2019-2020 Programs by Discipline | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2019-2020 Programs by Discipline

Weathergal

Medalist
:laugh:

I’m a big fan of my Andrew T., but he could have given us some further hint:) Then again, he at least had the grace to say he wanted to mature a little before trying it. Andrew loves his warhorses, so I would have to guess E lucevan le stelle.

Evidently “Bloodstream” is a hip hop Clair de Lune?:eek: in honor of Andrew, I will withhold judgment:biggrin:

If you want an idea, watch Anthony Pomerenko and Christina Cairrera’s FD from last season to the same music.

I vaguely remember that, okey dokey then, not full on hip hop (not that I would really know what that was);).

E Lucevan le Stelle at table one, please, neat :laugh:

isn't the piece Dima Aliev skated on last season?

now this is something original, finally :clapper:

Morisi Kvitelashvili used "Bloodstream" for his SP last season.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Mikhail Kolyada
SP: "Wind Of Change" by Scorpions

source:Mikhail's instagram

i love it! i've always thought it could be a good song for a program, even without its original context (the fall of the berlin wall)

Alexei Krasnozhon
SP: Freedom by Pharrell Williams choreographed by Alex Johnson
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxqJFulFXTU/?igshid=11yl8sfcxvic2
FP: Dracula
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxmz3VknsDW/?igshid=1qryici09pwhk

alexei is reading our thread about villains :biggrin: good job alexei and thanks!

enzet

On the Ice
Love this choice (coming from the person sincerely believing classical music should be enforced in FS - ha ha) Can't wait to see the choreo & costume

Love this choice too and totally agree about classical music in FS!:laugh:
Actually, I think Kolyada especially should do more classical programs!
Putting the warhorse aspect aside, I loved his Carmen, he looked so much better there than in any other of his programs (particularly in Bratislava).
I've always loved his jumps, but last season I finally came to appreciate what a beautiful and elegant skater he is, when given the right packaging;)

That said, I'm totally happy with Wind of Change, it's the FS music I would change...:scratch2:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am loving Alex Krasnozhon's choices.

I think he'll be a powerful Dracula...

and skating to choreography by Alex Johnson, and skating to Pharrell? Challenging himself, and I'm there for it:agree:

Casual

On the Ice
Please noo. POTO is my favorite musical, but I cannot stand to see another program with the music

Me too. Love POTO, hate skating programs to POTO. They just never do the music justice...

On the other hand, I hope we'll see many Game of Thrones programs in years to come. The music was sublime, especially this season. And so many characters and themes to choose from! :yahoo:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh wow, I think I will either love it or hate it :laugh: Actually would not have imagined Kolyada skate to this one, but when thinking about it, with the right cutting and choreo and stuff it can actually get really nice.

I think it will be really good for him. :)

Tutto

Record Breaker
Love this choice too and totally agree about classical music in FS!:laugh:
Actually, I think Kolyada especially should do more classical programs!
Putting the warhorse aspect aside, I loved his Carmen, he looked so much better there than in any other of his programs (particularly in Bratislava).
I've always loved his jumps, but last season I finally came to appreciate what a beautiful and elegant skater he is, when given the right packaging;)

That said, I'm totally happy with Wind of Change, it's the FS music I would change...:scratch2:

So would I ... sigh... Putting aside my personal dislike for any Chaplin program, my biggest concern is that it will be similar to his Cirque du Soleil program the only one of his I frankly could not stand. And as you said his beautiful lines & posture will be totally wasted on Chaplin but oh what do we know? :shrug: Having said all this I know that he's got a natural talent for comedy, you only need to see his Chaplin EX program to appreciate how good he is... but will it look as good when jumps do not work (one of the reasons I don't like Chaplin programs)...

Oh wow, I think I will either love it or hate it :laugh: Actually would not have imagined Kolyada skate to this one, but when thinking about it, with the right cutting and choreo and stuff it can actually get really nice.

His Metallica EX was really good so I hope for something like that

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

I think that it could be a program in similar vein to Brezina's Queen 'Who Wants To Live Forever' SP last season, contemporary and making that powerful theme of the song pop out through skating and skater's attitude. I am very curious about choreo and music cuts.