Ksenia Stolbova & Andrei Novoselov | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ksenia Stolbova & Andrei Novoselov

Rosallie

On the Ice
End of waiting! :dance: ... So, after the SP I am a little bit upset, because of the score as well as - how to say it ... - Ksenia wasn't the real queen on ice, both (Ksenia and Andrei) were very very nervous. But, of course, could expect that... :confused2: ... Overall, congrats to the first small medal!!! :luv17:

madforskating

On the Ice
Not bad! They did look nervous, but it’s a good start and I like the new program a lot. Her landing on the throw jump was flawless! Good luck to them in the free skate.

Rosallie

On the Ice
I know, it's their first competition, they were nervous... but still I expected more :( ... But still love our queen :luv17: ... By the way, give Ksenia a skirt please :biggrin:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I know, it's their first competition, they were nervous... but still I expected more :( ... But still love our queen :luv17: ... By the way, give Ksenia a skirt please :biggrin:

I guess Andrei Novoselov is not used to be in medal position. There is potential, but they definitely need to work on his nerves. (And I mean Ksenia as well, she's the more experienced one out of two). Right now I think the pressure is off. I mean, now no one expect them to podium at Nationals, so whatever happens there, it'll be okay. I just hope they will compete internationally in senior B later in season. They need to compete to get the nerves in control, and nice Season Best to be guaranteed next season GP assignment.

luckyguy

Match Penalty
Ksenia was very gentle to her weak partner after the skate. I would like to know how he skates in the training sessions. At the moment are Pavliuchenko/Khodykin and Mishina/Galliamov clearly better.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
The only season best they have for the next season GP assignment is this Rostelekom one. They are not enlisted for Golden Spin, the last Challenger series competition this season.
Of course, they have some chances to make Russian team for Euros and Worlds to obtain better SB there, but probability seems very low so far.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
The only season best they have for the next season GP assignment is this Rostelekom one. They are not enlisted for Golden Spin, the last Challenger series competition this season.
Of course, they have some chances to make Russian team for Euros and Worlds to obtain better SB there, but probability seems very low so far.

Oh no, you're right :( I forgot other Senior B's do not count into SB score.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Ksenia was very gentle to her weak partner after the skate. I would like to know how he skates in the training sessions. At the moment are Pavliuchenko/Khodykin and Mishina/Galliamov clearly better.

He is just as weak and out of place in practice and he’s actually just walking past me in the hotel lobby, ha ha! Ksu was on fire during SP and he always seems to struggle to keep up. I totally agree, at this stage they are miles behind the other teams. Not Ksenia, but this team. B/K are a well oiled machine, they are a team on and off the ice and you can feel that wherever they are. Novoselov always seems embarrassed about something and Ksu makes it clear that she totally supports him. She took his arm and put it around her shoulder, as he makes no movements towards her.
After SP, when she was super happy (which she kept repeating at press conference), she so wanted to hug him, but he just stood there and looked a bit puzzled. I know, I’m mega biased but they have a lot of work to do. Sorry, correction: he has. Having said that, Ksu made a few mistakes during FS warm up too...

madforskating

On the Ice
Well, I’m disappointed in how this performance went, but it’s their first competition and they have time to improve. I don’t know if they will reach the top again, but I think they can do better at Nationals.

I think Andrei seems like a shy person to begin with, and the hype made him nervous. He’s skating with an Olympic champion in their first competition together, the arena is going crazy, and it’s his first chance at a Grand Prix medal in his career. He is usually a solid jumper, but he probably just choked on the big stage. I feel like he’s a bit in awe of her and doesn’t know how to interact with her like she’s a real person. Of course, I would be intimidated too - she’s a goddess! I think Massot had the same feeling towards Savchenko at first. He’s probably scared of looking clumsy next to her, which only makes him mess up more.

He’s not up to Ksenia’s level as a skater and I don’t know if he will catch up, but if he can settle the nerves and get the elements done, I think they have a shot. I just think it will be a slow comeback; we might not see their full potential until next season.

However, let’s not forget Ksenia went from not making the World team in 2013 to winning two Olympic medals in 2014. I’m not saying that’s likely to repeat here, but it’s possible.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Ksenia posted a big apology on Instagram. (I wanted to post the link, but doesn't seem to work for some reason, sorry)
You just don't do that if it is only a bad day in the office.
Boikova/Kozlovskii, Mishina/Gallyamov, Pavliuchenko/Khodykin and a mentally recovered Tarasova/Morozov is a bloody hard crowd to overtake. If Akhantieva/Kolesov are winning the JGP, they will be pushed up by the Fed as well as Ksenia.
Of course, I still do wish her the very best of luck.

madforskating

On the Ice
Ksenia posted a big apology on Instagram. (I wanted to post the link, but doesn't seem to work for some reason, sorry)
You just don't do that if it is only a bad day in the office.
Boikova/Kozlovskii, Mishina/Gallyamov, Pavliuchenko/Khodykin and a mentally recovered Tarasova/Morozov is a bloody hard crowd to overtake. If Akhantieva/Kolesov are winning the JGP, they will be pushed up by the Fed as well as Ksenia.
Of course, I still do wish her the very best of luck.

Well, her post is a bit concerning, but I'm not going to panic yet. She might just be upset because it didn't go well. After all that preparation and the struggle to get him released, she's probably very frustrated. She seemed mentally strong at the competition - in all honesty, I wasn't sure how well she would be doing after everything she went through, but she seems to be in a better place. I remember at her last competition with Fedor (2018 Europeans), she was almost crying because they got silver instead of gold, and here she was smiling even though they got 5th place at a much easier competition. She really seems much more relaxed this season, but she's always been hard on herself. I do hope her post is nothing to worry about.

It's going to be a hard road ahead of them, but let's see how they perform at Nationals. Rome wasn't built in a day :)

LadyB

Record Breaker
They are listed for Golden Spin in Zagreb, early December, as one of two Russian pairs.
The other one being Akopova/Shagalov, predominantly coached by Fedor Klimov.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
That's great that the fed gave them a chance for improving their SB. Earlier there was some other team and no substitute entries from Russia.

madforskating

On the Ice
They are listed for Golden Spin in Zagreb, early December, as one of two Russian pairs.
The other one being Akopova/Shagalov, predominantly coached by Fedor Klimov.

That's awesome, I hope they can give it a try and work out some of the issues they had at Rostelecom. I think a few small competitions might help Andrei get his nerves under control. Also, it'll be fun seeing Fedor there too!

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Golden Spin is a rather big event. 23 teams are on entry list, 6 of them besides Ksenia and Andrei are from this season GP curcuit. :biggrin: