Girls Fleece/Warm Tights? | Golden Skate

Girls Fleece/Warm Tights?

Sibelius

On the Ice
Hi All,

Any recommendations for girl's skating tights? Fleece or extra warm, one of our rinks is extra cold. Stupid me, I didn't think to get started "in season". My skater is 10, and small. She's been skating in NY2 skating pants, but she's outgrown the children's sizes and the adult XS still doesn't quite fit. I think she wants to move on anyway for more variety. Most of the girls at the rink wear Ivivva, but oh my, the $$$. Same for Athleta, even more $$$!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi All,

Any recommendations for girl's skating tights? Fleece or extra warm, one of our rinks is extra cold. Stupid me, I didn't think to get started "in season". My skater is 10, and small. She's been skating in NY2 skating pants, but she's outgrown the children's sizes and the adult XS still doesn't quite fit. I think she wants to move on anyway for more variety. Most of the girls at the rink wear Ivivva, but oh my, the $$$. Same for Athleta, even more $$$!

Mondor makes polartec leggings and they are warm. They have them in ladies and kids sizes. They also make fleece thermal leggings. https://mondor.com/figure-skating/bottoms.html?cat=154

Jerry's skating world in Canada also carries fleece leggings. https://jerryskate.com/product/367-fleece-leggings/

jf12

Final Flight
Hi All,

The cheapest way would be to get some cheap 10$ leg warmers from target or something and wear them over your normal leggings.

bunnybarista

If I risk it all, could you break my fall?~
On the Ice
The cheapest way would be to get some cheap 10$ leg warmers from target or something and wear them over your normal leggings.

Seconding this. I wear regular non-skating leggings that aren't thick or lined in any way, but I stay toasty because of my legwarmers.

Sibelius

On the Ice
Thanks for the leads. The Mondor leggings look nice, in between Ivivva and Athleta in price. I think I missed the season on those though, available sizes are limited. I thought that she could wear simple (read cheap) leggings with thinner tights underneath, but I was overruled on that. Under Armour might have some as well, the factory store is a bit South of here. She just hates shopping and trying things on though.

I'll turn it over to the skater and shopper (aka Mommy). I still can't believe how much those Ivivvas cost. Maybe if she wasn't still growing.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Thanks for the leads. The Mondor leggings look nice, in between Ivivva and Athleta in price. I think I missed the season on those though, available sizes are limited. I thought that she could wear simple (read cheap) leggings with thinner tights underneath, but I was overruled on that. Under Armour might have some as well, the factory store is a bit South of here. She just hates shopping and trying things on though.

I'll turn it over to the skater and shopper (aka Mommy). I still can't believe how much those Ivivvas cost. Maybe if she wasn't still growing.

I can't say much because I often wear Lululemon tights or joggers. Then again, I'm a grown woman.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
And you probably don't put holes in the inner thighs of $100 pants. How she does it I have no idea.

Exactly. What I was saying about being a grown woman was, I'm not a kid that will grow out of them quickly at that price and possibly wreck them easily. :laugh:

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
And you probably don't put holes in the inner thighs of $100 pants. How she does it I have no idea.

Toe picks, maybe? Although I shudder to think about anyone's toe pick ending up near one's inner thigh!

I wear $5 fleece leggings when it's cold, and they hold up just fine.

Sibelius

On the Ice
Toe picks, maybe? Although I shudder to think about anyone's toe pick ending up near one's inner thigh!

I try hard not to think about how she does it, hard enough to watch the falls.

Nimyue

On the Ice
Victoria's Challenge!!!!!

I can't recommend them enough. I have Mondors and many Lululemon clothes that I wear often, but I have a pair of VC's fleece for when it's really cold, and they are amazing. They were also by far the cheapest of the lot. They are also sized normally like street clothes. I wear a Large in Mondor and an XS in VC. I got my fleece leggings for $45 because I picked a closeout color, but regular prices are around $60.

MiraiFan

Final Flight
Victoria's Challenge!!!!!

I can't recommend them enough. I have Mondors and many Lululemon clothes that I wear often, but I have a pair of VC's fleece for when it's really cold, and they are amazing. They were also by far the cheapest of the lot. They are also sized normally like street clothes. I wear a Large in Mondor and an XS in VC. I got my fleece leggings for $45 because I picked a closeout color, but regular prices are around $60.

I love this brand too.

g8rsara

Rinkside
I got a pair of Mondor leggings last week online for $23. They were having a clearance sale. Tried them on and they are pretty warm and not even a fleece or “warm” in the description. They also have thermal tights and such on sale, quite a few options under $40, which is rare for them. Just make sure you click the US flag if you live in the US for $ prices. Sale is still going on. Performance. Mondor.com. The opaque tights I got seem pretty warm as well. Limited size but you could get lucky, I did!! And I love VC, too, they are great for super warm leggings.

mishulyia

On the Ice
Check out Target’s Cat & Jack line. They have “Cozy Fleece Leggings” that I’ve heard good things about. Go up to sizes XS-XXL girls too.

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States

This has happened to me. Toe pick near the inner thigh, getting up from a fall. Lol. As an adult.

I typically do the tights-inside-regular-leggings thing, because I find fleece skating leggings restrictive and also don't particularly like to wear skating socks unless they're knee highs. Leg warmers feel like extra material/bulk to me but I'll wear those goofy fuzzy ones if I'm on the ice for a few hours at a time coaching LTS. I never jump or do advanced moves with them. Scared of them catching. I do recommend Mondor if you're going the fleece legging route. I have also had luck with outdoorsy-type brands for winter outdoor skating, like Arcteryx. Super pricy though, but they last forever. I find them much more comfortable than skating-specific pants in polartec.