How much does your coach charge for a local competition? | Golden Skate

How much does your coach charge for a local competition?

GBs mom

Rinkside
Mine charges the equivalent of an hour lesson plus a travel fee. I'm curious what's typical.

Nimyue

On the Ice
Funny my coach went with me to one and my daughter to another, and I have no idea. She just sends me a bill at the end of the month and I pay it :laugh:

The travel fees are usually split between other skaters if they are there. So for my competition I know it was split between 2 of us, and for my daughter's it was split between about 6 kids, so that helps.

Skatedadof2

Spectator
all of our coaches usual charge for 30 mins rate and for each extra event it goes down a little. if out of town need hotel etc we pay for travel. the also charge for practice ice 30 min rate if others are on ice it is split.

skatemom0810

Rinkside
Coach charges a flat rate per event. We haven’t had to pay a travel fee yet but we’re in a skating heavy area and all the rinks are very close to each other.

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
I charge for the practice/warmup time plus the competition time and round to the nearest 15min. I also charge for travel expenses. Travel expenses are split between all my skaters. Same with the practice/competition time if I have multiple skaters in the same warmup group/flight.