Ksenia Stolbova & Andrei Novoselov

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Could somebody translate it, pleeease?:pray:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WqYRbIxOKo
Please welcome.

Congratulations on the season s beginning. First and foremost, Ksenia congatulations on returning to the ice. Everyone had been looking forward to test skates to see your first skating together. What are your emotions?

K: Can“t be expressed by words.
A : Overwhelming.
K: We ourselves had been looking forward to it, have been waiting for my come back, for Andrei to be released. And because of it we can't express our emotions, so far all emotions went through during the skating.
A: We need time for the things to calm down and then we'll see.

Ksenia, in an interview you said that a 1,5 year break was useful for you. So you were able to rest, to get back, to recover from injuries. What is your physical and mental state now when you are going to the ice?

With renewed body, with renewed emotions and renewed tuning in.

Andrei, how comfortable is for you to skate? You teamed up in a mature age. What is different when you team up at 15-16 and when you are at your early twenties?

K: Very early, isn't it?
A: Of course, it is always hard. But i hadn't had an experience of skating with such...such a strong person, both emotionally and physically. It drives me, gives me strength. I'm very glad that I have such a chance to skate with Ksusha.

Ksenia, and what is different for you to team up at 15-16 or more mature age?

It isn“t worth speaking about. The difference is great.

Okay, thank you. Got it. Ksenia, the next question. You are Sochi olympic champion in team event, a silver medalist in pairs skating. What would you like to achieve at this turn of your career?

I try not to think about previous medals and titles, it's gone. I should fight for new achievements, already with a new partner, with a new team. So we will hope for the best and work about it.

Back to test skates in Moscow, what do they mean for you?

K: Such a starting point for a long journey, an interesting long journey.
A: It is a chance to show ourselves, to show what we have done during all this time and at the same time what we should change and work more on.

What resulted on your music choice for short programme and a few words about the routine.

K: We mutually somehow came to this choice. It fits us very much and pleases the soul.
A: I always liked jazz, blues. It's mine. I think I manage to perform emotionally to this music. It touches me, because I like jazz and blues very much. That's why we finally chose it.

What are your tasks just for the test skate?

K: First to show the routine layout, show what we have been working on, and simply finally show up in the ice. And then in a process of preparing to competitions something will be changed, maybe music cuts, layout of elements. We have a lot of work to do.

We are very glad that you came back. Your eyes are burning, Ksenia. Congraulations again. Waiting for your free tomorrow. Thank you.
A &K: thank you.

madforskating

On the Ice
I really love the new free program! I’m usually not a fan of Moonlight Sonata, but this cover is hauntingly beautiful and dramatic. The elements look fairly good, especially the throw jumps. I’m really excited to see this program continue to grow; clearly they are making progress.
It’s going to sound funny, but when I listened to the music, it reminded me of Ksenia’s comeback story: it starts out quiet and builds momentum to the end.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Tsarina Ksenia is back! :hap93: The throws, the movements! It was breathtaking! :love: Sorry Andrei, bu I was totally watching Ksenia all the time. I really hope ANdrei learn fast though. I don't really have big hopes for this season, because they still have lots of work to do on both accounts, but next one? Definitely waiting to see how it'll turn out.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Tsarina Ksenia is back! :hap93: The throws, the movements! It was breathtaking! :love: Sorry Andrei, bu I was totally watching Ksenia all the time. I really hope ANdrei learn fast though. I don't really have big hopes for this season, because they still have lots of work to do on both accounts, but next one? Definitely waiting to see how it'll turn out.

I don't mind him at all so far. He did everything he had to do to keep up with her--of course, in the expression department he's lagging behind, but he did his jumps, the throws and lifts were decent to good, everything seems to be working for him, which was my worry. Now I'm not worried. They just have to keep on doing whatever they are doing.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I don't mind him at all so far. He did everything he had to do to keep up with her--of course, in the expression department he's lagging behind, but he did his jumps, the throws and lifts were decent to good, everything seems to be working for him, which was my worry. Now I'm not worried. They just have to keep on doing whatever they are doing.

I didn't mind him, either. But that's not good enough if you aim high. So I hope he learn fast and catch up more to Ksenia ;)

LynsJ

On the Ice
Love this fs music for them. This program has a lot of potential. [emoji178]

LadyB

Record Breaker
The guys are given the Rostelekom spot. :thumbsup:

It was Megasport where I saw Ksenia's last ever performance with Fedor :sad4: ...

... and now I'm gonna witness live her first GP outing in her new skating era. :hap36:

madforskating

On the Ice
It was Megasport where I saw Ksenia's last ever performance with Fedor :sad4: ...

... and now I'm gonna witness live her first GP outing in her new skating era. :hap36:

That’s so amazing! I hope you have a great time! Cheer extra loud for me (although I will be so excited that I’m sure she will be able to hear me from the United States).

LadyB

Record Breaker
With Z/E out of the GP, Ksenia might just clinch a second GP spot ;)

madforskating

On the Ice
With Z/E out of the GP, Ksenia might just clinch a second GP spot ;)

I would love that, but I don't think they're on the substitute list. They don't have an international season's best to get chosen. Stupid ISU rules.