Ksenia Stolbova & Andrei Novoselov | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ksenia Stolbova & Andrei Novoselov

LadyB

Record Breaker
Hmm, this is going to be interesting! Ksenia and Fedor did an amazing blues SP in the 2015-16 season, so it would be exciting to see if they go in that direction. I have no idea what “classic in modern variation” piece they’re using, but I guess we’ll know in a week :)

I Put A Spell On You was a masterpiece, presented by two formidable skaters and performers. This is a different pair. We can NEVER compare them to S/K. S/N will find their own dynamic and put their own style on things. I’m sure they’ll do well.

Rosallie

On the Ice
Note about competition costumes: I hope Ksenia will have a skirt, not overalls (really don't like it) :pray::biggrin:

Moaray

Rinkside
That death spiral is indeed really hard! it is forward outside death spiral. Not many skaters in this discipline can do that.

madforskating

On the Ice
I Put A Spell On You was a masterpiece, presented by two formidable skaters and performers. This is a different pair. We can NEVER compare them to S/K. S/N will find their own dynamic and put their own style on things. I’m sure they’ll do well.

Of course. As Ksenia said, it’ll be a fresh start. I hope she still brings her fabulous flair, but as for Andrei, he’s a completely clean slate.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
They still need some time to refine everything though their experience could be seen even now.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Although with errors in the SBS jump, I really liked them. I loved the entries into the SBS jump and the spin, the death spiral and Ksenia's arm movement. I also think that the twist is so much improved.

madforskating

On the Ice
I really like this SP for them! They looked a little nervous and that’s probably why they popped the side by side jumps, but overall I see a lot of potential. The throw jump was beautiful. I really enjoyed the step sequence; Andrei is much quicker and smoother than I expected. I’m usually not a fan of blues programs, and the song isn’t my cup of tea, but it works for them. It’s sharp, it’s sexy, and I think it will only look better with time.
Ksenia’s outfit and lipstick were a bomb; I know it’s just her practice outfit, but she looked dang good.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Their SP on YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sBvpkCz1T8

So awesome to see Ksenia back :luv17: They still have a lot to work on, but it's promising. I really hope Stas will fix the twist with time completely, though you can already see the difference in technique. Well, I'm hyped. Give them GP spot!