Ksenia Stolbova & Andrei Novoselov | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ksenia Stolbova & Andrei Novoselov

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
They are not ready at this moment and I don’t think there is a need to rush it. The Olympics are in two years and two months.

The Russian pairs field is quite packed, but none of the pairs at this moment is unbeatable. Tarasova/Morozov have consistency issues, it seems that Boikova/Kozlovski let the nerves get to them and even though it was a one-off this season and until now they have been pretty consistent, it shows that they are beatable. Pavliuschenko/Khodykin seem to have so much potential and yet somehow they don’t seem to quite make it (yet). They always make some silly mistakes. Mishina/Galliamov have done well at this competition, and yet at the GP events they score ‘only’ 207, 203 and again 203. (Compared with Boikova/Kozlovski’s scores 216, 229 and 201). That shows that they can win only if other pairs make mistakes, because they seem to be stuck under some invisible ceiling. I am sure that when Stolbova/Novoselov are ready, they will be easily able to beat Mishina/Galliamov and Pavliuschenko/Khodykin.

Well, I don't really know what Andrei 'ceiling' is. I agree that when they're ready they shoud be able to beat some of the teams, but you know, those teams might improve as well. I'm not trying to predict how it will be in next season, but this season I think they won't accomplish much. Though if they manage to score in top5 at Nationals, that would be awesome, because they'd get the funding then :) Anyway, I think of this season as preparation time.

madforskating

On the Ice
To be honest, I’m not expecting too much from them this season, but I do hope they achieve something together. It’s definitely a tough field but the sport can change so much in a few years. Pairs get injured, split, or retire; no one expected Ksenia and Fedor to even make the Olympic team and they walked away with two Olympic medals :)

madforskating

On the Ice
Ksenia ana Andrei are skipping Russian nationals because Andrei's leg is injured.

Oh no! I’m afraid this is definitely not their year. Hopefully he recovers and we will see them compete again sooner than later.
No matter what, Ksenia is an Olympic and World medalist. She could’ve walked out of the sport after 2014 with her head held high, but she chose to continue and I respect that, even if she’s not having the glorious comeback she wanted. She seemed happy at COR and that’s all I want for her.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Apparently Ksenia has retired. The end of an Era for me :sad21:

madforskating

On the Ice
Such sad (but not surprising, tbh) news. I’m still processing it right now.
It seems so strangely fitting that she announced retirement on the 6-year anniversary of her Olympic silver medal. I actually woke up today thinking I would watch her Addams Family performance and then I saw the news...I wish her all the best, but I will miss her so much. I hope she’ll keep skating in shows.

Here’s her Instagram post about it: https://www.instagram.com/p/B8eRUIMp3VF/

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Ksenia is now part of Moskvina group and I love that for her. An also for kids, because has a lot of experience to share with them :)