Coming soon: Synchro Challenger Series | Golden Skate

Coming soon: Synchro Challenger Series

aname

On the Ice

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yay! I haven’t looked too much into the details that are available at the moment, but this seems like a step in the right direction.

I do have questions though, such as if this new challenger series will replace the long-standing international synchro invitationals that tend to take place between mid December to mid February? Or will they occur concurrently in the season, perhaps before Christmas break?

If my second theory rings true, I am a bit worried in regards to the extra expenses that the teams will need to budget for in the coming new season. As many of you know, senior and junior level synchro teams in several of the top seeded countries do not receive anywhere near the amount of funding that the other four disciplines’ national team members are allocated, thus placing the brunt of the training costs on the skaters themselves and their families.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
That's great news. It will surely give more visibility to this beautiful discipline and maybe contribute to increasing its status. I would love to see synchro skating one day at the Olympics.