2019-2020 Programs by Discipline | Page 54 | Golden Skate

2019-2020 Programs by Discipline

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The question would be, what show(s) were their songs from. The best way for teams to not get in this mess, with as loosy goosy requirements as this year has, is to file their bios timely, well before their first event, and list all the songs they are using, and the shows they came from. Most of the dance competitors at Lombardia did not do that. Bad move. HUGE! ...especially for teams wanting to stand out by using music from obscure or very recent shows.

Boney M has a musical
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boney_M.

There is at least one Michael Jackson Jukebox musical...so One More Chance is probably OK too
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_Stop_'Til_You_Get_Enough_(musical)e

They should have been fine, but it was their own fault. They did not file a timely, complete bio.

So while I am.sorry for them, I hope they have learned a lesson.

Both 'Daddy Cool' and 'Gotta Go Home' are in the songlist for Daddy Cool, so those choices are legal. Don't Stop Till You Get Enough has never been staged and the song list isn't known; I can't find evidence of 'One More Chance' being used in any other musical either, so it may be the problem. If it has been used in one that's actually been staged and is a legit musical, but their team didn't file the paperwork correctly including the names of the musicals, the deductions are their own fault - everyone was told they had to do it before the season even started - but it'll only be a one-time thing.

If somebody got the rules for seniors mixed up with the rules for juniors and thought the pattern could be set to something other than a musical in seniors too, though, that's a more serious failure on the part of choreographer and/or coach, and they're going to need a revamp. There might be something in the Daddy Cool songlist that works for the pattern in its place.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Madison Chock & Evan Bates USA
RD: "Too Darn Hot" by Cole Porter from Kiss Me, Kate; choreo by Marie France Dubreuil, Sam Chouinard
FD: "Yearning" by Raul Ferrando, "Sahara Nights" by DJ Quincy and "Layali Al-Sharq" by Al-Ahram Orchestra; choreo by Marie France Dubreuil, Sam Chouinard

So both US teams at U.S. International Classic have the same RD music :eek:

McNamara and Carpenter have changed their second piece of music from Adele to Adam Lambert

Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER USA
RD: ‘It Was a Good Time" and "Maybe This Time" by Liza Minelli; choreo by Karla Garcia, Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov, Caitlin Kinney
FD: "Rescue" by Lauren Daigle and "No Boundaries" by Adam Lambert; Karla Garcia, Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov, Caitlin Kinney

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Updates from Lombardia Trophy Rhythm Dance

No.NameNation
1India NETTE / Eron WESTWOOD
RD: Overture to Gypsy
FD: "Music" by David Garrett and "The Rhythm Thief" by Sparks
AUS
2Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN
RD: Blues: Raise A Little Hell; Slow Foxtrot: Bonnie; Quickstep: This World Will Remember Us; choreo by M.-F. Dubreuil, P. Lauzon, S. Chouinard
FD: "Summertime" performed by Chris Botti and "Cry Me River" performed by Michael Bublé; choreo by M.-F. Dubreuil, P. Lauzon, S. Chouinard
CAN
3Marjorie LAJOIE / Zachary LAGHA
RD: Swing: Prologue (from "Westside Story") by Leonard Bernstein; Quickstep: Dance at the Gym (from "Westside Story") by Leonard Bernstein; Swing: America (from "Westside Story") by Leonard Bernstein; choreo by R. Haguenauer, G. Cournoyer, M.F. Dubreuil
FD: Bohemian Rhapsody by Freddie Mercury; A Night At the Opera by Freddie Mercury; choreo by R. Haguenauer, G. Cournoyer, M.F. Dubreuil
CAN
4Yuka ORIHARA / Juho PIRINEN
RD: Quickstep: Overture (from "Mary Poppins Returns") by Marc Shaiman, Scott Wittman;
Waltz: Trip a Little Light Fantastic Overture (from "Mary Poppins Returns") by Marc Shaiman, Scott Wittman;
End Title Suite Overture (from "Mary Poppins Returns") by Marc Shaiman, Scott Wittman; choreo by Paola Mezzadri, M. Wing, A. Lowe, N. Brown
FD: "Near Light" by Ólafur Arnalds; "Waves" by Dean Lewis; choreo by Paola Mezzadri, M. Wing, A. Lowe, N. Brown
FIN
WDJuulia TURKKILA / Matthias VERSLUIS
RD: Quickstep: "Overture" (from "Thoroughly Modern Millie"); Swing: "What Do I Need With Love" (from "Thoroughly Modern Millie"); "Forget About the Boy" (from "Thoroughly Modern Millie"); choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo, Massimo Scali
FD: "Smilies for Y" by Ezio Bosso; "Unconditioned (Following, A Bird)" by Ezio Bosso; "Fortitude" by Haevn; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo, Massimo Scali
FIN
5Adelina GALYAVIEVA / Louis THAURON
RD: Daddy Cool by Boney M; I Want You Back by the Jackson 5; Gotta Go Home by Boney M
FD: Carmen Suite
FRA
6Robynne TWEEDALE / Joseph BUCKLAND
RD: Overture to Top Hat; Let's Face the Music and Dance
FD: "Rocketman" and "Goodbye, Yellow Brick Road" by Elton John
GBR
7Chiara CALDERONE / Pietro PAPETTI
RD: Chicago soundtrack: All That Jazz and Hot Honey Rag
FD: "La Strada" by Nino Rota
ITA
8Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI
RD: The Hollywood Wiz and Reel Love by Cirque du Soleil from "Paramour" soundtrack
FD: "Space Oddity" cover version; "Life on Mars?" by Lukas Nelson and the Promise of the Real
ITA
9Jasmine TESSARI / Francesco FIORETTI
RD: Singing in the Rain
FD: "Lullaby of the Leaves" and "I'!! Take Care of You" by Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa
ITA
10Allison REED / Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS
RD: Bandstand soundtrack: "Love Will Come and Find Me Again;" and "You Deserve It"
FD: Songs by Aurora, including Churchyard, It Happened Quiet and Soft Universe
LTU
11Ekaterina MIRONOVA / Evgenii USTENKO
RD: I Can Do That, and One from the Chorus Line soundtrack
FD: W.E. soundtrack
RUS
12Anastasia SHPILEVAYA / Grigory SMIRNOV
RD: Grease soundtrack; choreo by Alena Samarskaia
FD: How to Steal a Diamond (soundtrack); choreo by Alena Samarskaia
RUS
13Alexandra NAZAROVA / Maxim NIKITIN
RD: Quickstep: Overture (from "42nd Street" musical soundtrack) by Harry Warren, Al Dupin; Blues: Overture (from "42nd Street" musical soundtrack) by Harry Warren, Al Dupin; choreo by Sergei Petukhov
FD: Prima Donna by Rene Aubry; Apres la Pluie by Rene Aubry; Steppe by Rene Aubry; choreo by Sergei Petukhov
UKR
14Caroline GREEN / Michael PARSONS
RD: “Screw Loose” and “Baby Baby Baby Baby Baby (Baby Baby)” from Cry-Baby the musical; choreo by Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov
FD: “Conquest of Spaces” and “I Love You” by Woodkid; choreo by Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov
USA

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
So both US teams at U.S. International Classic have the same RD music :eek:

For the 2nd year in a row. Last year Hubbell & Donohue and Carreira & Ponomarenko both had Maria de Buenos Aires. I'm getting a kick out of how Montreal and Chock & Bates have selected pieces two years in a row that they could have gotten straight from Igor. (Last year it was Elvis). It's ironic as I always think that one of the major issues with Shpilband is that you get a lot of overused/reused stuff. This season, though, probably a coincidence as I am not recalling any particularly well-received versions of Too Darn Hot in the past. Still funny though.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
From Nepela Memorial, first competitive appearance of a lot of new dances

No.NameNation
1Mina ZDRAVKOVA / Christopher M. DAVIS
RD: Quickstep: We Both Reached for the Gun; Nowadays; Hot Honey Rag; choreo by Marika Humphreys-Baranova
FD: Ergen Deda (Bulgarian Folk Music); Vecherai Rado; choreo by Marika Humphreys-Baranova
BUL
2Yuka ORIHARA / Juho PIRINEN
RD: Quickstep: Overture (from "Mary Poppins Returns") by Marc Shaiman, Scott Wittman;
Waltz: Trip a Little Light Fantastic Overture (from "Mary Poppins Returns") by Marc Shaiman, Scott Wittman;
End Title Suite Overture (from "Mary Poppins Returns") by Marc Shaiman, Scott Wittman; choreo by Paola Mezzadri, M. Wing, A. Lowe, N. Brown
FD: "Near Light" by Ólafur Arnalds; "Waves" by Dean Lewis; choreo by Paola Mezzadri, M. Wing, A. Lowe, N. Brown
FIN
3Natacha LAGOUGE / Arnaud CAFFA
RD: Dreamgirls soundtrack: I Meant You No Harm/ Jimmy's Rap; Love You I Dl
FD: Caruso soundtrack
FRA
4Evgeniia LOPAREVA / Geoffrey BRISSAUD
RD: Too Darn Hot
FD: Adagio for TRON by Daft Punk
FRA
5Katharina MUELLER / Tim DIECK
RD: Quickstep: Express (from "Burlesque"); Foxtrot: Show Me How You Burlesque (from "Burlesque"); Quickstep: Tough Lover (from "Burlesque"); choreo by Elena Maslennikova, Alexei Gorshkov
FD: Coco Chanel (soundtrack); Men's World; choreo by Elena Maslennikova, Alexei Gorshkov
GER
6Aurelija IPOLITO / J.T. MICHEL
RD: Swing: You Can't Hurry Love (from "Ain't Too Proud") by The Supremes; Blues: My Girl by the Temptations; Jive: Shout (from "Ain't Too Proud") by Isley Brothers; choreo by Michelle Marvin, Randi Strong, Serge Onik
FD: When We Were Young by Adele; One And Only by Adele; Turning Tables by Adele; choreo by Michelle Marvin, Randi Strong, Serge Onik
LAT
7Jenna HERTENSTEIN / Damian BINKOWSKI
RD: Waltz: "Let's Take an Old Walk" (from "Holiday Inn") by Irving Berlin; Quickstep: "Steppin' Out with My Baby" (from "Holiday Inn") by Irving Berlin; choreo by Elena Novak
FD: "Sogno" by Giuseppe Vessicchio & Giuseppe Francesco Servillo; "Io Ci Saro" performed by Andrea Bocelli; choreo by Elena Novak
POL
8Yura MIN / Daniel EATON
RD: Quickstep: 42nd Street by Harry Warren; Blues: 42nd Street by Harry Warren; Quickstep: 42nd Street by Harry Warren; choreo by Igor Shpilband, Pasquale Camerlengo
FD: "Love Is a *****" by Two Feet and "Nemesis" by Benjamin Clementine; choreo by Igor Shpilband, Pasquale Camerlengo
KOR
9Sofia EVDOKIMOVA / Egor BAZIN
RD: Blues: 42nd Street; Quickstep: 42nd Street; choreo by Natalia Sannikova
FD: "Rememberances" (from "Schindler's List" soundtrack) by John Williams; "La terre vue du ciel" by Armand Amar; choreo by Natalia Sannikova
RUS
10Betina POPOVA / Sergey MOZGOV
RD: Cabaret soundtrack, including: Foxtrot: "Willkommen," Charleston: "Money, Money," and Can Can: "Mein Herr;" ; choreo by Maxim Staviski, Olga Lukina
FD: "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen; choreo by Maxim Staviski, Olga Lukina
RUS
11Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV
RD: "Singin' in the Rain;" choreo by Sergei Pethukov
FD: "I Giorni" by Ludovico Einaudi; Antonín Dvořák: Gypsy Melodies, Op. 55, B. 104; Songs My Mother Taught Me, performed by Nemanja Radulovic; choreo by Sergei Pethukov
RUS
12Sara HURTADO / Kirill KHALIAVIN
RD: Foxtrot: Hello Dolly performed by Barbra Streisand; Quickstep: Hello Dolly performed by Barbra Streisand; choreo by Antonio Najarro; Sergei Petukhov
FD: "Orobroy" by David Pena Dorantes; "Puerta del Sol" by Manolo Carrasco, Ara Malikian; choreo by Antonio Najarro; Sergei Petukhov
ESP
13Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER
RD: ‘It Was a Good Time" and "Maybe This Time" by Liza Minelli; choreo by Karla Garcia, Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov, Caitlin Kinney
FD: "Rescue" by Lauren Daigle and "No Boundaries" by Adam Lambert; Karla Garcia, Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov, Caitlin Kinney
USA

Likewise from US International Classic
No.NameNation
1Molly LANAGHAN / Dmitre RAZGULAJEVS
RD: "Money" from the Cabaret soundtrack and "Big Spender" from Sweet Charity soundtrack
FD: Sinatra "The Summer Knows."
CAN
2Carolane SOUCISSE / Shane FIRUS
RD: Swing: December 1963 (from "Jersey Boys") performed by Bob Gaudio, Judy Parker; Foxtrot: Can't Take My Eyes Off You (from "Jersey Boys") by Frankie Valli; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil, Romain Haguenauer
FD: Tom Jones medley: It' s Not Unusual by Tom Jones; "Without Love" by Tom Jones; "Sex Bomb" by Tom Jones; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil, Romain Haguenauer
CAN
3Julia WAGRET / Pierre SOUQUET
RD: Singin' in the Rain; choreo by Massimo Scali
FD: Music by Benjamin Clementine; choreo by Massimo Scali
FRA
4Emily MONAGHAN / Ilias FOURATI
RD: "Dancing Queen" by Abba from the Mamma Mia soundtrack; "Bad Girls" by Donna Summer
FD: "Living On My Own" by Freddie Mercury; "In My Defense" by Freddie Mercury
HUN
5Maxine WEATHERBY / Temirlan YERZHANOV
RD: "Bei Mir Bist Du Schoen" by Ella Fitzgerald
FD: "Halo" by Beyoncé
KAZ
6Justyna PLUTOWSKA / Jeremie FLEMIN
RD: The Mask soundtrack: "The Business of Love," "Hi Ho;" and "Hey, Pachuco"
FD: "Time To Go" by Dean Lewis; "Waves" by Dean Lewis
POL
7Nicole KELLY / Berk AKALIN
RD: "You Are Woman, I Am Man" from Funny Girl
FD: Flamenco and "Rocío de Todos los Campos" by Natalie Lafourcade
TUR
8Christina CARREIRA / Anthony PONOMARENKO
RD: "Too Darn Hot" from the Kiss Me Kate soundtrack; choreo by Igor Shpilband
FD: Flamenco Medley: including "Farrucas" by Pepe Romero, a live version of "Malagueña" by Benise; choreo by Igor Shpilband
USA
9Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES
RD: "Too Darn Hot" by Cole Porter from Kiss Me, Kate; choreo by Marie France Dubreuil, Sam Chouinard
FD: "Yearning" by Raul Ferrando, "Sahara Nights" by DJ Quincy and "Layali Al-Sharq" by Al-Ahram Orchestra; choreo by Marie France Dubreuil, Sam Chouinard
USA

[/B]

Last edited:

Ladybug89

On the Ice
Update on Deniss Vasiljevs:

He officially has two SPs:

“Bloodstream” by Tokio Myers Choreo by Salome Brunner
and “Two Men in Love” by The Irrepressibles, Choreo by Sarah Dolan

In Bratislava he skated to “Two Men in Love”! He told us that he will switch from competition to competition throughout the season!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Choi Dabin

SP: Tu Sei
FS: Love Story (soundtrack) by Francis Lai

Only Kenji Miyamoto is credited as the choreographer

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

In Bratislava he skated to “Two Men in Love”! He told us that he will switch from competition to competition throughout the season!

Umm :scratch2:

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand

That’s a terrible idea why [emoji23] it will muck up his consistency even more. He won’t be able to polish either program properly.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

Variety is the spice of life!

It can also be the cause behind heartburn.

But hey, it's a 50/50 shot between the two right?

:hap57:

Ladybug89

On the Ice
Variety is the spice of life!

It can also be the cause behind heartburn.

But hey, it's a 50/50 shot between the two right?

:hap57:

Well... he said will depend on the country he is skating in where he will skate what.
Maybe some of you can understand it now a bit better if you look a bit closer on the song titles...

He also said that he really likes both programs and doesn’t see any problem in having two SPs. We‘ll see how it turns out..

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Well... he said will depend on the country he is skating in where he will skate what.
Maybe some of you can understand it now a bit better if you look a bit closer on the song titles...

He also said that he really likes both programs and doesn’t see any problem in having two SPs. We‘ll see how it turns out..

It's a secret code? :confused: Really I'm just grumpy because I want him to keep the Two Men In Love SP the whole season. Probably.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
There are a lot of updated bios in time for Nebelhorn. From Pairs:

Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER AUT
SP: In Your Hands by Charlie Winston; choreo by Mark Pillay
FS: "Broken" by Patrick Watson; choreo: John Zimmerman & Silvia Fontana

Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO CAN
SP: "Love On the Brain" (Los Feliz Blvd) feat. Bishop Briggs; choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: "Carry You" by Ruelle (feat. Fleurie); choreo by Julie Marcotte

Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER USA
SP: Music from Cirque du Soleil by Quidam; choreo by Chalie White and Renee Roca
FS: Music from The Lion King soundtrack; choreo by Chalie White and Renee Roca

Feiyao TANG / Yongchao YANG CHN
SP: Tango de los Exilados by Vanessa Mae, Walter Taieb; choreo by Pascal Denis
FS: The Greatest Showman (soundtrack); choreo by Pascal Denis

Last edited:

icetug

Medalist
That’s a terrible idea why [emoji23] it will muck up his consistency even more. He won’t be able to polish either program properly.

Don't think so. If you look at these programs closely, you'll see that jumps and spins are in the same order (combo - axel - FSSp - solo jump - spin - spin), moreover, time difference between the elements to perform in the beginning of the programs (till FSSp) is insignificant, thereafter "Two men in love" gives a little bit more time before a solo jump. So what's important for his consistency is stable, the rest is choreo he actually doesn't need to polish a lot.