2019-2020 Programs by Discipline | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2019-2020 Programs by Discipline

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I'm much more bothered by yet another Schindler's List program that's probably in poor taste than by more Chaplin honestly.

LRK

Record Breaker
I saw Mikhail's performance of his Chaplin EX at the Mishin/Moskvina anniversary show (I don't watch galas much, so I'd not seen it before), and what struck me most forcefully about it was… that he seemed to actually be having FUN. It's such a long time since I've seen that enjoyment in him at competitions, so if he can bring that spirit of fun to the competitive version, I'd be in favour of this program for that reason alone.

Roast Toast

Medalist
I liked Misha's Chaplin exhibition. I don't mind a good warhorse program from a Russian skater as long as it's nice and clean, like his Carmen program was. I think this could be pretty good.

Looks like an ASIB free dance for H/D if their new insta posts aren't an elaborate ruse. I like that they are going back to a more mature love story. It remains to be seen whether Marie-France will actually put out better choreo this year though.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Sorry, not her brother. But her rape at the hands of Drogo is heavily implied in the books. In any event, let's just move on from it and hope that Sasha can really shine with a GoT program!

Just to be a stickler for ASOIAF canon - Dany's rape by Drogo is an invention of the GoT TV show. Her wedding night to him in the books is unambiguously consensual and it's actually really sweet. The only words Drogo knows in her language are Yes and No and there's a lovely scene between them where he learns and respects her boundaries using only those two words.

The Night King is really dynamic music and I'm glad someone's using it.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Hmm, well Tootsie has made it to Broadway. I'd love to see a dance team take it on for the RD, if only to see the costuming...

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Sara Hurtado/Kirill Khalyavin
FD Flamenco
Choreographed by Antonio Najarro
Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw7gYvvhc58/?igshid=tcuth42x1fuq

already nostalgic of this season? i know it was tango, but we got a lot of flamencos too :biggrin:

Hmm, well Tootsie has made it to Broadway. I'd love to see a dance team take it on for the RD, if only to see the costuming...

if they have to do it red sparkling dress must be mandatory (for men, of course)

Matilda Friend/William Badaoui: Game of Thrones (FD).

so i guess we got a new warhorse, right? (note to myself: be carefull of what you wish for :biggrin:)