2019-2020 Programs by Discipline | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2019-2020 Programs by Discipline

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yep, Rocky Horror Picture Show and Priscilla. Australian ice dance rocks.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I had a feeling she'd keep it. Think Gabby's team jumped the gun a season. Probably they don't care & it will work out just fine for her, but as with Medvedeva & Mirai's Chopin, if you select something that someone else has just successfully made a splash debuting, you kind of have to think they might be keeping it one more year.

And did that hurt Evgenia? I really doubt her team cared at all whether Mirai was keeping it. So I don't see how that's an example of jumping the gun.

As for Gabby, the music is special to her. Something about her Nana. And it's not even the same program. So I wouldn't say they "jumped the gun", because like you said, I very much doubt they care that Loena's kept it, or that they got the idea from Loena.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
And did that hurt Evgenia?

No. I would say that you will see that I said pretty much what you are saying. I doubt they care and probably it will not hurt Gabby. Nor did I say that these athletes should not have selected the music. But waiting one more season would have been in better taste regarding both choices, IMO.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Loena Hendrickx is keeping her sp from the previous season. She doesn’t know what her free skate will be yet.

so celine dion again?

Costume deductions ahoy, though, especially if the corset is teamed with the requisite fishnets and frilly knickers! Going by the choreo snippets Andrew posted, I think Riff-Raff and Magenta is a more likely look for them than Brad and Janet, though. Which would be fun.

men in ice dance can wear tights so Frank is doable, anyway Riff Raff and Magenta are great charchters too, i'm still happy:hap10:

randomfan

Record Breaker
Why is Mako keeping yet another program? First it was Bohemian Rhapsody (yes it was changed from FS to SP but still), then Madame Butterfly, and now Una Voce Poco Fa. I don’t recall Kanako or Shoma re-using programs this many times.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
ROTFL. That scene seems very Carol. She had some bizarre quirky thing with one of her novice dance teams last year too.

waxel

Final Flight
Let's take one of the most striking, powerful, dramatic skaters in the world and give him a program where he pretends to doff his bowler hat and twirl a cane.
Betcha he also checks his watch and does a big yawn. :rolleye:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
This. Is. So. Campy...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: i don't care who's doing this program, i have to see it :laugh:

Yeah, the clip with that dance is a camp defined, larger than life (pun intended!:laugh:), but after watching the movie over last weekend, listening to the music in it I think it would be a perfect fit for Piper & Paul: fitting into Finnstep aesthetic/style of pattern/rhythm, still having that strong 'Broadway-ish' character to it, a little jazzy, a little vintage-y, original like Piper & Paul's choices :)

Last edited:

Lota

Record Breaker
Aaaand it appears that the choreo for Tarasova and Morozov's SP is done by Massimo Scali (according to Tarasova's instagram post). Once again, really excited to see what they managed to come up with :love:

Also really loving that Charlie and Massimo have found a way to stay in the sport through doing choreography, my ice-dance-loving heart is happy :yay: