2019-2020 Programs by Discipline

Ducky

On the Ice
Thanks to Whiteboredom's post in P/C's Fan Fest:

Gabriella Papadakis/Guillaume Cizeron

FD: "Find Me" by Forest Blakk + some piece(s) by Olafur Arnalds

Source

Well, it ain't no warhorse! :laugh:

Okay, I normally dislike spoken word but this is kind of good? (I've already an Olafur Arnalds fan.)

And now, come on P&D, figure out a program to Knee Play 5 starting with the "Two lovers sat on a park bench." You're basically there anyway.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Brendan Kerry

SP: Puttin' on the Ritz (instrumental); Mahna Mahna (instrumental - no Muppets involved!).

Andrea82

Medalist
The question would be, what show(s) were their songs from. The best way for teams to not get in this mess, with as loosy goosy requirements as this year has, is to file their bios timely, well before their first event, and list all the songs they are using, and the shows they came from. Most of the dance competitors at Lombardia did not do that. Bad move. HUGE! ...especially for teams wanting to stand out by using music from obscure or very recent shows.

Boney M has a musical
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boney_M.

There is at least one Michael Jackson Jukebox musical...so One More Chance is probably OK too
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_Stop_'Til_You_Get_Enough_(musical)e

They should have been fine, but it was their own fault. They did not file a timely, complete bio.

So while I am.sorry for them, I hope they have learned a lesson.

At Mezzaluna Cup they avoided the music deduction. Panel was split 2 to 4. I don't know if they made some changes though as I can't find videos from this competition so far.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
At Mezzaluna Cup they avoided the music deduction. Panel was split 2 to 4. I don't know if they made some changes though as I can't find videos from this competition so far.

They had no music deductions at the Masters de Patinage, but...it was the Masters de Patinage, so who knows what that means. I do think it's either the Jackson Five piece that's causing the problem, or something going on in the BPM that I can't track.

The music at the Masters was exactly the same as far as I remember.

elegance

Words are my skates.
Rinkside
Hello! Can anyone identify the second song in this YouTube?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8EHdJKo9Hs

I've searched in vain, and I would very much appreciate your help. That song will haunt my dreams if I can't find a recording of it.

And I really wish Sofia Akatieva could be a junior next season. Silly age deadlines!

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
Gonna try and dig out new music from the "Music selections" for Skate America on the ISU website
Listing the ones I don't recall seeing, sorry if any of these are repeats

Michal Brezina CZE
SP:Baby did a bad thing by Chris Isaak
FS: Beetles medley

Alexei Bychenko ISR
SP:Words by Harel Skaat
FS:pirates of the Caribbean (soundtrack)

Bradie Tennell USA
SP: "Mechanisms" and "Chronos" by Kirill Richter

Zoe Jones/Christopher Boyadji GBR
SP:The Storm by Havasi feat. Lisa Gerrard
FS:To Build A Home by Cinematic Orchestra

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Another quick music question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WARe99nsKUY

What is the first song in this video?

Thank you again for your help, everyone!

Music is also listed under the YouTube video itself.. click the small down arrow at extreme right just under the video and the menu containing added info about the video including music will drop down..

elegance

Words are my skates.
Rinkside
Music is also listed under the YouTube video itself.. click the small down arrow at extreme right just under the video and the menu containing added info about the video including music will drop down..

Thank you--much appreciated!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

Almost all the Skate Canada men have changes to what we know about their programs
No.NameNation
1Brendan KERRY
SP: Puttin' on the Ritz (instrumental); Mahna Mahna (instrumental); choreo by Nikolai Morozov, Florent Amodio
FS: Disombobulate (from "Sherlock Holmes" soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer; Date Date Data (from "Sherlock Holmes" soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer; choreo by Nikolai Morozov, Florent Amodio
AUS
2Nicolas NADEAU
SP: Don't Fall In Love While I'm Away by Wake Child; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne, Mark Pillay
FS: Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode; It's No Good by Depeche Mode; I Feel You by Depeche Mode; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne, Mark Pillay
CAN
3Nam NGUYEN
SP: Blues for Klook by Eddy Louiss; choreo Mary Angela Larmer
FS: Music from The Beatles ("Come Together", "Get Back" and "Let It Be"); choreo Danielle Rose & Kurt Browning
CAN
4Roman SADOVSKY
SP: "Fly Me to the Moon" by Chris Mann ; choreo by David Wilson (last year's)
FS: Theme of Schindler's List, Prelude in C-sharp minor ("Bells of Moscow") by Sergei Rachmaninov; Hatikva; choreo by Mark Pillay(last year's)
CAN
5Paul FENTZ
SP: Blue Skies by Sam Harris; choreo by Adam Solya, Mark Pillay
FS: "Still Standing" by Egon Taron Egerton; choreo by Adam Solya
GER
6Matteo RIZZO
SP: "Start a Fire" by John Legend; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne, Corrado Giordani, Massimo Scali
FS: Galicia Flamenca by Gino D'Auri; choreo by Massimo Scali,Shae-Lynn Bourne, Corrado Giordani
ITA
7Yuzuru HANYU
SP: "Otonal" by Raul di Blasio; Jeffrey Buttle, Shae-Lynn Bourne
FS: "Origin" (Art on Ice)by Edvin Marton, rearranged music of Plushenko's Nijinski program. (Plushenko gave permission in April); choreo by Shae Lynn Bourne (last year's)
JPN
8Keiji TANAKA
SP: "Hip hip Chin chin" (Maxim Illion Mix) by Club Des Belugas; choreo by Massimo Scali
FS: Sherlock Holmes soundtrack; choreo by Kenji Miyamoto
JPN
9Deniss VASILJEVS
SP: “Bloodstream" by Tokio Myers; choreo by Salome Brunner
FS: "Lotus Feet" by Steve Vai; choreo by Stephane Lambiel
LAT
10Julian Zhi Jie YEE
SP: Everglow by Coldplay; choreo by Elvin Wong
FS: Seven Nations Army by Jack White performed by The White Stripes; Highway to Hell by Don Scott performed by AC DC; Kings & Queens by Jared Leto performed by Thirty Seconds to Mars; choreo by Michael Hopfes
MAS
11Andrei LAZUKIN
SP: Mack the Knife (from "Dreigroschenoper") by Kurt Weill, performed by Bobby Darin; choreo by Tatiana Prokofieva
FS: Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquin Rodrigo; choreo by Tatiana Prokofieva
RUS
12Camden PULKINEN
SP: Caruso performed by Josh Groban, choreo by Josh Farris
FS: "Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence" and "Rain" by Ryuichi Sakamoto; choreo by Stéphane Lambiel
USA

Last edited: