2019-2020 Programs by Discipline

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy

pearly

Record Breaker
There was so much good music in episode 3 of Game of Thrones. We can now retire Light of the Seven and use these pieces.

gonewiththewind25

Final Flight
Sasha Trusova just announced that she'll be portraying the character of Daenerys from Game of Thrones in her Free Program to the music Pray by Matt Bellamy. I think that the soundtrack could work well for her but I am quite concerned with how age appropriate it may be, considering that she explicitly mentioned the character Daenerys.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
You're only allowed to a Game of Thrones program if you are either portraying Lady Mormont OR the Night King. Sorry, I do not make the rules here.

I find it funny that this was the last thing talked about on this thread, and now Trusova has announced she is doing game of thrones, and using the song the Night King.

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
GoT has some great music, but they should have picked Arya. Daenerys doesn't really move (except riding the dragon), so how do you portray her without a dragon?

Ducky

On the Ice
Sasha Trusova just announced that she'll be portraying the character of Daenerys from Game of Thrones in her Free Program to the music Pray by Matt Bellamy. I think that the soundtrack could work well for her but I am quite concerned with how age appropriate it may be, considering that she explicitly mentioned the character Daenerys.

Isn't Dany like 14 when the books begin?

gonewiththewind25

Final Flight
Isn't Dany like 14 when the books begin?

She 100% is. I’m talking about how a major part of her character’s struggles and growth revolved around being raped by her brother and stuff...
I hope I’m just overreacting though and that it all turns out well.

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
She 100% is. I’m talking about how a major part of her character’s struggles and growth revolved around being raped by her brother and stuff...
I hope I’m just overreacting though and that it all turns out well.

When was she raped by her brother?! Her brother sold her to a savage husband to secure an army for a conquest.

gonewiththewind25

Final Flight
When was she raped by her brother?! Her brother sold her to a savage husband to secure an army for a conquest.

Sorry, not her brother. But her rape at the hands of Drogo is heavily implied in the books. In any event, let's just move on from it and hope that Sasha can really shine with a GoT program!

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
Sorry, not her brother. But her rape at the hands of Drogo is heavily implied in the books. In any event, let's just move on from it and hope that Sasha can really shine with a GoT program!

Agree :) GoT has beautiful music, powerful characters and, yes, a lot of violence throughout. Arya is an assassin, Sansa was also raped, Cersei is a villain. There are no happy princess characters there, but that's fine, there are enough Disney princesses already. It all depends on how the GoT program will be done. I don't think that Daenerys and Sasha are a good match and wish they have chosen someone else, but I still hope for a great program, Sasha deserves it.

Tex

On the Ice
Can anyone confirm that Popova and Mozgov are using Cabaret for their RD? I saw on Betina’s IG stories her answering questions and she posted a picture of Cabaret in a response to a question about music. If it is true, this music is perfect for her and Sergey.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
There was so much good music in episode 3 of Game of Thrones. We can now retire Light of the Seven and use these pieces.

there are litterally tons of beautiful pieces in 8 seasons, nobody uses the lannister themes! (except for paul fentz)

well the age is the same and i doubt her program will include any mention to rapes and there will be no lyrics implying sexual innuendos or prostitution (unlike big spender)

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
I also see her more as an Arya - but I'm sure the program will be age-appropriate.