue du Ciel FS at 2018 Olympics
Ekaterina Gordeeva and Sergei Grinkov - 1988 Olympic FS
Meryl Davis and Charlie White - Samson & Delilah Worlds
Alexa Scimeca and Chris Knierim - Ghost FS at 2017 4CC
Tarah Kayne and Danny O'Shea - Music of the Night FS at 2016 Nationals
and TA-DAAAAHHH - Ashley Cain and Timothy LeDuc W.E. FS at 2019 Nationals, with best K&C moments

I'm sure I have more, but these are top-of-the-head moments. Joy, exuberance, triumph after struggling, tend to be the most moving for me.

Yes to all of these! How did I forget Ashley, Rudi & Aliona & Bruno.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:thank: , skylark! How could I forget Rudi's 1996 US Nationals & Meryl & Charlie's Worlds Samson & Delilah (2009, I think)? Ashley Cain & Timothy's LeDuc's US Nationals FS & their epic K&C moments were priceless!

labgoat

Female thinker deep in various thoughts
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:thank: , skylark! How could I forget Rudi's 1996 US Nationals & Meryl & Charlie's Worlds Samson & Delilah (2009, I think)? Ashley Cain & Timothy's LeDuc's US Nationals FS & their epic K&C moments were priceless!

Speaking of your name, Todd had some thrillers as well - Swing Kids, First Knight, and 1492 are among my faves and anything operatic as well. Fantastic spins, great speed in and out of jumps, footwork, heart & soul fully invested in his music.

nguyhm

On the Ice
Most of the ones that "mesmerize" me have been listed so I'm going to add a few more of my favorites.
Katia Gordeeva - Mahler - Symphony no. 5 A tribute to Sergei - did I not only shed a few tears, I was inconsolably crying :cry::cry::cry:
Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze - Lady Caliph 2002 Olympics SP - perfection
Gordeeva/Grinkov - Reverie - 1994 Exhibition - the way they cared for each other awwww
Mishkutenok/Dmitriev - 1994 Exhibition (I don't know the name of the song but it's so haunting - reflection of their relationship leading to them returning to competition in 1994
Pappadakis/Cizeron - all of them although 2019 Worlds FS topped it all

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
In no particular order:
- Papadakis/Cizeron's Moonlight Sonata
- Lu Chen's Butterfly Lovers
- Wagner's Moulin Rouge
- Michelle Kwan's Fields of Gold
- Shen/Zhao's Turandot
- Chan's Chopin Etude
- Hanyu's Seimei
-Bourne/Kraatz's Riverdance + Jason Brown's Riverdance at Nationals -- the latter of which I will watch over and over again and use as a prime example to anyone I introduce figure skating to

rugbyfan

On the Ice
We seen to have quite different ideas of moving. Some seen to be favourite performances that draw an emotional reaction. I was thinking of one's that had made me cry. .. the are not necessarily ones I will rewatch as much as some others. This is just a comment on the differences of meaning/ interpretation, nothing else.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Speaking of your name, Todd had some thrillers as well - Swing Kids, First Knight, and 1492 are among my faves and anything operatic as well. Fantastic spins, great speed in and out of jumps, footwork, heart & soul fully invested in his music.

:agree: that goes for "The Glory" & "Il Mare Calmo de la Sera" as well!

StephenGfan

Final Flight
Sui/Han recent worlds FS
Tessa/scott Moulin rouge FD
Tessa/scott UOC FD 2008 worlds
Tessa/scott Mahler 2010 olympics
Yuzuru Hanyu Seimei FS
Yuzuru Hanyu recent worlds FS
Ashley wagner moulin rogue worlds 2016
Mao asada Rach no 3 FS 2014 olympics

Alaurynm

Rinkside
Hands down the most moving performance I have ever watched is Yulia Lipnitskaya's Schindler's List program at the olympics. She shows so much emotion with her face and movements and you can see the story of the movie so clearly through the choreography.

temadd

Final Flight
Ashley Wagner 2016 worlds FS. i get chills every time i watch it.

Me too!! When I need inspiration and motivation during my treadmill work out, I put that on and time flies!

Runners up:

Yes I am gushing on Ashley Wagner but she deserves it when you are talking about moving performances.

Ashley Wagner Exogenesis
Evgenia Medvedeva 2018 Olympic LP (not always a fan of her performances but she poured her heart out there)
McNamara/Carpenter 2019 Nationals FD
Michelle Kwan - East of Eden
Cain/LeDuc 2019 Nationals LP
Ashley Wagner LaLa Land (the emotion of me suspecting it would be her final comp brought me to tears)
Ashley Wagner 2012 Worlds LP (Swan Lake and the spiral!)
Nathan Chen 2019 LP at Nationals and worlds
Kaori Sakamoto 2018 Olympics LP

natsulian

Final Flight
Figure skating is without a doubt, a quintessential blend of sport and artistry.

Most Moving Performances

(1) Mirai Nagasu, "Miss Saigon" - a thrilling, emotional ride which put together a daring layout with beautiful and emotive artistry and it seemed to me like an almost tangible representation of her journey as a figure skater

(2) Michelle Kwan, "Fields of Gold" - ... a beauty on the ice overflowing with passion for the sport and a bittersweet, melancholic performance that can render anyone speechless

(3) Lu Chen, "Butterfly Lovers" - Lu Chen is an astonishingly creative and emotive individual, able to wear her heart on her sleeves and she truly flowed and looked like a butterfly

(4) Sui Wenjing/Han Cong, "Rain, In Your Black Eyes" - they came back after much uncertainty and nailed their Free, showing the world once again why they are one of the top pairs in the field currently

(5) Cain/Leduc, "W.E." - their 2019 U.S. Nationals performance of their Free was thrilling and showed the world that they will push the U.S. pairs and continue to move it forward

(6) Ashley Wagner, "Moulin Rouge!" - for years, Ashley carried the U.S. ladies on her back and during her peak, she was one of the best artists on the ice and she demonstrated that perfectly with this Free

(7) Mariah Bell, "Divenire" - although blotted by the recent controversy, 2018/2019 has been a breakout season for Bell and this Free is spectacular

(8) Vincent Zhou, "Exogenesis: Symphony Part 3" - he has improved so much and certain bias against him aside, he deserves credit for making me tear up

Obviously there are tons more, but as of right now, those are my top 7.