Ksenia Stolbova & Andrei Novoselov | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ksenia Stolbova & Andrei Novoselov

madforskating

On the Ice
According to the VK fan page, Ksenia and Andrei have withdrawn from the Russian Cup event because Ksenia is sick. I wish her a speedy recovery and hope they will be back strong at Golden Spin of Zagreb!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
They are listed for Golden Spin in Zagreb, early December, as one of two Russian pairs.
The other one being Akopova/Shagalov, predominantly coached by Fedor Klimov.

Good move by the Fed! Golden Spin scores are often inflated, they have chance to improve the SB.

madforskating

On the Ice
Good move by the Fed! Golden Spin scores are often inflated, they have chance to improve the SB.

I think they can do well! They have all the goods; now they just need to deliver. It’s a smaller crowd so hopefully Andrei won’t be so nervous.
I just hope the other pairs don’t get inflated scores too. I feel like Stolbova/Novoselov were lowballed on PCS even at Rostelecom Cup TBH.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I think they can do well! They have all the goods; now they just need to deliver. It’s a smaller crowd so hopefully Andrei won’t be so nervous.
I just hope the other pairs don’t get inflated scores too. I feel like Stolbova/Novoselov were lowballed on PCS even at Rostelecom Cup TBH.

Afraid all Pairs will have inflated scores, but it's not like all of them will do beter than them. And Ksenia's basics are great, but Andrei is not as good. (It was the same with S/M) I really just hope that Andrei won't stress over too much this time. He clearly can't deal with it yet. I don't want to get too much hope, less dissapointment! But I'm super glad they have opportunity to compete again :)

madforskating

On the Ice
Afraid all Pairs will have inflated scores, but it's not like all of them will do beter than them. And Ksenia's basics are great, but Andrei is not as good. (It was the same with S/M) I really just hope that Andrei won't stress over too much this time. He clearly can't deal with it yet. I don't want to get too much hope, less dissapointment! But I'm super glad they have opportunity to compete again :)

I think they can pull off a medal here in this field as long as Andrei keeps his nerves together. Hopefully it's a step forward on the road to Nationals. I don't think anyone can match Ksenia in skating skills, but I hope Andrei can at least be a good Massot to her Savchenko.

Artemisa

Final Flight
It's good they need scores for next year .. and I don't think they need the competition to become better and have a shot at 3 place at nationals.

madforskating

On the Ice
Are you sure?

I think EVENTUALLY they could be within the top 3 in the country. Ksenia's jumps look stronger than they were in her last season with Fedor (I think her leg injuries must be healed) and Andrei was always a consistent jumper with his previous partner, Lola Esbrat. Right now, I think Andrei just needs to get used to the new partnership and get his nerves under control. I'd be intimidated if I had to skate with a queen like Ksenia too! I think he can catch up with time, but I'm not sure if they will have it together before Russian Nationals this year. It might be another year or two before they find their groove, but I'll be cheering for them!

madforskating

On the Ice
Ksenia and Andrei withdrew from Golden Spin of Zagreb. Apparently they never even arrived in Croatia. I'm assuming they haven't had enough time to prepare (she did mention being ill a few weeks ago). Not surprising, but still disappointing. Hopefully they can deliver decent performances at Russian Nationals, but the field is stacked with talent so they'll need to bring their A-game if they want a shot at the Euros and Worlds teams.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Ksenia and Andrei withdrew from Golden Spin of Zagreb. Apparently they never even arrived in Croatia. I'm assuming they haven't had enough time to prepare (she did mention being ill a few weeks ago). Not surprising, but still disappointing. Hopefully they can deliver decent performances at Russian Nationals, but the field is stacked with talent so they'll need to bring their A-game if they want a shot at the Euros and Worlds teams.

Watching GPF today, they have 0 chances to make it to Euros. Savchenko/Massot had it easier, because of non existent comeptition withing Germany, but the young Russian Pairs teams are out for a blood and Ksenia & Andrei don't have the same luxury.

madforskating

On the Ice
Watching GPF today, they have 0 chances to make it to Euros. Savchenko/Massot had it easier, because of non existent comeptition withing Germany, but the young Russian Pairs teams are out for a blood and Ksenia & Andrei don't have the same luxury.

It’s definitely a brutal field, and tbh I don’t think they’re ready this year. However, with the exception of Mishina/Galliamov, the Russian pairs didn’t really skate well in the free skate of the GPF. It all comes down to who has the best performance of the night, but I think Ksenia and Andrei would need to skate clean in a messy field in order to medal.
Boikova has an injury right now but I imagine the fed will still send them to Euros as long as she’s healthy enough to stand up. M/G look solid right now. P/K have talent but haven’t delivered consistently yet. Also, T/M might pull it together at Nationals.
I’m not counting S/N out, but it’s not looking likely.

hanca

Record Breaker
They are not ready at this moment and I don’t think there is a need to rush it. The Olympics are in two years and two months.

The Russian pairs field is quite packed, but none of the pairs at this moment is unbeatable. Tarasova/Morozov have consistency issues, it seems that Boikova/Kozlovski let the nerves get to them and even though it was a one-off this season and until now they have been pretty consistent, it shows that they are beatable. Pavliuschenko/Khodykin seem to have so much potential and yet somehow they don’t seem to quite make it (yet). They always make some silly mistakes. Mishina/Galliamov have done well at this competition, and yet at the GP events they score ‘only’ 207, 203 and again 203. (Compared with Boikova/Kozlovski’s scores 216, 229 and 201). That shows that they can win only if other pairs make mistakes, because they seem to be stuck under some invisible ceiling. I am sure that when Stolbova/Novoselov are ready, they will be easily able to beat Mishina/Galliamov and Pavliuschenko/Khodykin.