2019-2020 Programs by Discipline | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2019-2020 Programs by Discipline

Lota

Record Breaker
Jason Brown
FP - Schindler's List,
Choreo by David Wilson

https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/1127314518449717248

Oh wow, I don't even know what to think of this! But I'm sure it will be gorgeous, tons of held flexible positions. Its just so hard not to associate it with Yulia, but he's gonna be amazing, I think I'm excited.

Oooh, interesting, I wonder what his take on the music will be. For me it'll be hard not to compare his program with that of Joshua Farris, because his was freakin' amazing and I really loved it, but I'm looking forward to Jason's rendition as well :yes:

slider11

Medalist
Oooh, interesting, I wonder what his take on the music will be. For me it'll be hard not to compare his program with that of Joshua Farris, because his was freakin' amazing and I really loved it, but I'm looking forward to Jason's rendition as well :yes:

Great choice for Jason! Usually, I am not a fan of reruns but Jason has the ability to put a special touch to this very special music. Can't wait!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, Kleenex are going to be getting a lot of my money this season.

Joshua's was so incomparably perfect...no other Schindler's List has ever or will ever match Joshua's...but Jason's the only one who would get close.

I think Jason's program will be one of those I really want to like, but Joshua's will always be on my mind.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I wouldn’t have chosen that music for Jason and like everyone else I have major association of that music with Josh (and Yulia to an extent), but I like the choreo he’s showing in the video. I think it has the potential to be a great program and the good news for Jason is that quite a bit of time has passed, it’s been six seasons since Yulia did hers and five since Josh did his. Also that Ina Bauer is going to be a highlight of he keeps it the way he does in the video.

Last edited:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
as the serial killer or the girl? :biggrin:

Oh, wouldn't I love someone to do a program to something REALLY out of the box. Like a super villain.

Or a dance team to do "Springtime for Hitler" from that Mel Brooks movie. Would that count as Broadway - since it was a fictional Broadway show within a Broadway show? I say PUSH THE ENVELOPE!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why not both? ;)

Exactly. Where are the "figure skating is an art" people?

I thought art is supposed to provoke and challenge. I'm seeing mainly safe, boring choices. Where are the bold, daring, in-your-face programs?

These choices make me think our "art" will be equivalent to those potholders made out of loops of T Shirt material that my sister made as a child.

I want Picasso!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, wouldn't I love someone to do a program to something REALLY out of the box. Like a super villain.

Or a dance team to do "Springtime for Hitler" from that Mel Brooks movie. Would that count as Broadway - since it was a fictional Broadway show within a Broadway show? I say PUSH THE ENVELOPE!

Given that choice, you must have loved Keegan Messing's Always Look at the Bright Side of Life, an equally satirical tune from an equally satirical movie/show :biggrin: ETA: although I'm not really sure the choreographers who use that tune have any idea, or else they don't care, where it is from and what it is really saying ;)

There will always be unusual choices and there will always be warhorses. And sometimes a warhorse is transformed into magic.

and sometimes it isn't :)

Last edited:

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice

Well, Sasha Trusova has to portray Deneris and they announced it a bit early, before the season ends....
So now it looks as if they are stuck with quite a villain. Suddenly dragon riding is cruel, not glorious.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, Sasha Trusova has to portray Deneris and they announced it a bit early, before the season ends....
So now it looks as if they are stuck with quite a villain. Suddenly dragon riding is cruel, not glorious.

I don't watch GoT, but I'm glad if it means there will be something different.

We really need some original programs.

Ducky

On the Ice

I feel like Trusova portraying a megalomaniacal messianic war criminal is 100% her brand and I love it. (And i mean this in the she chooses interesting characters to portray, and isn’t it just a matter of scale between Beatrix Kiddo and Daenerys First of her Name.)

labgoat

Female thinker deep in various thoughts
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

First Villianess I can think of is Mandy Wötzel stabbing Ingo Steuer in First Victim from Basic Instinct...1994 Worlds
https://youtu.be/UJNqvsOhPSE program starts at 1:25

(preceded by Meno & Sand discussing a costume malfunction where the hook on her skate got stuck on his pants not once but twice and they had trouble disengaging - a better view at the 2:40 mark of the program
https://youtu.be/QqYaQaU9ll8

And the version with the infamous fall - 1994 Olympics
https://youtu.be/FpN4rnzvUvg

Last edited: